hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 22 of 718 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Lol Security Space

So something happened in Ofstold, don't have all details but it started with some guy in my alliance sieging a platinum moon that happened to be owned by a well connected Russian guy, then it kept escalating on both sides, the Russians doing it better. We ended up losing a bunch but having incredible fun in the process (2+ hours fight). Both sides were light on ECM which sure helped with the fight being fun.

Also, cashed insurance on my bait triage Niddy days from it expiring \0/, too bad it was fitted to tank dreads/supers for a very short time and it ended up having to tank a subcap fleet for a long time.

"fixed" to the best of my abilities BR (had to leave for beers) is http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=5412, raw BR is http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12685312

So, after a week or so planning. SOTF and WBR (lowsec FW corps you've probably never heard of) pulled off the impossible.

The plan was simple, jump dreads in and gank a PL titan in Amamake. These guys are so arrogant they are camping the hisec gate in amamake, sometimes with just a single titan! We simply could not tolerate it any longer! ... We were prepared to put all our assets on the line for a PL titan kill and thats exactly what we did. The plan sprung into action at around 2230 eve time on friday evening. Here is a general flow of events ...

PL titan lands on the osoggur gate (with a couple of carriers supporting)
    retardedly overtanked proteus cloaky cyno moves into position 10km form the PL titan
    3 cloaky recon's with cyno's also get into 10km of the PL titan,
    40ish (dont remember exact number) SOTF+WBR dreads are assigned to the 3 recons for a cyno in
    4 cyno's decloak, 40 dreads cyno in. 40 ish HICS / neut BS also bridge to the proteus cyno
    couple of PL carriers melt
    PL titan melts
    PL jump in a support fleet (true PL style, 30+ supers + 5 or so more titans)
    WBR / SOTF continue to melt a few more PL caps
    before
    the militia caps themselves begin to melt (my moros died in about 15 seconds)
    A few militia caps make it out alive, but barely any.

overall battlereport ... (probably a mess, you can figure out yourself who was who i guess)

http://www.sotfkb.com/index.php/kill_related/612488/

mad props to PL for their response time tbh (i'm told they already had that supercap fleet in the area ready to drop for another op so we got kinda unlucky) but our op was designed to kill a titan, and kill a titan we did

btw, any1 selling cheap moros's en masse?

hehehehe

good fun

p.s. I know we upset a bunch of other militia folk with this op,. Since they had planned a similar op, But in all honesty, from what i had heard of the alternative op (300 stealth bombers, really?) it was a failure waiting to happen ... flame on, we welcome the drama :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tekitha View Post
    our op was designed to kill a titan, and kill a titan we did
    Well done. Gate camping titans should be crushed and PL banished from lowsec and back to trolling around 0.0..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Not to boast or anything but the supercap fleet is allmost running 12-14 h a day, so its kinda hard to avoid hitting anything without having PL supers in gang(with atleast a targetcalling fc) somewhere closeby, tho it was a good run, and mad props to FW.
    Also I would like to add that that super gang (8-10 supers+handfull of carriers) was cynoing in while titan was still in full shield.
    https://www.pandemic-legion.com/kill....php?id=493759 (1 of the fishing carriers that jumped in with the fishing supers, that died b4 the titan,still in his cap fit)
    as 1 of the gatecamp members was in both fleets, both the fishing fleet and the gatecamping fleet and told us stright away what was happening) tho even with carriers instantly triaging it was no way of keeping the titan alive when he had close to 0 resist mods on. main bulk of the supers/carriers/titan however prob came in after titan was dead alrdy. think we killed 2-3 dreads before the titan died. But it was going way to slow in the beginning.

50 dreads is a lot of dps(prob more than what our superfleet was doing), tho I knew we had time on ourside(besides the erebus dying in a fire) the longer the fight dragged on the bether for us(mostly because of raw ehp/RR)
    Last edited by Mr Blue; March 17 2012 at 10:20:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
    Not to boast or anything but the supercap fleet is allmost running 12-14 h a day, so its kinda hard to avoid hitting anything without having PL supers in gang(with atleast a targetcalling fc) somewhere closeby, tho it was a good run, and mad props to FW.
    Also I would like to add that that super gang (8-10 supers+handfull of carriers) was cynoing in while titan was still in full shield.
    https://www.pandemic-legion.com/kill....php?id=493759 (1 of the fishing carriers that jumped in with the fishing supers, that died b4 the titan,still in his cap fit)
    as 1 of the gatecamp members was in both fleets, both the fishing fleet and the gatecamping fleet and told us stright away what was happening) tho even with carriers instantly triaging it was no way of keeping the titan alive when he had close to 0 resist mods on. main bulk of the supers/carriers/titan however prob came in after titan was dead alrdy. think we killed 2-3 dreads before the titan died. But it was going way to slow in the beginning.

50 dreads is a lot of dps(prob more than what our superfleet was doing), tho I knew we had time on ourside(besides the erebus dying in a fire) the longer the fight dragged on the bether for us(mostly because of raw ehp/RR)
    What I don't get is how/why the titan pilot didn't reship for resists etc seeing as there was carriers errywhere.
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

Nice work on the Titan. I hadn't been home from work long when IRC started to ping. Was delayed whilst logging in for 2-3 minutes from having to patch a couple of clients, but landed on the gate with a Hictor just as Odda died - and my Aeon arrived a couple of minutes later.

Hilarious thing was, if he hadn't been in a retarded fit - he almost certainly wouldn't have died. >_> Then again, I've known Odda for a fair few years now, and this kind of retardedness isn't whollly suprising.

Good job though!

Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post

What I don't get is how/why the titan pilot didn't reship for resists etc seeing as there was carriers errywhere.
    First of all he had client issues(iv experinced myself tho after the latest patch/launcher thingy) if you run several clients off 1 install.
    Apparently hes client freezed, and when he was logged back(and joined fleet) in he was alrdy in structure. add that and a bit of slowed reaction time due to adrenaline pumping prob.

2nd: having carriers everywhere is accually a bad thing, as if more than 12 capital ships is in range of the one person your trying to refit on, you will get error message saying too many pilot is in range bla bla bla.
    Not that it would have made a difference as he wasnt back in fleet before it way to late. Question is why would you fit a titan like that to begin with, but thats a :mystery: I cannot solve.
    Last edited by Mr Blue; March 17 2012 at 11:46:50 AM.

Was a good kill. You FW guys did what all of nullsec has been failing to do by actively hunting and killing one of our titans.

:madprops:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post

2nd: having carriers everywhere is accually a bad thing, as if more than 12 capital ships is in range of the one person your trying to refit on, you will get error message saying too many pilot is in range bla bla bla.
    The limit is 10 ships of any size within the usage range of the carrier, what I'm not sure about if it's all ships or only fleeted ships. Can't seriously think why it's limited so, but it makes combat refitting really hard.

Here's the first vid of the W-BR/SOTF vs PL fight

http://youtu.be/2U0dTlU-QUg

Also, FG's battle report is worth checking out.

http://wolfsbrigade.org/?p=713

Much love to PL for putting assets in space and creating content, and mad props to everyone involved on our side for jumping in their dreads without beeing told what they are jumping in and then congratulating us for geting them killed
    Last edited by Lock out; March 18 2012 at 01:13:46 AM.

So I hear the upshot of this that PL are now banned from putting supers on lowsec gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So I hear the upshot of this that PL are now banned from putting supers on lowsec gates.
    Banned? No.

But it's certainly given some of the retarded idiots who would ordinarily sit there in blap fits something to muse over.

PL guys are welcome to put supers wherever they want, but if they do it stupidly they'll get ridiculed mercilessly.

BTW The video shows some inexperience on the part of the FW FC in capital target calling. Nothing that a bit of practice won't correct however. Shooting archons before thannys and aeons before nyxs is generally a bad idea. But if your biggest problem as a FC shooting supercaps for the first time is that you pick a bad target after killing the titan, you know you're destined for great things.
    Coms discipline was great, the call to start shooting Odda was made at a perfect time, and nobody was being cowardly with their dreads. Tons of respect for the guys in that fleet.
    Last edited by Raivi; March 18 2012 at 02:39:39 PM.

It was pretty clear they were all committed to it being a suicide fleet anyway. I'm just a little annoyed because I have a dread in amamake and would have loved to join in.

To be honest, we (the few that knew the whole plan) expected a 50/50 chance to lose all the dreads. Hoowever we had a few contingency plans that we either scrapped during fight or simply failed to execute properly. We were prepared to lose the dreads but not resigned to it . We knew they had a fishing fleet out, we had scouted bout 2 titans and 12 supers that were on that fishing op and we were prepared to fight it. What we weren't prepared for was the rest of the supers/titans that came in so fast.

The contingency plans were as follows :

- Siege for only one cycle.

In hindisght we should've stuck with it, the titan was already dead when first siege cycle was ending. However, we were still killing carriers so fast that we got a bit overexcited and ordered 2nd cycle. We could've prolly extracted 20 or so dreads if we stuck with once cycle. However, we are not too upset about it, since doing 1 siege cycle meant we would've done gank n run, while 2nd siege cycle showed we have the insanity (stupidity ?) to try and fight PL.

-Smartbombing BS :

We had 6 or 8 disco BS to try and clear the swarm of fighters/fb's . While in theory that should've reduced the damage significantly and help us kill carriers 2x faster than losing dreads, it didn't really work, because we are still unexperienced with fighting dozens of supers and as you can see on the fraps we didn't manage to position them properly in relationship to the drone swarm. No biggie, we'll get it better next time.

