hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alliance Tournament XIV - Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    i saw ry ry today in the AT stream
    ryturn?
    well in the chat i mean, not the actual stream

I also saw some idiot whos twitch name ended with m8 .
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    :nonshocker:

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    :nonshocker:
    why would they not use their most top tier pilot?
    Or any kind of comp that could conceivably win a match?

No, what we should do is run people with level 4 skills because we want to give them "a chance to fly" and bring a comp that loses to literally any comp flown with even the tiniest bit of skill.

This is a great idea.

Spoiler:

ofc, we didn't want to win any way...

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Remember when 20k+ people watched these streams and they were professionally produced?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Remember when 20k+ people watched these streams and they were professionally produced?

Well since it was the first weekend and there wasn't even an official CCP production, I don't think anyone is losing any sleep. The first weekend tends to have a lot of blow-out matches, so interest is lower than the latter weekends where you're looking at a small pool of top-tier teams.

That said, EVE_NT did a fantastic job with their broadcast.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaHavoc View Post
    Why CCP tries to hype up their AT, and then doesn't broadcast the first matches, will never make sense.
    Was broadcasted, quality was really good, conversation flow was really good, number of dumb jokes that got tons of air silence was really low.

At one point it was the 6th most watched stream on twitch....

Then they had the shitty punk music break and lost 1k viewers instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    What do you say, Grath? If I private message you some information about my family and me, would you become my spokesperson in confirming I'm telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post

Well since it was the first weekend and there wasn't even an official CCP production, I don't think anyone is losing any sleep. The first weekend tends to have a lot of blow-out matches, so interest is lower than the latter weekends where you're looking at a small pool of top-tier teams.

That said, EVE_NT did a fantastic job with their broadcast.
    +1

Yeah, amazing job by the NT crew. Was on par (if not better) with the ccp production of previous ATs.

IMO CCP should just farm it out to them, they're way better at picking/getting decent comentators than CCP has ever been, and then they could just have some canned dev interviews in the breaks when they want to leak some info.

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Why CCP tries to hype up their AT, and then doesn't broadcast the first matches, will never make sense.
    Was broadcasted, quality was really good, conversation flow was really good, number of dumb jokes that got tons of air silence was really low.

At one point it was the 6th most watched stream on twitch....

Yah tbh the broadcast ended up being really good. Still a bit sad that CCP themselves aren't actually 'hosting' the tournament, but all-in-all the NT crew (which has all the good AT announcers anyways) did a great job. Maybe get rid of a few of the less known, less 'eve-smart' commentators, but that's my only gripe.
    Hi

Poor Apothne, the lightning/camera position was so mean to him in those broadcasts, made him look quite bad.

Ha yeah mistakes were made. Was super fun to produce and super tiring. I can't watch it back without thinking of ways we could improve it. I learnt that directing is much like FC'ing and that attempting 18 hours of that in one weekend was maybe a little over ambitious for an amateur production

The response was great tho and definitely encouragement to try something like this again in the future. Hopefully it encourages CCP to up their game, I'm really looking forward to being a viewer this weekend
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Isn't he like, quite ill?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
    Isn't he like, quite ill?
    Zarvox?
    really makes you think

Noes Apothne. Zarvox just needs a ham sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    Ha yeah mistakes were made. Was super fun to produce and super tiring. I can't watch it back without thinking of ways we could improve it. I learnt that directing is much like FC'ing and that attempting 18 hours of that in one weekend was maybe a little over ambitious for an amateur production

The response was great tho and definitely encouragement to try something like this again in the future. Hopefully it encourages CCP to up their game, I'm really looking forward to being a viewer this weekend

Other than that music break you guys were outstanding through all of it.

The enitre tournament should take place on a test server where everyone gets every ship/implants/ammo/mod etc and everyone has all V. Not on tq where half the matches are decided by isk (and sp but sp are isk).
    Also sure am glad you're not in charge of anything, building a dynasty takes work, you would give literally no rewards to teams doing it.
    Last edited by Grath; October 9 2016 at 08:08:17 PM.
    What do you say, Grath? If I private message you some information about my family and me, would you become my spokesperson in confirming I'm telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post

Other than that music break you guys were outstanding through all of it.
    That music break was great (as was the rest of EVE NT's streaming): some death/trash metal (I don't think it qualified as "Punk", as someone stated here.) followed by Rick Astely. Loved that :rickrolled: prank!

The enitre tournament should take place on a test server where everyone gets every ship/implants/ammo/mod etc and everyone has all V. Not on tq where half the matches are decided by isk (and sp but sp are isk).
    Also sure am glad you're not in charge of anything, building a dynasty takes work, you would give literally no rewards to teams doing it.
    This whole idea that "Building a dynasty" should be something positive (bar the theory crafting and piloting experience) is retarded and extremely bad for the AT from an esports PoV. What should define tournament success should be skill and skill alone. Not the fact that you can throw isk and aquired goods at the screen.

This whole idea that "Building a dynasty" should be something positive (bar the theory crafting and piloting experience) is retarded and extremely bad for the AT from an esports PoV. What should define tournament success should be skill and skill alone. Not the fact that you can throw isk and aquired goods at the screen.
    Says the guy who cried for 3 pages in another topic about how he can no longer pwn noobs in frigates with his blinged out BS because they are taking away his secret links.

Yea, only theres no sport or sporting even on earth where thats the case. Repetitive winners in every sport reinvest in their game to up it for the next match.

Your desire is a farce, its not real and its not realistic.