hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Articles covering AT9 and related crap

Articles covering AT9 and related crap

The AT9 ended the way it ended. So it would be nice to see reaction of major gaming news sites and have them single thread. So let me start:

Massively: EVE's Alliance Tournament IX ends in controversy
    Ten Ton Hammer: EVE Online Alliance Tournament IX Ends with Controversial Twist

Re: Articles covering AT9 and related crap

Massively knows what's up - big positive response. \o/

Also: http://www.mmocrunch.com/2011/06/19/eve ... ntroversy/

These sites sure are original with their titles.

if ccp just took it positively it really will pay in their favor...but they seem more out of touch of their game all the time.

r/eve is pretty boring on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand
    if ccp just took it positively it really will pay in their favor...but they seem more out of touch of their game all the time.
    You guys were probably too busy preparing for the games yesterday, but if you watch the break interviews with Soundave's team BFF, Zulu (they asked him to clarify 99 dollah which he only partially did, but he did reiterate CCP wanting to take control of its brand) and especially the interview with Torfi in the studio I think you'd see that they are a lot less out of touch than one would think given how they post on eve-o and the decisions they make. Torfi and Soundwave mentioned a number of things players have been complaining about, so no, I don't think they're that out of touch, amazingly.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by Intigo
    Massively knows what's up - big positive response. \o/
    Yeah nice comments really.

Administrator Movember 2012 Don Pellegrino's Avatar

CCP's marketing has a serious opportunity to market it the same way they did with the GHSC theft(s) and the EBANK scam.

This is a tournament that will be remembered and talked about for a long time. How many people on this website joined eve because of the press about GHSC?

I'm one of the thousand of people that did and reading those websites shows how we accidently put eve on the frontpage of the gaming magazines/webpages.

Yeah, hoping they manage to spin this into something not shitty for them. Mostly because I like having alliance tournaments, and a pissed of CCP isn't a great way to get them.

Right now the amount of rage in Eve is delicious. If CCP announce they are suspending future ATs the rage generated will fuel my sadistic love for Eve until the servers collapse.

They should embrace it.

Getting mad about it gets them nothing. Smiling and acting like it is the best thing since sliced bread makes them look like they have something special and that they are extra clever boots for making a game and an event where something like this could happen.

They just need to inject something along the lines of: "Hydra + Outbreak won twice and many matches as any other team to get to that situation, and we don't tell EVE players how to play. However, if you don't like what they did... Well CCP isn't going to tell you not to do something about it, because we don't tell EVE players how to play... Although when you look at some of the epic acts of revenge that have transpired in EVE (insert link to GHSC heist), players often do tell other players how to play EVE."

That way they make new marketing gold with the tournament results, and lets them re-use old marketing gold.

Comparing AT9 Final to GHSC heist.

lulz

Yea I suppose you are right. From the sounds of it, the GHSC heist took less effort and spying to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Android
    From the sounds of it, the GHSC heist took less effort and spying to pull off.
    I'm a bit rusty on the details of the GHSC heist, but isn't this ultimately worth a lot more than that (adjusted for ingame inflation), even if you split it up among the team members?

The GHSC heist highlighted what players are capable of accomplishing in CCP's sandbox.
    The AT9 final highlighted what players are capable of accomplishing in CCP's rule defined small scale tournament.

One situation had macro implications, the other was extremely micro.

Of course, the latter event is causing way more rage-filled tears. So I'm at a loss to declare a victor.

Ehhh...

I wouldn't say "extremely micro" seeing as HYDRA (and by HYDRA I obviously include OB) just secured ownership of 2 unique ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy
    Good job hiding this