hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107

Thread: Subnautica: underwater survival/drowning simulator

  1. #41
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    I really want to get this - looks fantastic.
    So do?
    Technically, it has been at 10€ mark before. Full price is 22€, so waiting for a deal is not a bad idea.
    Hiro Cor

  2. #42
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    I really want to get this - looks fantastic.
    So do?
    Technically, it has been at 10€ mark before. Full price is 22€, so waiting for a deal is not a bad idea.
    Imo 22€ is already a good deal for this
    But to each their own I guess.

  3. #43
    Well worth the price.
    Would also recommend reading most of the in-game lore, adds quite a lot.
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

  4. #44

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    I really want to get this - looks fantastic.
    So do?
    Technically, it has been at 10 mark before. Full price is 22, so waiting for a deal is not a bad idea.
    Imo 22 is already a good deal for this
    But to each their own I guess.
    (Disclaimer: I don't own the game (yet))

    Agreed, from the looks of it, it seems to be worth the price. And although I'm not specifically holding back and wait for some kind of deal/sale for it, I'm still in the middle of my 2nd FO4 / 1st FO4 w/ Far Harbor/Nuke Cola DLC playthrough. That'll buy me some time before I need to go out shopping for something new. And perhaps I'm lucky and in that time there's some kind of sale for it.

  5. #45
    TroN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    I really want to get this - looks fantastic.
    So do?
    Technically, it has been at 10€ mark before. Full price is 22€, so waiting for a deal is not a bad idea.
    Yeah, I can wait for a sale - I have enough to play for the time being. It does look really good though.

  6. #46
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    A small tip I found last night. Tanks in inventory don't extend your air supply (they used to), but you can switch them from inventory while diving. Just don't right click them or some drowning may commence
    I don't know if that is still the case but back when they changed tank behavior, tanks would only refill if they were on you, not in in inventory. I think they wanted to change that but better test it before you switch to an empty one at 200m below.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  7. #47
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    A small tip I found last night. Tanks in inventory don't extend your air supply (they used to), but you can switch them from inventory while diving. Just don't right click them or some drowning may commence
    I don't know if that is still the case but back when they changed tank behavior, tanks would only refill if they were on you, not in in inventory. I think they wanted to change that but better test it before you switch to an empty one at 200m below.
    That is correct, they refill only when they are on you, but there is a also a tooltip showing how much air they have or if they are empty.
    Hiro Cor

  8. #48
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    1,982
    My son is playing this. Seems legit good, ill give it a spin cause we share steam libraries..

    Because he has a fobia of deep water (and still wants to play this), it is sometimes comically funny to see him play. That look of sheer horror on his face when he is submerged deep is priceless..

    This game is survival horror to him. Much more horror than survival though, lel

    Edit:

    Shit i just read your posts, so many fobia victims
    Last edited by dominus; February 1 2018 at 05:00:23 PM.

  9. #49
    Darkening's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,079
    I quite like this game, blown 21 hours so far, built a small base with a moon pool with a wee minisub.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    5,938
    Having absolutely no worry about deep water, so far this is the most relaxing game i've played in ages.
    Can't get my controller working yet though otherwise it's the first game to go on in the lounge this year.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  11. #51
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post

    Shit i just read your posts, so many fobia victims
    It's like half the fun. And it increases the immersion so much.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  12. #52
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post

    Shit i just read your posts, so many fobia victims
    It's like half the fun. And it increases the immersion so much.
    This.
    Hiro Cor

  13. #53
    Darkening's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,079



    My first try at a base, going to take it apart later on and move it to a deeper spot.

  14. #54
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Having absolutely no worry about deep water, so far this is the most relaxing game i've played in ages.
    Can't get my controller working yet though otherwise it's the first game to go on in the lounge this year.
    the locals will fix that for you soon enough...


    I just had my sub devoured by a gigantic glowing thingy.

    Also: Went down to 550 meters. i found copper.
    Last edited by Ashaz; February 2 2018 at 02:16:35 PM.

  15. #55
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,539
    Anyone who says they have no phobia of deep water should go to the edge of the map into the Void.

  16. #56
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,161
    Caved, downloading now. Never really been into survival games but this looks like it could be the one to change my mind.

  17. #57
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,275
    I just fucking died on hardcore... At 300 meters realized my 2nd tank is empty. Drowned at 100 meters... Just unlocked Cyclops, >20h in.
    Hiro Cor

  18. #58
    Darkening's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,079
    Just lost my Cyclops to something very very big and glowing, was only 700m down.

    Need to work out how to fix them when something has punched massive holes in it now.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
    Just lost my Cyclops to something very very big and glowing, was only 700m down.

    Need to work out how to fix them when something has punched massive holes in it now.
    Generally keeping distance and going the other way when something nasty shows up keeps you alive and fine
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

  20. #60
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,402
    You know how some fish jump out of the water to avoid predators? Yup. that works. I skipped that sub like a rock over a pond while being chased by a laviathan.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •