hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Subnautica: underwater survival/drowning simulator (soon with freezing)

The game glitched on me last night and bounced me ~2km from my start position about 30 mins in.
    Found an island, which is cool, but can't drop a marker on it to go back later and now have a long long swim home :/
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

octopus thingies. gaah.
    I need a weapon....

Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
    Just lost my Cyclops to something very very big and glowing, was only 700m down.

Need to work out how to fix them when something has punched massive holes in it now.
    Generally keeping distance and going the other way when something nasty shows up keeps you alive and fine
    If i saw them i would have gone the other way.

Carrying floaters in the cargobay, so i can just cut everything and slap those on the hull.

also was forced to use the debug console to fix a blueprint not showing up

Just lost my Cyclops to something very very big and glowing, was only 700m down.

Need to work out how to fix them when something has punched massive holes in it now.
    Generally keeping distance and going the other way when something nasty shows up keeps you alive and fine

Carrying floaters in the cargobay, so i can just cut everything and slap those on the hull.

A good idea whenever you bring a vehicle anywhere unknown: scout ahead with the Seaglide.

Floaters. Awesome idea. That should work vs that ...thing I should not spoil that some creature may or may not do to your ship when they attack.... <_<

A good idea whenever you bring a vehicle anywhere unknown: scout ahead with the Seaglide.
    I've found running on silent works well for getting past most stuff undisturbed and only the leviathans seem to be super aggressive even when rigged for silence. Even then, you can shut the engine off and be fine.

Got on my old save, my cyclops was down in the lava zone, didn't realize they changed the max depth to 1300 on this latest patch.

Silent running? Hpw dp I do that? Can the seamoth do it? I am having octopus issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Silent running? Hpw dp I do that? Can the seamoth do it? I am having octopus issues.
    Only the Cyclops - it's a clickable button on the HUD when you operate it. Keep in mind though that it drains power cells at a fearsome rate and as such should be used sparingly.

I never really used the Cyclops for anything other than a mobile base, heading out instead with the Seaglide and Prawn for excursions.

Gah double post.

Install the shield mod on the cyclops..holy fuck that mod drains your cells so fast.

Put 18 hours into this since Sat pm. Utterly hooked (no fishing pun intended). Built a small base near the jellyshroom cave, built the moth and the prawn suit, need diamonds for the drill arm and other stuff for the grapple since the prawnboost is a bit weaksauce.

Need more range on the scanner room, L1 upgrade helps but still want more. Having mats marked on the hud is just too useful.

Also surprised at just how scary it can get. Haven't been lower than 300m yet but still had some good jump scares and 'wtf is that silhouette in the distance ohmygodohmygod' moments. Once it gets dark it's horrible! Using the film-colours for better dark.
    Last edited by Saul; February 4 2018 at 08:45:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Put 18 hours into this since Sat pm. Utterly hooked (no fishing pun intended). Built a small base near the jellyshroom cave, built the moth and the prawn suit, need diamonds for the drill arm and other stuff for the grapple since the prawnboost is a bit weaksauce.

Need more range on the scanner room, L1 upgrade helps but still want more. Having mats marked on the hud is just too useful.

Also surprised at just how scary it can get. Haven't been lower than 300m yet but still had some good jump scares and 'wtf is that silhouette in the distance ohmygodohmygod' moments. Once it gets dark it's horrible! Using the film-colours for better dark.
    If you need diamonds, there is a good source thats safe and easy, but you might not have found that location yet, although the story leads you to it not too far in.
      Spoiler:
    The mountain island (not the floating one) has caves with lots of resource nodes that gove you gold/diamonds.
    From your starting position, aim a bit to the left of the Aurora wreck and go on the surface for about 1km.

Is that the

Spoiler:
    island with the big space gun and alien facility?

If so then been there, didn't spot the caves though. Seem to recall grabbing a few from the sides but saw a pretty big, face-eating looking thing floating around about 200m down and decided discretion was the better part of valour. Will go back for another look at some point.

I ended up using the scanner and finding loads of shale outcrops in the jellyshroom cave, got a good few diamonds out of that. Think I have enough for the drill arm now.

Oh nice, purchased this in beta the other year to try in VR, where it ran like ass. Was fun non vr though at the time. Glad to see it has blossomed into a fully formed sexy curvy lady. Im gonna spend some time playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Oh nice, purchased this in beta the other year to try in VR, where it ran like ass. Was fun non vr though at the time. Glad to see it has blossomed into a fully formed sexy curvy lady. Im gonna spend some time playing now.
    Have an ambulance on quickdial if you play in VR and are over 40. thank me later, or, you know, nice having known you.

(disclaimer I don't really know you, nor should this statement be considered an endorsement of your existence or lack thereof.)

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Is that the

Spoiler:
    island with the big space gun and alien facility?

If so then been there, didn't spot the caves though. Seem to recall grabbing a few from the sides but saw a pretty big, face-eating looking thing floating around about 200m down and decided discretion was the better part of valour. Will go back for another look at some point.

I ended up using the scanner and finding loads of shale outcrops in the jellyshroom cave, got a good few diamonds out of that. Think I have enough for the drill arm now.
    yes, that. there are a lot of caves, which you will (have to?) explore later. quite safe btw, crabs not withstanding .

Didn't we have an "ethics in gamedev" thread? Will dump this here for the time being

TIL Poland isnt 3rd world

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    TIL Poland isnt 3rd world
    News to me as well.

Retweeting BasementDwellerPlanet should be grounds for immediate firing because it shows you have zero judgement.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'