hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alliance Tournament XIV - Day 3

Alliance Tournament XIV - Day 3

We're now down to the last 24 teams:

The first 8 matches are in the lower bracket, with the last 4 being the upper bracket matches. We're in the stage of the tournament where every match has the potential to be an amazing match.

My predictions:

HK
    Complaints
    ABA
    LUMPY
    KICK
    VYDRA
    TC
    Brave
    NC.
    Volta
    Exodus
    Tuskers
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

This AT is a bit like the AT where volta won (i think, or the triple vargur teams whos name ive forgotten), if the top 2 (or 1) team is missing it takes a bit of the fun out of it . I just want to see a exodus or tusker vs PL match to see if Pl got last years title by sheer luck of being the last to face hydramel or if they are actually any good. (if you dont know what im talking about, last year the top 2 teams got dqed leaving pl, exodus, tusker and nulli (or someone else cant remember) as the top 4 with pl being crowned the victor - but of those only the 4th place actually met pl in the field, all the others never competed against each other and were all kicked out by hydramel, but due to how the brackets worked pl got kicked out last).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

GODDAMN LUMPY

what a match

well shit

fail predictions lol

I had 2b riding on The Culture. They failed me despite fielding the best pilot in Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    I had 2b riding on The Culture. They failed me despite fielding the best pilot in Eve
    Wasn't in logi tho so perfectly logical

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    Mistakes were made:

1. We were running a comp that we'd never practiced with because "max links".

2. We didn't have link pilots, so I was thrown into a dps/link ship (which I'd never practiced with - I'd practiced vindi etc etc, but I was 100% the logi pilot)

3. We originally wanted the HFIs to be BNIs, which got banned. Last minute we threw together the HFIs which were bleh, rather than going with an established comp instead.

4. I fucked up colossally with the MJD ><

RIP us.

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

sounds like poor tourney prep. lessons learnt and better luck next time o7

In Lords and trump we trust

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    We actually prepped pretty hard, and had stuff pretty well planned out ahead of time with plenty of comps and backups planned and ready.

No idea why we flew absolutely random comps we didn't practice with (technically we did have the rush comp at least sorta tested and typed out to be fair) last 2 matches.

We definitely should've gone much further, but shit happens and mistakes were made.

I'm not going to shit up things publically with things I mentioned ahead of time, we'll go much further next year I think.

that PL vs NC match makes me wonder how it would look like if hydra and camel went all out against eachother last year

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

HOLY SHIT EXODUS

THIS DAY

NEED MORE OF THIS IN MY LIFE CCP

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    In Lords and trump we trust
    Grab them by the purifier

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    We actually prepped pretty hard, and had stuff pretty well planned out ahead of time with plenty of comps and backups planned and ready.

No idea why we flew absolutely random comps we didn't practice with (technically we did have the rush comp at least sorta tested and typed out to be fair) last 2 matches.

We definitely should've gone much further, but shit happens and mistakes were made.

I'm not going to shit up things publically with things I mentioned ahead of time, we'll go much further next year I think.
    didn't say you haven't prepped hard, i said you didn't prep well. at least i don't see how you can have if it falls apart at the fundamental 'what shall we fly?' stage.

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post

didn't say you haven't prepped hard, i said you didn't prep well. at least i don't see how you can have if it falls apart at the fundamental 'what shall we fly?' stage.
    I'd be happy to explain what happened (at least from my perspective) off record. Sadly, that's not really doable over the interwebs - but I'll be at Eve Vegas if you or anyone is around there. vOv

if it's anything like our first AT run (tuskers), we got ourselves into trouble totally overthinking things once we got to the 'good' opposition. the whole "they banned 'x' to make us take 'y', the counter to 'y' is 'z' and they're a good team so maybe they're really expecting 'z' so we will take 'j'!" double guessing clusterfuck. with experience i guess teams learn to rely more on their own strengths than necessarily counter their opponents.

btw i have nothing to do with the current run, barely log in. so it's not like i'm in touch with the 'meta' or have a valid opinion on anything :P

:vagabond rush:

losing an etana and boundarying all in a single series, welp