hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlerite

Battlerite

Randomly got a beta invite for this last night, and played the shit out of it. It's basically a modern-day Bloodline Champions. I think I might've been the only one here who had a massive boner for BLC, but whether you liked it or not it was a really unique game, and I was sad to see it die off.

Battlerite is basically the same deal but modernized. Uses a F2P model that's more like Dota (with a bit of HotS thrown in) compared to BLC.

Besides the gameplay, BLC was always great because of all the competitive features built into the client. There were regular in-client tournaments, some with entry fees and then big rewards, others free to enter and still with solid rewards. Battlerite looks like it'll have all that stuff as well, along with some neat extras like VR spectator mode which I'm pretty hyped about.

Anyway, just in case there were actually some BLC fans here that kept quiet in the thread - check this game out for realz.

Smuggo
    Looks interesting. Often only play in party of 2 on Dota which means you got up to 3 mongs you need to rely on so this could be good for those times.

Is really different to dotalikes - BLC was developed around the same time hon/lol were, so it didn't really have much influence from that stuff. Instead was more based on MMO arena pvp I think, but making everything skillshots / norng and putting a lot of emphasis on competition.

With BR there's clearly some level of influence from dotalikes now tho - every round you can choose 1 of 3 different hots-style talents of increasing power. So the first round talent is usually pretty minor, but if it goes to the final round of a bo5 then both sides are upgrading their ultimates. Pretty cool idea for raising the tension but still keeping it a pure 2-min-per-round arena game.

Really hope this one gets popular. BLC deserves to be way, way more popular than it was. Seriously.

Smuggo
    I didn't say it was like it, I meant that it's a competitive team MP game with heroes and different abilities so it would fill in nicely in place of dota when I don't want to play with pubs but don't have 4 friends online at once.

Looks shit
    Lazarus for Mod!!!1

So we've gone around full circle back to WoW 2v2 arena's ?

we've gone full circle from this (holy shit time = goes fast)

battlesomething

blc was the shit do want.

Devs managed to get LIRIK to stream it, has 27k viewers and frontpage twitch, chat seems to be digging it. This game might actually take off, instead of die miserably like BLC. Hype

https://www.twitch.tv/lirik

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    battlesomething
    Battlearena: Born to battle Battles
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    Devs managed to get LIRIK to stream it, has 27k viewers and frontpage twitch, chat seems to be digging it. This game might actually take off, instead of die miserably like BLC. Hype

https://www.twitch.tv/lirik
    Cool

Got the beta too - is it worth my time?

For sure. I think the only reason BLC didn't reach critical mass (before Funcom's desperate fucking of things with 2.0 and P2W shit) is that it had the worst timing, coming out when everyone was completely obsessed with dota/hon/lol. Now that a lot of people are kind of burnt out by that formula, BR has a really good chance to get big.

Everyone in LIRIK's chat seems to be super hyped after watching him, even though they hadn't heard of it or even BLC. So it's definitely looking good for SLS.

BR is basically BLC with smoother gameplay, some nice additions (battlerites themselves that create powercreep in individual matches, and mounts that add extra mindgames and advantages). So if you liked BLC definitely check it out.

Beta is over now though. Early Access starts tomorrow for 20 euros, but if you buy it you get access to every single hero and every single future hero, which is pretty legit.

Am ridic hyped to get back into this game.

Who decided to start early access at 12 on a Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Who decided to start early access at 12 on a Tuesday.
    Someone smart probably. I've heard servers tend not to do great on day one. It'll give them some breathing room.

EA is up now, only 13.50. For early access, all current heroes and all future heroes, that shit's a steal.

I don't understand is it a Dota clone or a Overwatch clone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    I don't understand is it a Dota clone or a Overwatch clone?
    Yeah your probably a bit slow for this I'd stay away.