hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44451525354
Results 1,061 to 1,067 of 1067

Thread: Civilization V

It’s been routinely selling at that price for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, it was mostly that it initially seemed to be the whole bundle for 66 pence, but that was just because I have everything but the Scrambled maps DLCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

New expansion announced: Civilization VI: Rise and Fall

The main point for me in this expansion is the return of "culture-flipping" a city, just that it's called "Loyality" this time:
    EARNING LOYALTY

The stakes of the new Loyalty system are huge because, at the extremes, it can flip control of entire cities to different players without military force. Low Loyalty in a city puts it at risk of rebelling and becoming a Free City. That, in turn, makes it a juicy target for other players looking to expand their own empire. Keeping your cities loyal not only keeps it on your side, but also emanates its Loyalty as a kind of “peer pressure” to other cities nearby. You could even sway cities from other civilizations to join you.

In previous Civilization games, there were ways to “Culture Flip” another player’s city without military intervention. We felt it was time to reexamine this non-militaristic way to change borders, and expand territory.

Loyalty also changes the landscape and strategy around the map as the game continues. What could have been an unchanging border between two civilizations in the base game becomes a contentious battleground of loyalties in the expansion, especially when Golden Ages or Dark Ages are involved.
    You'll notice the terms "Golden Ages or Dark Ages" in that quote, which is another thing new. But the description of those sound a bit vague and prone to abuse (Heroic Age).

Wrong Civ thread

Also, Dark Ages were tried in Civ 4 development, the chunkjy physical manual that came with it had dev interviews that described how players didn't find them fun, far better was just regular state and Golden Ages.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; November 29 2017 at 04:43:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

In before someone complains about how the dark ages werent "dark" per se.

Oh wait, its me. Im the nerd.

Not played Civ 6 for a while but could be interesting. Expansion 2 is generally when they feel complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Wrong Civ thread