hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Battlerite

Got thru placements and am at rank 8/1600ish, confirming that I am trash. Still fun though, have years of skill avoiding mobas to make up on.

Free weekend for this started btw, definitely worth checking out. Not everyones cup of tea but if you're after something intense and competitive definitely take a look.

SLS have been doing a good job so far as well. Whole bunch of new heroes added since EA started, big matchmaking/ranked overhaul coming this month. They really just need to get the social stuff back from BLC (ingame tournaments with rewards, chat channels, clans etc) and this game will be shit hot.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Necroing this because it finally has a F2P release date (early november) and it also has a free week this week

Gotten a few more of my friends to try it out and it's still pretty fun/incredibly infuriating when you get dumpstered

Don't play casual when you start, just go straight into league, Casual's matchmaking is utter garbage

Really fun game, free to play comes November 8th. I am hoping to see a massive population spike when this occurs. I wish I was better though. Maining Poloma and it can be rough sometimes when they focus me and my teammate doesn't protect/help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellin View Post
    Really fun game, free to play comes November 8th. I am hoping to see a massive population spike when this occurs.
    sensible_chuckle.mp4

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Really fun game, free to play comes November 8th. I am hoping to see a massive population spike when this occurs.
    sensible_chuckle.mp4
    He's right though, you bald wanker

its out of beta and f2p now

sensible_chuckle.mp4
    And pop is up into steam top 10 get fucked nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    sensible_chuckle.mp4
    So did Evolve...We'll talk in few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    sensible_chuckle.mp4
    This is a good game though unlike evolve. Not sure why you're so into wanting it to fail.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm not. Haven't even played it yet. Just pointing the obvious.

sensible_chuckle.mp4
    It's nothing like Evolve though

In other news, got into Platinum 2v2, I want to kill every single person who plays Thorn or Pestilus, even on my own team

Anyone tried MxM? How does this compare?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    sensible_chuckle.mp4

In other news, got into Platinum 2v2, I want to kill every single person who plays Thorn or Pestilus, even on my own team
    3v3 is apparently the ~competitive mode~

2v2 has always been a shitshow. Unsurprisingly a lot of people assume they're the dogs bollocks and therefore 2v2 is the best mode because you only have to "carry 1 scrub instead of 2". In reality the 2v2 game is relatively bland and deterministic, plus the balance has always been way more out of whack than 3s. Was the same deal with BLC.

Game is also way more intense in 3s, with misplays being a lot more punishable and a much higher ceiling for impressive coordination. Over beta was really hoping theyd drop league 2s completely because the playerbase was so tiny, but at least now there's actually players it's not such a big deal.

sensible_chuckle.mp4

2v2 has been the meme "competitive" mode since launch because certain champions have disproportionate affect (this goes both ways fyi, Polona ex: is much more impactful in 3v3s but also harder to play)

3v3 is considered harder because interactions are messier and comp actually matters, v0v I'm high plat/low diamond in that anyway (when my teammates actually login, aka not for ages)

Basically what Cerzi said, I'm not trying to brag since I'm still massively garbage compared to Joltzie/Teldoo/Finlev/Champion league players, and still get matched against them semiregularly because there aren't enough active high level players anyway

I still get a massive urge to dodge when I see a Champion/Diamond 1 player on Thorn though, because it's always painful for my bum

IIRC there was a plan to drop 2v2 ranked as a mode entirely, but the playerbase bitched about it so they kept it in, imo just keep both in for as long as theres a sustainable playerbase

Personally I play 2v2 mostly because it's easier to keep track of timers and to learn counterplay before going into 3v3s "for real"
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; November 13 2017 at 11:49:33 PM.

sensible_chuckle.mp4

2v2 has been the meme "competitive" mode since launch because certain champions have disproportionate affect (this goes both ways fyi, Polona ex: is much more impactful in 3v3s but also harder to play)

3v3 is considered harder because interactions are messier and comp actually matters, v0v I'm high plat/low diamond in that anyway (when my teammates actually login, aka not for ages)

Basically what Cerzi said, I'm not trying to brag since I'm still massively garbage compared to Joltzie/Teldoo/Finlev/Champion league players, and still get matched against them semiregularly because there aren't enough active high level players anyway

I still get a massive urge to dodge when I see a Champion/Diamond 1 player on Thorn though, because it's always painful for my bum

IIRC there was a plan to drop 2v2 ranked as a mode entirely, but the playerbase bitched about it so they kept it in, imo just keep both in for as long as theres a sustainable playerbase

Personally I play 2v2 mostly because it's easier to keep track of timers and to learn counterplay before going into 3v3s "for real"
    Thorn is fucking disgusting in 2v2

sensible_chuckle.mp4

Thorn is fucking disgusting in 2v2
    I mostly play Jade/Croak/Taya, so yes, he's literally the worst to play against

Hence mostly playing 2v2 so I can at least keep track of what he's doing instead of suddenly getting grabbed/bumpounded.

Ruh'Khan was similar on launch, but I don't think Thorn needs the same kind of nerfs, just time to learn how to play against him