hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sup bitches

Hmm docking computer might be an idea. When I finally got to Jacques I'd forgotten how to dock and sailed in without authorisation then smacked the side trying to hastily turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Why did no one tell me I get to listen to classical music while docking with a docking computer you filthy bastards!!!!$@
    never used one before.

I'm hoping it plays Blue Danube, and only Blue Danube.

Anything else would just be uncivilized.
    You will not be disappointed.
    You will be when the docking computer crashes you into the station the first time
    SDC doesn't really crash you into anything anymore, unless you flying something like a type-9 or iCutter. Then again it is always fun to practice landing using an eagle FA-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Why did no one tell me I get to listen to classical music while docking with a docking computer you filthy bastards!!!!$@
    never used one before.

You will be when the docking computer crashes you into the station the first time
    SDC doesn't really crash you into anything anymore, unless you flying something like a type-9 or iCutter. Then again it is always fun to practice landing using an eagle FA-off.
    My docking computer did plow me right through some scrub that jumped in front of me and slowed down. #trainhasnobrakes

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    never used one before.

I played the first few weeks with that rotation correction setting off by mistake. Made early docking attempts really interesting.

docking computer? weird things. My way of docking when I last played consisted of drifting through the gate at high speed in silent mode, with everything turned off and then very quickly boot everything up, hitting the breaks, getting a landingspot and land before the security realize i was there.

Smuggling in my adder was fun.
    maybe I should reinstall?

I did faceplant into a hauler once. it hurt.

universal events are for people with means and that makes me sad

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    You mean the community goal towards colonia (and now the settlement)? Well, you don't need that much to grab a ship with a decent range to go there. Although returning from the center myself, it's quite a long trip.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You mean the community goal towards colonia (and now the settlement)? Well, you don't need that much to grab a ship with a decent range to go there. Although returning from the center myself, it's quite a long trip.
    That maia thing, I flopped my happy ass down there to see what I could do and received a "don't bring anything shit teir newscrub" shillacking.

That maia thing, I flopped my happy ass down there to see what I could do and received a "don't bring anything shit teir newscrub" shillacking.
    From players? Just play in solo. No reason you can't get involved. Open play is pretty cancerous in this game.

My white conda now has blue pewpew lasers and minigun tracers.

Steve Jobs would be proud.

iConda

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    From players? Just play in solo. No reason you can't get involved. Open play is pretty cancerous in this game.
    New player wants to participate in community goal.

Go play solo.

Game working as intended..

Yeah it's not ideal, but solo/open makes zero difference to being able to participate. I play mostly in solo and I've made a mint out of CGs.

CGs draw the worst of the lolgankers so open play often becomes a clusterfuck, which is lame when you just want to be truckin'. Some risk is fine, but dodging CMDR LOL420NOSCOPE with his heat meta Clipper gets old real fast. Shame really, as there are a few decent pirates out there - they're just outnumbered by asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Yeah it's not ideal, but solo/open makes zero difference to being able to participate. I play mostly in solo and I've made a mint out of CGs.

CGs draw the worst of the lolgankers so open play often becomes a clusterfuck, which is lame when you just want to be truckin'. Some risk is fine, but dodging CMDR LOL420NOSCOPE with his heat meta Clipper gets old real fast. Shame really, as there are a few decent pirates out there - they're just outnumbered by asshats.
    My introduction to the game was me flying around familiarizing myself with joystick buttons and game commands then being pulled out of frameshift drive and one shotted in my free noob ship. The idea that the community is cancer is kinda obvious at that point.

Oh and I got a half good fit vulture now, my life may never be the same.

Major part of elite is figuring out how to do something, rather than the actual doing of it. And while being rich is nice and convenient, I wish my viper was still all i had (and it was the best and fastest fighting ship around, rip 500ms boost, almost hit scan cannons and high rof dumbfire racks.)

/oldmanramble
    Last edited by Torashuu; November 15 2016 at 05:46:19 AM.