hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 438390919293
Results 1,841 to 1,856 of 1856

Thread: [DCS World] All I want for Christmas is a Hornet

Welp, tomorrow it is, mentlegen!

Hopefully my TrackIR arrives in time for release, got a Red Bull ready to go and no plans, whatsoever until Friday!

Long time ago, I made a livery for the A-10C for myself, need to get Photoshop again to do the F-15C and make a Hornet livery too..

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Welp, tomorrow it is, mentlegen!

Hopefully my TrackIR arrives in time for release, got a Red Bull ready to go and no plans, whatsoever until Friday!

Long time ago, I made a livery for the A-10C for myself, need to get Photoshop again to do the F-15C and make a Hornet livery too..
    That's a nice livery!

I also got the F-18C and the PG map, but unfortunately trying to play multiplayer on the PG map kills my system and I always get disconnected back to main menu. I don't know why, but the PG map eats up all 16gig of my RAM.

Hopefully they fix it, or there is a work around.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    happy hornet day faggits

should be up in the next hour, changelog is out
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

1. Buy Normandie map and Spitfire
    2. Plan on buying Persian Gulf map and Hornet
    3. Plug in Warthog HOTAS and discover that the throttle is le dead (green light comes on for a brief period then goes away, windows doesn't recognize it)
    4. FML

Installed warthog drivers? I had a similar issue with hog and MFDs cos they needed more power than Windoze was willing to give or some technical stuff like that. Installing TM drivers and a Win 10 fix for USB power issues worked.

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Installed warthog drivers? I had a similar issue with hog and MFDs cos they needed more power than Windoze was willing to give or some technical stuff like that. Installing TM drivers and a Win 10 fix for USB power issues worked.
    Re-installed the Warthog drivers, but neither the installation wizard nor T.A.R.G.E.T recognizes the throttle. Flashes green for a split second, then it's gone. As for USB, I've disabled power management on the root hubs, are there any other fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Re-installed the Warthog drivers, but neither the installation wizard nor T.A.R.G.E.T recognizes the throttle. Flashes green for a split second, then it's gone. As for USB, I've disabled power management on the root hubs, are there any other fixes?
    I literally just had this happen. Your main PCB is toast, you either need to fix it if you're wired that way, or get a replacement off THrustmaster support. Took me all of a week. Replacement is an easy process. Sorry bud.

Blah.. thanks for the tip, will contact them.

In other news, the Hornet is awesome

Edit - Even more rewarding than landing the Harrier. Also, better, because you can take a full loadout off the Stennis and still get airborne <3 Catapults.
    Last edited by Izo Azlion; June 7 2018 at 06:12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post

Edit - Even more rewarding than landing the Harrier. Also, better, because you can take a full loadout off the Stennis and still get airborne <3 Catapults.
    I like the Hornet, as it's a super simple aircraft to fly. The MFD's are awesome too, but can be a bit confusing to start with.

But I still have 2 issues with the Hornet vs my usual J-11A or SU-27.

1) A lot of functions are locked until your gear is retracted, ie in the air and flying. Like the Countermeasure programs are locked and you can't have access to them to change the programs until your in the sky. I'd much rather program all that stuff while on the ground, then fly when everything is sorted.

2) It's very limited load out. Sure this will be fixed in the future, but in the future we will have other toys to play with. Atm, the only thing the Hornet has going for it over the SU-27 is carrier capability and A2A refueling. And with the current maps, even those aren't necessary. So, I guess everything the Hornet can do, the SU-33 can do better. For now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbeast View Post

I like the Hornet, as it's a super simple aircraft to fly. The MFD's are awesome too, but can be a bit confusing to start with.

But I still have 2 issues with the Hornet vs my usual J-11A or SU-27.

1) A lot of functions are locked until your gear is retracted, ie in the air and flying. Like the Countermeasure programs are locked and you can't have access to them to change the programs until your in the sky. I'd much rather program all that stuff while on the ground, then fly when everything is sorted.

2) It's very limited load out. Sure this will be fixed in the future, but in the future we will have other toys to play with. Atm, the only thing the Hornet has going for it over the SU-27 is carrier capability and A2A refueling. And with the current maps, even those aren't necessary. So, I guess everything the Hornet can do, the SU-33 can do better. For now at least.
    While I agree, the FC3 aircraft are absolutely uninspiring to me. I have the F15 and Su-27/33 but no real interest in using them. The loadout is limited but it's only been out a week. There is a mod somewhere so you can edit your countermeasure programs before you even go flying, saving you doing it every time.

Chucks F18 guide is out.

This is the first aircraft that can basically do it all. Really looking forward to all the extra stuff still to come.

http://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/u...rnet-Guide.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    I literally just had this happen. Your main PCB is toast, you either need to fix it if you're wired that way, or get a replacement off THrustmaster support. Took me all of a week. Replacement is an easy process. Sorry bud.
    Yeah; got the replacement today, and that worked wonders. Switched the PCB and voila, it works. Now dowloading..

A Czech madman running DCS with a real MiG-21:

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

That's just bonkers.

So he's managing to get the airframe avionics / systems etc to sync with the ingame equivalent ????

ninjaedit: so looks like from his youtube channel he's done this before with other realworld cockpits etc... MADNESS

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    That's just bonkers.

So he's managing to get the airframe avionics / systems etc to sync with the ingame equivalent ????

ninjaedit: so looks like from his youtube channel he's done this before with other realworld cockpits etc... MADNESS
    he just need to put it on a set of hydraulic actuators and a dome of monitors and he's good to go lol.