hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasteland 3 (million bux)

Wasteland 3 (million bux)

It's been two weeks, what the fuck FHC?
    https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/28/inx...s-wasteland-3/

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    So... there's a wasteland 3 that they are trying to crowdfund for apparently

FIRST 48 HOURS ONLY: All backers of Wasteland 3 ($20 or more) will receive a FREE copy of either the old-school turn-based post-apocalyptic cRPG UnderRail or the point-and-click horror adventure game STASIS. Steam Keys will be distributed after the Wasteland 3 campaign has concluded.

WHAT'S WASTELAND 3?

From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes Wasteland 3! Following the critically acclaimed releases of 2014's Wasteland 2 and 2015's Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, fans have been clamoring for a direct sequel. Now we can bring it to you, with your help!

A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
    By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2's deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
    Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
    Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
    The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
    Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
    Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
    http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/10/eq...-2-75-million/
    Last edited by RazoR; October 26 2016 at 12:11:51 PM.

If it looks that good, I'm sold. Wasteland 2 was cool but, if they get the voice acting/story/animation stuff that good, and the gameplay kinda anywhere close to as pretty as that, I'm in.

I am playing W2DC now after abandoning the early release build somewhere in the first half of Cali when i was getting my ass handed to me and the biggest gripe is having to either eat bullets with faces the first turn or fiddle with positioning on tiny maps in real time hoping your dudes will slide where you want them when it transitions into turn-based.
    Also XCOMish cover system.

If they deliver this...

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    While I can't disagree about the terribleness of a certain Russian, that's the wasteland 2 thread. Perfectly acceptable to have a new one for the sequel.

Well It didnt exactly generate HUGE interest when I mentioned it in the wasteland 2 thread.

Lets put it this way: I backed pillars of eternity, wasteland 2 and torment. I am happy I did, because they all are/appear to be games I will love, but I am halfway my first playthrough of pillars, only finished the first area of wasteland 2 and torment is not even done yet. While i dont mind there being a wasteland 3, and i love what inXile is doing, between them and obsidian (upcoming tyrant, and bards tale as well) there are more crpgs than I will get through in the coming decade, if not my lifetime.

Tl;dr I wish I was still a college student.
    Last edited by Torashuu; October 12 2016 at 10:14:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Tl;dr I wish I was unemployed.
    fyp

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Lets put it this way: I backed pillars of eternity, wasteland 2 and torment. I am happy I did, because they all are/appear to be games I will love, but I am halfway my first playthrough of pillars, only finished the first area of wasteland 2 and torment is not even done yet. While i dont mind there being a wasteland 3, and i love what inXile is doing, between them and obsidian (upcoming tyrant, and bards tale as well) there are more crpgs than I will get through in the coming decade, if not my lifetime.

Tl;dr I wish I was still a college student.
    Heh, I'm in a similar position with Wasteland 2. I liked it but the early game is proper hard.

Also Pillars I fucking love but haven't played much of the second expansion, should get back on it and tie up all the loose ends really.

Torment I played a few hours of beta but left it at that as I don't want to spoil too much, though TBH I think it'll be one I get through quickest as I have played the Numenera PnP RPG a lot and really love the whole setting.

The pillars DLCs were way better IMO than the base game, really hoping Tyranny shares that quality.

WL2 has a quite solid earlygame, but the california stuff was so buggy that it kinda ruined much of it. should probably give the DC a try...

50K short of 3 mils.

Also, Q4 2019? Even if there are no delays it has to be the greatest game ever produced, which it does sound like but i'm on the fence about WL2 combat mechanics and skill system.

Pillars was very cool, im glad I played it. When I finished it at 'only' 40 hours or w/e for the base game I realized how spoiled I've been using games like witcher 3 and skyrim as my standard for how many hours of fun a game should provide now

Looking forward to tyrant, I hope the gameplay itself is good as most the selling points for the game are the unique story perspective as the bad guy. I think the steam page lists that twice for the game as a feature worded differently

Wasteland 3 should be cool too, but 2019 is a long way off

IT'S ALIIIVE!

I remember second half of wasteland 2 being completely broken/unplayable a while past release, and that you later had to restart gaem to play the patched version where quests actually worked etc.

Who in their right mind would back this sort of shit on kickstarter

Heh, remember Fallout 2? Where saves corrupted themselves? Items disappeared? Or even better your entire car with whatever was in trunk? Still it's a classic. And this looks like the closest thing to it since Van Buren leaks. Depends on what you can tolerate, I'll gladly buy it, even if it means waiting 6 months for patches.
    Last edited by rufuske; August 19 2019 at 01:26:09 PM.

Cause it was still fucking great anyway and they kept supporting it until the end?

Also now they dont have to worry about the business side of things as much anymore which should help a ton.

I got bent over in wasteland 2 on release upon arriving to cali because i didn't have enough anti-robot stuff, not due to gamebreaking bugs. Sure it was messy at first because lolunity but Director's Cut rectified all of the problems.
    Unity is now in a much better place and inXile are a good crew so this is my #2 after kurwapunk. I like how they take only the good stuff from xcom playbook while basing the rest on fallout and ja2 school of rpg/tactics.
    Last edited by RazoR; August 20 2019 at 02:58:16 AM.

Wasteland 2 was crowdfunded because studio had previously only made absolute shit and had no money, ok. Turned out to eventually be a reasonable game even being released in a bad state.

In September 2016, Fargo stated that inXile had earned $12 million from sales of the game.
    So then came Torment, picks up awards, sells like shit off a shovel presumably, "Best-selling" game of the year 2017 at one awards. Granted this came after the W3 funding drive.

Why, why are these cunts still crowdfunding for a sequel?
    Last edited by Skeptic; August 22 2019 at 09:08:14 AM.

Who cares as long as the game is gud?

Also wasn't W2 the first inXile game?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Wasteland 2 was crowdfunded because studio had previously only made absolute shit and had no money, ok. Turned out to eventually be a reasonable game even being released in a bad state.

In September 2016, Fargo stated that inXile had earned $12 million from sales of the game.
    So then came Torment, picks up awards, sells like shit off a shovel presumably, "Best-selling" game of the year 2017 at one awards. Granted this came after the W3 funding drive.

Why, why are these cunts still crowdfunding for a sequel?
    1) A studio still need a certain amount of ensured upfront funding.

2) Looking around the publisher (which typically do the funding) scene, there are many a studio might not work with in fear of their game turned into some loot box fest after release or other generally shitty/shady business practices. Crowdfunding releives a studio from that, along them to develop their game the way they intended it to be.

So I can very well understand the (still) crowdfunding approach. Also - "earned $12 million" doesn't make it clear if that's pure profit after every expense deducted. Or if this is just gross sales.