hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sup bitches

Sup bitches

Bought this game 3 weeks ago, got around to trying it 1 week ago roughly the same time I learned my joystick didn't work. Bought a new joystick and am now about to give this game a go. Any good/bad advice?

Do not undock without enough funds to cover insurance. Cargo cannot be insured.

Have fun and enjoy doing missions and getting into your role. Dont focus on getting lots of cash and the best $/hour. Thats all.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Have fun and enjoy doing missions and getting into your role. Dont focus on getting lots of cash and the best $/hour. Thats all.
    Step 1.5 is getting everything hunky-dory with my T16000 joystick and TWCS throttle thingies then remembering what does what.

I flew a spaceship. On the internet!

I also accidentally reversed into the station!
    Last edited by Tellenta; October 29 2016 at 04:47:18 PM.

huh, TIL: Wing members now have synced mission boards on the same station, so you all can accept the same mission.

I am become space road trucker

I am become space road miner. prospector of limpets.

Game is fun. Question is there a way to eliminate a prospector limpet that you don't need anymore? I tried shooting it but the asteroid was very protective

why would you want to remove it from a rock? Just shoot a new one on the new rock afaik. (have done mining exactly once.)

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    why would you want to remove it from a rock? Just shoot a new one on the new rock afaik. (have done mining exactly once.)
    Yeah figured it out. It didn't look like it reloaded a limpit until the other one was dismissed. I was wrongo. Mining is alright, if the area is busy you collect bounties and sweet sweet ore at the same time.

With the new ship storing & moving I am finding myself gravitate more towards EVE style asset management (Keep all the things "I might need them later") which has negatively impacted my ability to focus all funds into one ship/task. On the plus side I now can use my explorer Asp to move around and have them heavy lift my Gunship to where it needs to be rather than manually do 123254364 jumps @ 0.1 ly to get where I need to be.

No space to store engineering commodities is a giant PITA though. Also means I basically have to fit cargo rack & limpet controller on everything. *grumble gumble*

With the new ship storing & moving I am finding myself gravitate more towards EVE style asset management (Keep all the things "I might need them later") which has negatively impacted my ability to focus all funds into one ship/task. On the plus side I now can use my explorer Asp to move around and have them heavy lift my Gunship to where it needs to be rather than manually do 123254364 jumps @ 0.1 ly to get where I need to be.

No space to store engineering commodities is a giant PITA though. Also means I basically have to fit cargo rack & limpet controller on everything. *grumble gumble*
    I wouldn't want to know what the time requirement is for that.

All I have at the moment is a dedicated miner and a type 9 hauler. Running in to issues with not being able to find planetary settlements that are listed on the trade route resources. I'm going to assume I need a pimp discovery probe to locate everything in that regard. I'll put that on my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

All I have at the moment is a dedicated miner and a type 9 hauler. Running in to issues with not being able to find planetary settlements that are listed on the trade route resources. I'm going to assume I need a pimp discovery probe to locate everything in that regard. I'll put that on my bucket list.
    If you've got a type 9, getting the best survey scanner is peanuts

Running in to issues with not being able to find planetary settlements that are listed on the trade route resources. I'm going to assume I need a pimp discovery probe to locate everything in that regard. I'll put that on my bucket list.
    The Nav Beacon should always be visible. Fly to it, scan it (i.e. target and point at it for a bit) and it should upload all the system POIs to your ship. Be warned that Nav Beacons can be pirate hotspots, especially in anarchy & lower sec systems. Should be fine in solo play though bar the odd NPC.

Advanced discovery scanner is 1.5 million credits. Fit one to everything when you can afford it!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

If you've got a type 9, getting the best survey scanner is peanuts
    I meant type 6, but yeah it's pretty easy to get to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Running in to issues with not being able to find planetary settlements that are listed on the trade route resources. I'm going to assume I need a pimp discovery probe to locate everything in that regard. I'll put that on my bucket list.
    The Nav Beacon should always be visible. Fly to it, scan it (i.e. target and point at it for a bit) and it should upload all the system POIs to your ship. Be warned that Nav Beacons can be pirate hotspots, especially in anarchy & lower sec systems. Should be fine in solo play though bar the odd NPC.

Advanced discovery scanner is 1.5 million credits. Fit one to everything when you can afford it!
    Hot tip, thanks m8 I just ignored them and assumed they were pirate bait.

Why did no one tell me I get to listen to classical music while docking with a docking computer you filthy bastards!!!!$@

Why did no one tell me I get to listen to classical music while docking with a docking computer you filthy bastards!!!!$@
    never used one before.

I'm hoping it plays Blue Danube, and only Blue Danube.

Anything else would just be uncivilized.

never used one before.

You will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    never used one before.

You will not be disappointed.
    You will be when the docking computer crashes you into the station the first time