hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratz @tusker for winning the AT!

The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by Koz Katral View Post
    Congrats to Tuskers, we knew they were likely to be probably the strongest team going in and they played really well. We got out picked in the last match and that's just the way it goes, I don't think anyone can dispute both teams earned their place in the final through sweat, internet blood and boundry violations fair and square.

I do feel like this was honestly PL's strongest team for years, with some top decision making and beating all the teams that made it to the last 4 even with the high profile boundary violations. Its super heartbreaking to be left with the 'What If' of the third match, I imagine for both sides honestly. The PL team will always wonder if they were denied the win, and the Tuskers team will have to deal with the accusation that they 'Won because of DC's.

My heart says we would have won match 3 but obviously I'm biased. My head doesn't know either way but I definitely feel the DC's hit us harder than they hit Tuskers (scimi)
    Thanks for the kind words. Honestly, I feel that the PL team this year was much stronger than previous years, with much less mistakes in terms of execution. Honestly, it felt like fighting Warlords all over again.

On the 3rd match, I think we (Tuskers) were slightly ahead at the point the issue occurred - your Scimitar had to ran into us to save your tackle, so it was right on top of Arty Sleipnirs. Unless if you manage to drop the Kitsune immediately afterwards, I think you would have struggled to tackle & kill two Sleipnirs whilst losing locks, whilst being fired upon by our entire comp. Hunting down Orthrii is also never fun and it would have been a real struggle IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz Katral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    On the matter of hydramel being the best last year, they somewhat won this AT from the grave too. That double sleip orthrus comp, i think ive seen that somewhere before - oh yes that was hydras comp last year. Beating pl 1 year later on.
    Hydra's influence on this AT ran pretty deep, with ex Hydramel pilots spread across multiple very competitive teams basically everyone had some insight into their lineup and strategies from last year. Whilst it was a boon for some (NC benefited massively this year with their new tournament pickups), It didn't pay off for everyone (Lumpy).
    I think this is a pretty big factor - NC. suddenly got much better this year as did a few other teams. For info, I got some ridicule about not aggressively head hunting the ex-Camel / Hydra guys as we ended up with none.

Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    Congratulations Tuskers, I was rooting for you.

And @Suleiman: You keeping that flagship alive for more than five minutes in the semi finals was one of the key points that made you win the whole show. Most awesome 'I can tank that' moment in like forever. Well fucking done.
    Thanks man. Honestly I didn't believe I could survive when I asked how many minutes were left in the match and the reply back was "It's not even been 5 minutes yet". Was pretty tight and really GF to Volta - they pressed us very, very hard.

Must say the meta this year made for excellent entertainment. Multiple viable strategies and no 'easy' setups made for a whole bunch of close matches where it was too close to call until the last couple of minutes. I doff my cap to Fozzie on that one.

Congratulations Tuskers! I was hoping that PL went all-in on the last match with some crazy RSI-Flagship+support combo that would have been legit but given the connections issues experienced in match 3 i can't blame them for playing it a bit more safe :/
    Last edited by Artjay; October 17 2016 at 12:41:06 AM.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

That was some crazy stuff. GJ Tuskers.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Incredible scenes! Massive congrats to Tuskers.
    Weren't you on the team m8?

oh.....

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaHavoc View Post
    I mean, is it really a win?
    There's no winning in eve online merely different shades of fools

Also top bants by smuggo on this page.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

gutted for PL, know how much time goes into AT prep so to have that situation mess with a match blows. still i'm a tusker, so we would have fuck punched you to victory eventually anyway <3

yes, i can read the previous posts in this thread. god why did i unblock you?

really makes you think.

:thinking:

Did CCP admit on stream that the DC was server side? I did not hear it, but some people claim they did.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    :thinking:

Did CCP admit on stream that the DC was server side? I did not hear it, but some people claim they did.
    IIRC, no. It was essentially "if stuff happens, it happens. This is why it's in the rules."
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

AMA from Tuskers Team Captain: Suleiman Shouaa
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...r_the_tuskers/

So what did people win this year?

Massive congrats to Sulei, pity I don't play as much as I used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal View Post
    Blood Raider SKINs, PLEX, an AT prize logistics cruiser that's like an armor Etana but with Blood Raider neut/nos abilities (future tinker core?) and an AT prize covert ops ships that's... weird.

What's going on with those SKINs BTW? AFAIK you can apply the Sansha one to any Sansha hull but this year there's like 6 different victory skins in the TQ database.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal View Post
    Blood Raider SKINs, PLEX, an AT prize logistics cruiser that's like an armor Etana but with Blood Raider neut/nos abilities (future tinker core?) and an AT prize covert ops ships that's... weird.
    The pirate armor logi cruiser is going to be interesting. Consider how powerful the Etana is, then consider that armor cruisers are even more survivable. The only reason we don't see more Etanas from rich teams is because they aren't good at kiting and the Scimi is. But armor is a whole other kettle of fish...
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    On the 3rd match, I think we (Tuskers) were slightly ahead at the point the issue occurred - your Scimitar had to ran into us to save your tackle, so it was right on top of Arty Sleipnirs. Unless if you manage to drop the Kitsune immediately afterwards, I think you would have struggled to tackle & kill two Sleipnirs whilst losing locks, whilst being fired upon by our entire comp. Hunting down Orthrii is also never fun and it would have been a real struggle IMO.
    For some perspective, here is PL point of view:

We are not in a full counter to their team but basically there was no way we can lose. You kill scimi + sleip + sleip and wreck face from there. [...] I mean I don't know how not to sound salty as hell but we legit should have won the tournament right then and there .
    Here is the full writeup.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    For some perspective, here is PL point of view:

We are not in a full counter to their team but basically there was no way we can lose. You kill scimi + sleip + sleip and wreck face from there. [...] I mean I don't know how not to sound salty as hell but we legit should have won the tournament right then and there .
    Here is the full writeup.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious that there are some major differences between us and them in terms of testing results for matchups like that, and on a few other tactical/strategic/theorycrafting points as well.

Well, seeing as that sleipnir clicked his mods in the finals youd expect so... .

Also on the AT ships should be allowed due to OP and having to have them and the people claiming they didnt matter so much and werent needed, let me quote that reddit ama for you:

Not much here simple mirror but we had the malice advantage so we won.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Match 2 was a massive misplay on our part and the loss is ultimately our fault.

We were essentially looking for a mirror-match there and had thus had discussed banning the Malice. IIRC Sulei agreed, but then went off to take care of one of the other 100 logistical things he had to worry about. Shortly after that, we rushed to do bans and given very little time by CCP to get people into ships. At the same time, I had technical issues with my headset, and had no opportunity to give any input during the ban procedure. As a result, Malice was left unbanned, and we had no Amarr jammers on our Blackbirds. Might sound like an amateurish set of mistakes, but when you're being told by CCP that you're being teleported in <5 minutes when you haven't even decided who is flying what ship, it's something that can easily happen.

Yeah, the last day matches are stressfull. Especially for people in charge. Respect to them.