hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1944

Thread: [DCS World] All I want for Christmas is a Hornet

Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Finally, an actual guide to Combined Arms. Chuck full of history, doctrine, and capabilities.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Bring on 2021. Looking forward to the Mossie

DCS: Apache will be quite something... when it arrives in a couple years. Also Wags has been teasing the new cloud engine in the latest Hornet functionality vids, it looks amazing.

They had a decent sale/free trial period over xmas too. Anyone get any new airframes?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiDoh View Post

Bring on 2021. Looking forward to the Mossie
    Does it really look like that? Last time I tried to play this it looked pretty terrible and performance was a dumpster fire.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Nope, it's a mess of unfinished modules that get nowhere in reasonable timeframe because only creating new early access ones give them sales. Only exception being Leatherneck/Heatblur modules and ones that are already decade old like A-10C and Black Shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Does it really look like that? Last time I tried to play this it looked pretty terrible and performance was a dumpster fire.
    Only thing not current in that video is the cloud engine, which is set to land early this year (hence it being in the videos). Performance is dependent on your system, but I don't have any issues.

The 'unfinished module' whine misses the mark by a mile. They're a niche business in a niche market, so needing sales to survive is hardly shocking, and if they didn't take the early access route we'd be waiting 3-4 years between modules and they'd lose a ton of funding. As it is, they've nearly doubled their size (iirc) over the last year and development is visibly improving. All in all, now is a great time to get into DCS.
    Last edited by Saul; January 19 2021 at 06:17:46 PM.

Meanwhile, I left my HOTAS behind with my steering wheel and other controllers when I moved countries. Tried shopping for one but there's no stock. Guess I'll be asking my friend to make another package and ship it over

Meanwhile, I left my HOTAS behind with my steering wheel and other controllers when I moved countries. Tried shopping for one but there's no stock. Guess I'll be asking my friend to make another package and ship it over
    Definitely the better option. Between covid, MSFS2020 etc. decent hotas kit is really hard to find at a sensible price. I've seen Warthogs going for almost the full price of a Virpil setup, which is fucking crazy (fuck scalpers).

Just started playing a bit again, this time getting to know the Viper, still missing a decent amount of training missions, but if you're familiar with the Warthog and the Hornet, you should be fine.

Speaking of HOTAS, WinWing should be launching a new range after the Chinese New Year, which looks like a slimmed down version of their Super Taurus throttle-box and Super Libra stick (All modeled after F/A-18 stuff).
    Price could be about half of the TMW @ 300-350 USD, but nothing official about it yet.

I'm looking at this with much interest, seeing as my X52 Pro is about 8 years old soon, and I need more buttons and switches... But price is kinda crucial these days and I can't really dish out the +1k USD for the full Super Taurus/Libra set.

Facebook post about it here, but if you don't want to go and give data to Mr Zuckerberg, pics are in the spoiler =)
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Just started playing a bit again, this time getting to know the Viper, still missing a decent amount of training missions, but if you're familiar with the Warthog and the Hornet, you should be fine.

Speaking of HOTAS, WinWing should be launching a new range after the Chinese New Year, which looks like a slimmed down version of their Super Taurus throttle-box and Super Libra stick (All modeled after F/A-18 stuff).
    Price could be about half of the TMW @ 300-350 USD, but nothing official about it yet.

I'm looking at this with much interest, seeing as my X52 Pro is about 8 years old soon, and I need more buttons and switches... But price is kinda crucial these days and I can't really dish out the +1k USD for the full Super Taurus/Libra set.

Facebook post about it here, but if you don't want to go and give data to Mr Zuckerberg, pics are in the spoiler =)
      Spoiler:

Looks nice, but iirc Winwing had some quality issues on the larger F18 hotas/panels set that took some of the shine off the nice new hotas manufacturer. Any hardware can suffer from production issues so might not be a dealbreaker - Virpil and VKB both have their issues as well, from time to time, and they're arguably the two highest-end manufacturers for HOTAS right now.

This time last year I made the same call and went with Virpil (grip/base/throttle/pedals). Adore all of it, zero issues, outstanding quality.

Yeah, I haven't seen much from WW, since the initial "pre-production" sets were sent out to different youtubers, which all agreed with your statement. But shit's been hard to get hands on due to their really small size and production capability so not a lot of them out there in the wild. Seem to be decent shit, according to the hotas subreddit at least, but more manufacturers are never a bad thing, imo. Especially if they can get the prices down from the 1k USD stuff, which most of the sticks and throttles seem to sit at currently.

I am still miffed that my Saitek X55 Rhinos are not supported out of the box by MS Flight Sim 2020.

Or anyone for that matter.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Yeah, I haven't seen much from WW, since the initial "pre-production" sets were sent out to different youtubers, which all agreed with your statement. But shit's been hard to get hands on due to their really small size and production capability so not a lot of them out there in the wild. Seem to be decent shit, according to the hotas subreddit at least, but more manufacturers are never a bad thing, imo. Especially if they can get the prices down from the 1k USD stuff, which most of the sticks and throttles seem to sit at currently.
    VKB are supposedly coming out with a multi-version throttle which will start at a couple hundred bucks for the basic level variant some time this year, there were some pics on the hotas subreddit recently. Might be worth a look if it ever releases. https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comme...ty_full_ahead/

If you're learning the viper (or any other aircraft), I help run a very chill community that teaches DCS. Drop me a DM if you want an inv, we've got mentors for general shit and instructor-led programs, training servers etc. Same goes for anyone else here.

EDIT: Also, clouds estimated for end March.
    Last edited by Saul; February 19 2021 at 11:12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Definitely the better option. Between covid, MSFS2020 etc. decent hotas kit is really hard to find at a sensible price. I've seen Warthogs going for almost the full price of a Virpil setup, which is fucking crazy (fuck scalpers).
    Managed to locally secure another HOTAS which incidentally is the same I already owned (past tense because my friend apparently sold it considering it "free stuff" because I didn't mention anything about it lel) for a steal (54ish). Good as new, just without a box. Works like a charm.

Time to install this and see what's what.

PS: missed out on a used modded (extra dials/button panel with extra axis and what not) Warthog for 270 and I'm still kicking myself for that but it sold the same day I called the dude

Managed to locally secure another HOTAS which incidentally is the same I already owned (past tense because my friend apparently sold it considering it "free stuff" because I didn't mention anything about it lel) for a steal (54ish). Good as new, just without a box. Works like a charm.

PS: missed out on a used modded (extra dials/button panel with extra axis and what not) Warthog for 270 and I'm still kicking myself for that but it sold the same day I called the dude
    I would sell you my warthog for that much.

I bought it from Tordin years ago, (he would get first refusal) and apart from pulling it out of the box to show off to mates. I don't use it. I'm west wales UK.

Sent you a PM

Nice, shout if you want folks to fly with.

Much *hnnngh* to be had, particularly the dogfight. When Wags comments on the video, the guy making it has done something right.

Holy shit, that's amazingly well made.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Holy shit, that's amazingly well made.
    Yeah, he has some good stuff. The F-14 tribute is pretty amazing as well.