I don't think there will be another Alliance Tournament.
I don't think there will be another Alliance Tournament.
so how would you feel about a officer fit t3?Originally Posted by jonesbones
Hey, I just met you,
and this is crazy
but here's my number,
so call me, maybe?
Format was good. WAY better than in previous years.. My only comments would have been to run more of the pre-qualifying rounds as the swiss system works best when its run for 3 or more rounds, so 2 rounds of pre-qualifying wasn't quite enough. Also as they didn't televise these rounds, sweet talk another GM in to helping out and run 2 matches at a time in different systems? That way you can get through 4 games each in a weekend.
The only other comment is to seed the top 8 so they don't end up in the same group. 'Seed' in this case would have been the top 4 from last year (in order) followed by the top 4 qualifiers..
The other comments above about not bothering with the +25% for a win and intentional handicap are also good as this system just does not need them.
< Jolin> you're prety too LanaTorrinOriginally Posted by lubica
I'd like to see several things:
- Emphasize the importance of warp disruption by removing the boundary penalty, increasing the grid size to 500km, and adding LCOs to the edges of the arena. Then put a captureable beacon (FW style) with a 3 minute timer and 40km range (it stops assigning control when someone's within 40km). The match ends with the first of a team being eliminated, the beacon being captured, or 10 minutes (15 for finals).
- Remove any penalty for cloaking
- Tweak point values. Too many T3s.
- Already planned balancing changes (EAFs, AFs, etc). Hopefully fix hybrids up a bit too.
adjust points to encourage t1 cruisers again
make any alliance that had more than one boundry violation in the previous tournament ineligible for the next AT due to being terrible.
Liang, your changes are awful. What I'd do is: a dictor bubbles, lots of bombs go off, everyone cloaks and rewarps. Repeat. Cloaking Badger drops jet cans of bombs.
It'd be more like TQ, but it'd be less like an honourable space battle.
Why, specifically, are my changes awful? It solves two ridiculous problems:
- The arena is too small for nano ships to effectively do their job, and boundary violations are bullshit.
- Tackle (read: long points and bubbles) is pretty much meaningless (and yet is somehow one of the *key* defining features of TQ)
- The lack of Suddenly
I'm not asking for it to be a perfect representation of battles that happen on TQ, but it shouldn't be very hard to come up with some improvements that at the least solve problems #1 and #2.
if you think the AT suffers from a lack of 'suddenly falcon' you can suck my piss from a rusty sphincter, you goatless arse rabbit
Originally Posted by Shiodome
My latest PVP video: Freestyle III
You know as long as matches ended in a relatively entertaining manner, everyone at ccp would get that this is a joke. Thanks to the serbians and the final, I spent the night tonight on damage control trying to prevent them from actually attempting to ban metagaming. And I'm not sure I'm succeeding.Originally Posted by Krugerrand
Originally Posted by Raivi
tell them to to at least record non-streamed matches, and hydra won't do it again.
I'm not sure if you're serious or not.. how do they think they can prevent metagaming? There's absolutly no way to objectively prove/disprove it. I mean, it can be obvious, but obvious isn't proof. But this is CCP, after all
I think negotiating for ccp concessions is out the window. They're pretty pissed, and with decent reason considering the work they put in.
It really shows what Eve is, and that's not a bad thing. I have the feeling that this tournament final will make the headline of websites like Massively to show how different and deep Eve is.
If they're pissed then they don't understand their own game (in before "no shit, sherlock"). Multiple alliances attempted what we did and it's all fair game and there's no way to stop it. It's not a chess tournament, it's an eve tournament. I'm sure there's all kinds of shenanigangs going on in chess tournaments, too. They seriously have an opportunity to brag about their game, here. I'm serious.
cut it back to 2 ships of each hull type so we get a bit more diversity in the setups
Someone on eve-o had a really good idea to solve that problem: Every duplicate ship costs 1 or 2 points more.Originally Posted by Soryn Kael
So if you bring 4 sleipnirs: 16 + 18 + 20 + 22.
An elegant solution, imo.
This for me is the thing that killed the final match, and that will probably kill everything in the AT from now on, for all the excitment that supposedly this event brings to the community, and the effort CCP puts into it, players just decided to fuck everyone and say "hey we want the ships and the prize thats all, we will engineer everything to suit us".Originally Posted by Raivi
Metagaming and griefing is part of eve.....but this is an event sponsored by CCP so the players can have bragging rights, not to farm shineys.
But for these players it is just an excuse to farm shinies. That's always been the case in every MMO. I mean look at World of Tanks' clan warfare. A month-old game and people have made big alliances already to sit on the good provinces and Europe and farm up all that daily gold. Literally like half a week to a week into clan warfare and the map was all napfest alliances. It's fucking boring, but that's the way some people are.Originally Posted by Bruno Bonner
The problem isn't really the metagaming, most people were entertained by the Co2 shenanigans.Originally Posted by Don Pellegrino
The problem is that your metagaming resulted in a dozen minutes of tedious fail in full view of everyone (CCP management, sponsors, customers, press) in what was a venue for demonstrating eve as deep, vibrant and exciting. You could argue that tedium and fail are integral to the eve experience but I doubt that that's much of a selling point for the uninitiated.
I can understand CCP's pissed off attitude... if I were them, I would see a few options as viable:
1) Withdraw official support from the tourney for awhile, maybe make the next one 2 years from now as a punishment for fucking up the final (harsh).
2) Ban any alliance that were involved in thrown matches (Razor, Boars, C02, Outbreak, HYDRA, etc...) from future tournaments (harsh albeit focused).
3) Change the rules to make self-destructs illegal, remove the handicap system, and have the option to disqualify opponents who are doing shady things in live matches (moderate).
4) Reduce tourney prizes back to the things they were around the AT5 era, where it was just a lot of cash and medals (weak).
If they go option 1, I'll be mildly pissed at the responsible parties.