hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Guardians Trailer

Guardians Trailer

Thought it might as well get a new thread because
    a) reasons
    b) we have a dedicated subforum (for some reason) with almost no new threads ever

Here it is:

Looks cheeky, more not quite aliens. Haven't looked too closely at engineers lately but might give it another shot. Always fun flying around in spes.

So been mucking about a bit with engineers in 2.2 and I have to say its not as much as a ball-ache as it appears to get & unlock the early ones anyway. non-cargo materials also accrue quite naturally so upgrading to 3rd grade usually is pretty quick. The upgrades themselves make a fair difference, I can see the top ones being mandatory for the PvP folks. For PvE it also surely helps. Most of all, while I disliked it at the start, it is a good way to force players into all play styles to progress. So where before I would do only combat untill bored, now I learned:

1 Mining isn't so bad if done in short stints, and earns decently well
    2 I still don't know how to use limpets efficiently
    3 You can just land on a random planet and drive around your rover to find minerals, not as fast as mining though.
    4 Exploring isn't all that exciting, but having a 35ly jump range is amazing for traveling inside the bubble.
    5 being able to transfer ships, in combination with point 4, makes moving your combat shit around allot easier.
    6 gaining rank is harder, but the trick is to find two systems with no other mission targets nearby but each other.
    7 the Asp is still shit at combat
    8 Missiles really HURT now, and ruin modules on the outside of your ship (2-3 hits -> no more thrusters)
    9 An expert sidewinder will shit all over my Viper mk3. (i.e. I suck at combat)
    10 FAS is quite fragile despite 2k armor hp.
    11 Class 3 & 4 multi-cannons/auto cannons are the bomb
    12 working towards federal gunship so I can try ship launched fighters
    13 I am having fun mucking about

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Fitted my conda with fighters, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pilot that myself and leave the AI scrublord in charge of piloting the mothership. So I'll just throw the AI out to the wolves whenever I get attacked

BTW: Is multicrew a thing now? Can I take on another human player so they can fly my fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    BTW: Is multicrew a thing now? Can I take on another human player so they can fly my fighters?
    Not yet (short: n'yet).
    Hiro Cor

They do good trailers, gotta give em that. Shame the game itself is so shallow still - trailers make it look like it's all action all the time, but the reality is so far from that it's unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    They do good trailers, gotta give em that. Shame the game itself is so shallow still - trailers make it look like it's all action all the time, but the reality is so far from that it's unreal.
    I know another space game that does that

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    I know another space game that does that

Actually lol'd.

I think ED is marginally more satisfying to play though. Even Alpha clones didn't tempt me back.