- 20 or so Neuting BS.

We were counting on them to reduce either the reps from a few carriers or dps from 1-2 titans. However once 6 titans and a bzillion carriers were on field they couldn't make any significant impact in the outcome.

As for bad calls, calling the aeon might've been bit of a bad call but we rectified it asap, and on archons before thannys, when you have that much dps, it really doesn't feel like much of a difference.

In the end, we derped a bit here and there, but it's not like anyone else knows how to fight PL supercap fleet and we're the only ones who haven't learned yet. And as Raivi kindly put it, nothing a bit of practice won't fix.

Later edit : If I have any regret from this op, it's that Vyktor's moros didn't survive again, after beeing epicly rescued from 4 % structure a few weeks before . (see Lord's post on top of page 19)
    Last edited by Lock out; March 19 2012 at 04:30:37 PM.

Seyllin 19 Mar

The Epically named Bondage Goat Zombies (BAAD) called on S I L E N T. for a little sniping support for a POCO bash. They'd reinforced a ton of POCOs belonging to General Tso's Alliance who was already in the area fixing for a fight.
    Formup took over an hour due to a badly scattered response and reshipping for a lot of people, then ships had to be ferried for the ebil piwates who weren't welcome in highsec. finally we were staged a couple jumps out when BAAD managed to get their fleet scattered in Highsec. Both principles reshipped hastily while the S I L E N T. fleet cooled their heels nearby.

Finally BAAD gets on a POCO and starts pewing away, hostiles show up on grid and S I L E N T. pounces. It wasn't quite an alpha snipe fleet, but the firepower was more than sufficient for chasing the hostiles from the field. Tso brought caps to the party, two Archons and a Chimera. the BAAD S I L E N T. fleet melted their ships before the non-triaged carriers could do much other than get jammed. The Tso FC got his carriers to refit each other with stabs and an Archon and a Chimera escaped, leaving a sacrificial lamb on the field for BAAD S I L E N T. to take apart. TSO didn't go down easy though, taking down a pair of Megathrons, and a hurricane in the fight for the carrier. Most of S I L E N T. had to leave to trek back to their home, several stayed behind and TSO managed to pounce on them while they were reorganizing, nabbing several free kills salvaging some honor in the face of a tough battle. The real victory for TSO came when they caught up to an Orca that had been salvaging the battlefield.

BAAD spent the rest of the time bashing POCOs, even bringing out a dread, while TSO continued chasing S I L E N T. through their safes before both sides gave it up. Props to BAAD for setting a nice little trap and bringing the toys necessary to ensure it worked, props to TSO for bringing the fight and not giving up even after heavy losses.

S I L E N T. KB Losses missed the timer for the fight and API is having issues
    Bondage Goat Zombie KB People still use Griefwatch?
    General Tso's Alliance KB REALLY? Both people that still use Griefwatch in the same fight?

Coincidentally, another fight with the very same S I L E N T. 24 hours later.

Late Monday evening USTZ, Rote is bombing around low-sec with eight ships: Mega Navy Issue, Hyp, Tempest, two Lokis, damp Ishtar, and Oneiros. I'm asked to get into a Sebo'ed Phobos because we're roaming low-sec and **** warp core stabs. So our gang is six DPS and two support. We reach Arnher when our scout (Pest) reports that S I L E N T. is camping the Egmar gate in Arnher with a mixed group of shield BCs and the like, including Tengu/Falcon/Cynabal, totaling about ten, with about 16 in Local. Most of their ships are sitting at range from the gate. We have GCC because of a Brutix we'd killed in that system ten minutes prior.

Their Falcon in Egmar cloaks up and a Crane jumps into us. We realize that the Crane is their scout pretty quickly, particularly when he starts talking to us in Arnher Local. We recall our Pest and move to a tac off gate and the negotiations start about who is going to jump into whom and under what conditions. They say we have logi. We say they have Falcon. They say "what Falcon?". We say we know how to use directional.

Our GCC runs out, so we send the Pest back in, who reports they've picked up two more BCs and are up to 12. The Pest slow-boats back to gate without them going GCC on him. The negotiations are going nowhere. We get on gate and send the Tempest in a third time and the FC asks if there's anything close to the gate. He reports a few ships are now close, maybe because they're thinking about jumping into us? But they again do not aggress on our Pest. We decide what the hell and skip the rest of the negotiations. FC orders the Pest to point something and in we go.

And it soon turns out their gang isn't ten or 12, but is in fact 15, including three Falcons which decloak at range around us. At close range to us are two Drakes, a Cane, Cyclone, 14 inch penis, and Rapier. They also have gate guns on their side because they refuse to go GCC. Thanks to some smart damping, we neutralize the Falcons for a couple of minutes and in that time kill the Rapier and drive off the Cane (we're too slow to hold him), where he's caught and finished off by our Mega, which warped off because S I L E N T. primaried but didn't point him.

