hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Subnautica: underwater survival/drowning simulator (w/early access frostbite)

will buy the early access but wait for the full release before diving in.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I just realized we're only two days away (Jan, 30th) from the release of Subnautica: Below Zero
    WAT

Oh wait you mean early access release. Shit dude don't do that to me!
    Actually, I've been fooled too. Fuck click-bait headlines (and shame on me for not reading the actual article, I guess).

Checking the Steam store, it ofc shows it's "only" the Early Access release.

I assume itís cheaper during EA since people are so eager to buy now and play later?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    I assume itís cheaper during EA since people are so eager to buy now and play later?
    Probably not by much. It's more (for me at least) supporting the devs of one of, if not the best, games of 2018.

When they give me MP they can have dev of <year>.

>

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    When they give me MP they can have dev of <year>.

>
    This

I wanted multiplayer too, at first, but the more I played it the more I realised the whole thing is better done solo. The ocean loses some of it's terror if you're with someone else, and that creeping fear is half the fun of the game.

I genuinely hope they never add it. There are enough multiplayer survival games, and precious few good solo ones.

New Markiplier video 1 of subzero horror.

Bought this, and Sunless Skies today but will hopefully leave off it until it's stable / near release.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I wanted multiplayer too, at first, but the more I played it the more I realised the whole thing is better done solo. The ocean loses some of it's terror if you're with someone else, and that creeping fear is half the fun of the game.

I genuinely hope they never add it. There are enough multiplayer survival games, and precious few good solo ones.
    I get what you're saying, but I like choice.

So choose a multiplayer game?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

I do. I'm not especially mad they didnt put MP in subnautica, just a bit sad. Clearly I'm not alone, the various multiplayer-enabling mods for it are the most popular mods made for it by a large margin.

It was considered at one point but put on low priority. I think UW specifically made a game that was the exact opposite of Natural Selection because the NS community was toxic as fuck. Single player underwater game you can’t even kill things properly in with exploration as the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    It was considered at one point but put on low priority. I think UW specifically made a game that was the exact opposite of Natural Selection because the NS community was toxic as fuck. Single player underwater game you can’t even kill things properly in with exploration as the focus.
    I entirely understand why they did it, dont get me wrong. Would still be nice to have it as a delayed release feature somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

currently waiting on forge to update to a new version so we get (ironically) all the ocean updates in minecraft. Then I'll probably setup a new minecraft server for anyone here and other people I like to play on.

Want to mention that I got this game free via Epic Games Launcher a few weeks ago, started playing it 2-3 days ago.

I've played it a lot of hours, its quite captivating, though i see how the need for food and water slows down the game.
    I'd say how long i've played already, but the epic games launcher is lacking in statistics. (edit- in game my save says 7hours 30)

Fun. Hopefully I've only scratched the surface, I've only just got a habitat working out for me, with some chinese potatos and a tree with fruit giving me sustained food and water.
    Just the seamoth currently, i havent yet unlocked the cyclops.

Got the upgrade bench so thats nice, and if anyone does play this early only, id recommend just to get a very early room built and get a bunch of the big storage cases. To start i just floated a load of boxes to store a bit of surplus loot :/ messy.

Take it slow and build up a seabase. Once you get a cyclops and prawn suit the gameplay changes quite a bit IMO, I wish I had spent more time with the seamoth.

Yea your first time playing you'll want to really take it in and explore, that's half the fun. On reruns you can blaze through it and rush seamoth/cyclops if you really want to.

Also be sure to bring a few beacons since there's no in-game map.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Yea your first time playing you'll want to really take it in and explore, that's half the fun. On reruns you can blaze through it and rush seamoth/cyclops if you really want to..
    I found myself rushing down to the first mushroom cave to get the multifunction room more often than not, and just powering ahead with SEABASE, though i hear it's as easy to rush to the other place they can be scanned, if youa re in that much of a hurry to get self sufficient with veg ?

Planning & execing the 120m on air dive is a lot of the fun.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Once you get a planter of Bulbo trees you'll never have to worry about food again. I have mixed feelings about food/water in games like this tbh, it starts off interesting and gives some tension but becomes annoying later once you figure out a way to quickly and effectively get around the mechanic.