hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 89 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: [DCS World] All I want for Christmas is a Viggen

[DCS World] All I want for Christmas is a Viggen

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/?lang=en

So.... $60. I've got a good stick (Saitek X52) and loved playing these things when I was a lad. Anyone got it?

Roster (sorted by TZ)

Name - TZ - Games
    dpidcoe - -7 - A10, P51
    Paradox - +0 - UH-1H, Ka-50, FC3, P-51D, A-10C
    DarkFlare - +1 - A-10, FC3
    Tordin - +1 - A-10, KA-50, UH-1H, P-51D, FC3, CA
    TZeer - +1 - A-10, FC3
    Snottus - +1 - Ka-52
    BamseTD - +1 - A-10, FC3, CA
    Torashuu - +2 - FC3
    Hels - +9 - A-10, P51
    Last edited by Hels; December 23 2016 at 04:50:21 PM.

XenosisReaper

Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog

Oh god oh man oh god, I love the A-10, may pirate it and dig out my old stick and get back here.

(if I can't find my stick is it possible to play these things without one?)

Isnt that DCS thing this nightmare simulator where you follow all procedures, a.k.a. prep your damn ride for 10 minutes before you can start the engines?

If yes, then A-10 might even be worth it, as long as the feedback on the gun is authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

Yes, and it's good although has suffered from the usual buggy release you get with most games these days. They've just patched it and things appear to have improved, however.

And there's a cheat key to automate the ramp start if you don't want to do it every damn time...

Simulation wise it has every detail covered, including overheating mavericks seeker heads if you leave them on too long and yes, the gun kickback is in there, though having never flown an A10 I couldn't tell you if it's authentic.

Donor

Like all simulator`s you have the "arcade" mode and "real" mode.

Have read a little about it and from what i understand, you can start really simple and the add more realism the more you get used to it, if you feel going that way.
    [youtube:2oi1q75r]WUu4SV3GjVw[/youtube:2oi1q75r]

Former USSR: making games that aren't shit.

In before Razor starts posting communistic propaganda about SU-24s.

EDIT: Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Draycar Hazaran
    In before Razor starts posting communistic propaganda about SU-24s.

EDIT: Lol.
    A-10 would be just slightly worse than the Froggy (which is Su-25, fuck you) without the retarded GAU-8.

Argh, trolling failure.

You are welcome :3

Just finished a whole mission without death or abject failure. The new patch has made it much more stable and the framerate has improved a lot. Also JTAC and transmitting SPI to wingmen in MP actually works now, which is neat.

Refuelling still sucks balls though, fuck that shit.

Donor
    Me and a fellow corp mate is just getting into the sim. Anyone doing multiplayer missions?

I have been with my ArmA2 lolclan, but not publicly. A safe bet is to grab Separatist's Aggression 8 ship coop, pretty open ended dynamic mission but not too many SAM threats so you can concentrate on learning to fly. Op Cherkkask is similar but much tougher.

Downside of this sim is that once you've actually learnt the ropes, there's not a lot to it - the lack of a dynamic campaign means the actual content is pretty limited.

Donor
    Have read/heard that the dynamic campaign is something they are working on in the long-run. Can only hope.

But the graphics are amazing in this sim. Looking forward to the day I can turn everything at max and still have 60fps.

Donor
    New patch is out.

A-10C 1.1.0.9 Patch Available

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77359

Someone page me when a new sim with decent dynamic campaign comes out. Doesn't have to be on Falcon 4.0 level, EE:C/H will suffice.

Keeping my eye on this one: http://www.combat-helo.co.uk/cockpit_ah64d.html

Promises dynamic campaigns. Then so did DCS, and they never delivered either.

Donor
    Having an eye on it as well. Looks promising.

But I doubt they`ll be able to release a fully dynamic campaign in the first launch.
    Last edited by TZeer; July 27 2011 at 09:55:07 AM.

Donor
    Major news for this sim lately.

- They are opening up for 3rd party developers to make modules for the sim. Already confirmed ongoing projects on the following aircrafts:

Eurofighter Typhoon
    Hawk (Training jet)
    BD-5J Microjet
    F-14D
    F-15E
    F-22A
    T-38A
    MiG-21Bis
    F/A-18 Super Hornet (No official page yet, but confirmed from the ED peeps themself.

Minimum requirement for implementing is fully clickable 3d cockpit with 6 DOF for Track IR. The fidelity will be as high as possible with the available data that`s possible to get their hands on.

- DCS: Combined Arms
    Module that is in beta atm, will be released soon, think they are talking about this month. Will let you move and command ground unit`s in real-time on the map.

DCS: Combined Arms gives you control of ground forces during the battle. Use the strategic Command Map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and designate targets for close air support aircraft, or directly control an armor vehicle or air defense weapons and engage enemy forces.

DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer gameplay. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle. All roles can be changed dynamically during the battle.

1st Person Unit Command

For those that want to participate in the ground battles from a 1st person point of view, players can select most friendly ground units (most armor and visually guided air defense systems) from the Command Map, press the Command Unit button, and occupy that unit in the 3D world. Tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel carriers, anti-aircraft artillery, and short-range SAMs can all be controlled. Many vehicles have multiple types of weapons like machine guns, main tank guns, and anti-tank guided missiles; all of which can be controlled.

When in a 1st person command view, the player can also order the other ground units in their group to specific locations.

my friend who is in the army tried to get me to play this. thing a, check, thing b, check, thing c, check, thing d, check, thing e... where is buttan.

a cool game, but fuck.