We settle in to burn down the 14 inch penis but now their Falcons close from extremely long range to just long range, get under our damps, and go to work. Still, despite this, we manage to finish off the 14 inch penis and a Drake despite half our fleet being jammed at any given time. The Cyclone (flown by FireworkX) deaggresses and jumps out when we primary him. Meanwhile, they primary our Oneiros, which burns out of range and warps off, then warps back. They turn on and kill our Tempest while our Logi's gone. The Cyclone comes back in but misses that KM because he spends that time ignoring his FC's primaries and shooting at me, whom he had no chance of actually killing. gg FireworkX.

The remaining Drake burns away from gate and the rest stay about 50km off, so we deaggress and jump out with (not too sarcastic) gfs in Local.

Our kills: Rapier, 14 inch penis, Drake, Hurricane
    Their kills: Tempest
    KB doesn't show our Oneiros, the Cane kill, or their Cyclone who didn't get on their Tempest kill.

Later that evening, they swing close by where we're living with roughly the same fleet comp and accuse of us of leaving "just when it was getting good." We say we'll run through the same system again Wednesday night (last night), and if they want to fight again, we'll show up. I myself was late to the party so couldn't participate; I could only listen in. Rote had about the same number of people with the same comp, but figuring that S I L E N T would lay some kind of trap for us, this time we stage a triage carrier instead of an Oneiros, to be brought in if the blob seems to be in effect.

I'll let Corelin discuss the results if he likes since I wasn't there (note the Blackbird was on their side, not ours)...
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=67570
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Sadly I missed the wed night fight. Once the chest beating calms down I'll see if I can get something useful. I am especially interested to see what is said about EM because we are not too friendly with them.

Some notes:
    We had a claymore in the fleet but I don't remember a cyclone might you have confused them?

What really killed us is we had practically no DPS. 3 falcons turned out to be too many and not enough all at once. Coordination was poor so a lot of ships that should have been jammed weren't, and having so many cost us a lot of DPS that could have finished a couple of ships off before they could jump out. Alternately we could have brought logi.

I had been fiddling the with ferox (and yes I've changed it again) which is why that was there.

half the reason we didn't want to GCC was sec status, I was already nearly to -4.0 and we like being able to support folks that aren't in the immediate area, which sometimes means traversing highsec. On a related note ANYTIME CCP WANTS TO FIX SEC REP MECHANICS WOULD BE JUST FINE PLSKTHNXBAI.

The other half is with no logis and a lighter fleet comp gate guns would hurt us a LOT more than they'd hurt you.

I don't remember the mega being primary until the end when it jumped through, the hype was primaried, but it was holding way to well for our meager DPS.

One move I noted on your side was you had enough DPS (and we so little) that when we primaried something other than the oni the oni would hold it up while it de-agressed and jumped through. Your DPS meanwhile was more than sufficient to mulch us.

Building PvP capability in an alliance that has expanded as much as S I L E N T. has is an interesting challenge. We definitely are limited in our capabilities and don't always work together as well as we could, but I've got isk to blow on ships

Still and all it was a very fun fight in which I conclusively proved that a fit I'd been fiddling at still isn't right

My CEO is a maroon.

i wasn't at the wed fight either- but from what i know, there was cooperation between silent and electus matari to take down the kepele carrier. Silent knew that rote kapele were feeling quite aggravated lately- due to some minor battles in metropolis (ussually silent fleets ganking off-guard rote kapelle members) so we realized you guys were itching to come at us.

As i understand Electus Matari approached Silent for a temp blue to kill the carrier and as much as we dislike electus matari, coa + freinds- silent like to kill capitals as much as the next guy.

I know nothing of the actual fight though.

Highlighting Corelins point above- Silent has expanded a lot lately, and there are plenty of new faces- causing a lot of growing pains, but we'll get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by thekiller2002us View Post
    i wasn't at the wed fight either- but from what i know, there was cooperation between silent and electus matari to take down the kepele carrier. Silent knew that rote kapele were feeling quite aggravated lately- due to some minor battles in metropolis (ussually silent fleets ganking off-guard rote kapelle members) so we realized you guys were itching to come at us.
    AFAIK, all we've lost is soloers, who... well, solo. I specifically took those fights to SILENT because they don't have 39482492931 oracles and like to fight. I'm not sure how many more times I'll take a fleet down there specifically because SILENT won't flag, and my sec status has dropped -3 already on this vacation, and I hate griding it so bad it hurts physically. Ultimately, secstatus mechanics and gate guns are why we live in NPC nullsec, and I'm very anxious to get back to it.

Both fights were fairly terrific (moreso the second), and I'm pleased with SILENT. I'll be interested to see if they upengage like we do, once all our peeps are back from iceland.