hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alliance Tournament XIV - Day 1

Holy fuck, that shit's chaotic the minutes after the bans go in.

edit: my response to Wolf

I agree with some points in spirit but ere more toward the state of the AT as-is. If I were to add some feelings of my own I'd say:

1) combat must take place on the TQ server with ISK, ships, and modules acquired, built, and purchased therein (as it is now.)

2) flagship has no module restrictions

3) one AT ship per team per tournament (an Etana was lost today by PL, so PL can no longer field any AT ship this tournament, in my preferred rule-set)

4) The flagship and/or the AT ship of choice can only be deployed in one match, regardless of whether they survive or not

I like the restrictions on modules, implants, etc as they are, because we all know the AT doesn't mirror regular PvP anyway. It's supposed to be fun to watch, while also being generally fair to teams who want to try their luck against the "elite" entities. Any rule that contributes to the overall spectacle for Twitch viewers while also facilitating that lattermost point is a good one IMO.
    Last edited by Dirk Magnum; October 2 2016 at 01:03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    What matches are worth watching (if they get put up on YouTube or something)? Either for good matches/piloting or cripple fights. Which match had the State Issue Raven?
    The State Raven was fielded by PL in their match against Iron Armada, which you can watch here (skip to 12 minutes or so, unfortunately, there's no commentary): https://www.twitch.tv/isdstar/v/92381682
    If you like seeing expensive things explode, you could also watch PL's second match, against the undermanned highsec mercenary alliance Complaints Department, in which PL fielded and lost an Etana (skip to around 6:31:00): https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/92379469
    You could also take a look at Vydra Relolded against Exodus, which was interesting because both teams are expected to be strong contenders for the final weekend, although the match proved to be rather one-sided in Exodus' favour (skip to around 5:50:00): https://www.twitch.tv/isdstar/v/92381682
    Then there's Snuff getting picked apart by 404 Alliance Not Found (skip to around 8:28:40): https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv/v/92379469

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Magnum View Post
    edit: my response to Wolf

I agree with some points in spirit but ere more toward the state of the AT as-is. If I were to add some feelings of my own I'd say:

1) combat must take place on the TQ server with ISK, ships, and modules acquired, built, and purchased therein (as it is now.)

2) flagship has no module restrictions

3) one AT ship per team per tournament (an Etana was lost today by PL, so PL can no longer field any AT ship this tournament, in my preferred rule-set)

4) The flagship and/or the AT ship of choice can only be deployed in one match, regardless of whether they survive or not

I like the restrictions on modules, implants, etc as they are, because we all know the AT doesn't mirror regular PvP anyway. It's supposed to be fun to watch, while also being generally fair to teams who want to try their luck against the "elite" entities. Any rule that contributes to the overall spectacle for Twitch viewers while also facilitating that lattermost point is a good one IMO.
    Your one ship rules and lowering the restrictions on the flagships essentially just increase the RNG. If you lose your AT or flagship you essentially will have a harder matchup throughout the rest of the AT.

I for one do not mind that holding the last ship to loot drones from the field is no longer a thing. A more even matched AT via rules gives better matches, just throwing spectacle isk losses into it is imho just silly, I won't deny it won't boost viewership but that will be short lived, because really, the explosion you see isn't any bigger because the ship is worth 100B.

i saw ry ry today in the AT stream
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

The Explicit Alliance vs. Spectre Fleet Alliance was surprisingly good. You don't see a BS-heavy comp work too often like that.

(Of course the prize for the poor sod winning that fight is to to go up again PL...)
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; October 2 2016 at 03:16:30 PM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    ryturn?

What's with all of these undermanned teams today?

bads

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    ryturn?
    well in the chat i mean, not the actual stream

I also saw some idiot whos twitch name ended with m8 .

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    :nonshocker:

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    why would they not use their most top tier pilot?

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    why would they not use their most top tier pilot?
    Or any kind of comp that could conceivably win a match?

No, what we should do is run people with level 4 skills because we want to give them "a chance to fly" and bring a comp that loses to literally any comp flown with even the tiniest bit of skill.

This is a great idea.

Spoiler:

ofc, we didn't want to win any way...

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Remember when 20k+ people watched these streams and they were professionally produced?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Remember when 20k+ people watched these streams and they were professionally produced?

Really makes you think

Well since it was the first weekend and there wasn't even an official CCP production, I don't think anyone is losing any sleep. The first weekend tends to have a lot of blow-out matches, so interest is lower than the latter weekends where you're looking at a small pool of top-tier teams.

That said, EVE_NT did a fantastic job with their broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaHavoc View Post
    Why CCP tries to hype up their AT, and then doesn't broadcast the first matches, will never make sense.
    Was broadcasted, quality was really good, conversation flow was really good, number of dumb jokes that got tons of air silence was really low.

At one point it was the 6th most watched stream on twitch....

Then they had the shitty punk music break and lost 1k viewers instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    What do you say, Grath? If I private message you some information about my family and me, would you become my spokesperson in confirming I'm telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post

Well since it was the first weekend and there wasn't even an official CCP production, I don't think anyone is losing any sleep. The first weekend tends to have a lot of blow-out matches, so interest is lower than the latter weekends where you're looking at a small pool of top-tier teams.

That said, EVE_NT did a fantastic job with their broadcast.
    +1

Yeah, amazing job by the NT crew. Was on par (if not better) with the ccp production of previous ATs.

IMO CCP should just farm it out to them, they're way better at picking/getting decent comentators than CCP has ever been, and then they could just have some canned dev interviews in the breaks when they want to leak some info.