hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Subnautica: underwater survival/drowning simulator (soon with freezing)

I wholeheartedly agree with it being one of the best games I've played in a long time.
    not empty quotin'

The feelings of isolation and wonder would be sorely ruined by ZZ_BIGBALLZ69_ZZ
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Ditto.

This is the best game I have played this year.

It's beautiful and horrifying at the same time. The sound design and visuals do an excellent job of immersing you in the deep. God I wish it had multiplayer.
    I wholeheartedly agree with it being one of the best games I've played in a long time. But I'm unsure about the multiplayer part. Coop? Perhaps that would work. Anything else - I'm very skeptical.
    I just want to be able to share the exploration and the experience with a friend. Also I feel like the cyclops is a bit big to operate alone.

Ditto.

This is the best game I have played this year.

It's beautiful and horrifying at the same time. The sound design and visuals do an excellent job of immersing you in the deep. God I wish it had multiplayer.
    I wholeheartedly agree with it being one of the best games I've played in a long time. But I'm unsure about the multiplayer part. Coop? Perhaps that would work. Anything else - I'm very skeptical.
    I just want to be able to share the exploration and the experience with a friend.
    So Coop. Yes, I can definately see that.

Also I feel like the cyclops is a bit big to operate alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Friendly PDA Adviser
    "Be advised: the Cyclops is designed to be operated by a three-person crew. Only experienced helms-people should attempt to pilot this vehicle solo."

Co-op is one of the most requested things on the subreddit. There was a mod in the works at one point, but I've seen nothing about it for months so fair bet that it died before it became anything worth installing.

Co-op could be very cool, but I do think that a lot of the impact the game has is due to it being a single player game. I suspect the emotional impact would be lowered, even just with co-op. Actual 'multiplayer' would ruin it entirely. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching streams of it for the same reason, as it's fun to see how someone else's investment in the world proceeds in similar fashion to your own.

Agree with all that it's the best game of the year so far, no question. Very much a sleeper hit as well. Very hyped for the arctic expansion but am planning to avoid ALL information about it until I actually play it. I took some of the shine off the game by reading too much wiki and having maps, because I didn't trust the developer to make a survival game that wouldn't annoy me by dragging shit out for hours on end. In the end that trust was deserved after all, so this time I want to go in totally blind and experience it 'as intended'.

Got this in the steam summer sale. P good pickup.

Just got my Cyclops built and have NFI where to go with it. That's been my goal for the past few days and now that it's done.... wat do :\
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Cyclops is for going very deep, ferrying the prawn suit around and generally being a mobile base. Good for exploring some of the scarier places if fully upgraded with shield and sonar etc.

And in case you haven't realized it, like I before I viewed some videos: you can build all kinds of stuff onboard the Cyclops, e.g. medkit-dispenser. But watch your energy.

Yeah, it's just gonna be a big change from mostly using the Seamoth, to using the Cyclops+Prawn all of a sudden
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

And in case you haven't realized it, like I before I viewed some videos: you can build all kinds of stuff onboard the Cyclops, e.g. medkit-dispenser. But watch your energy.
    can you still stick power generators to it?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    can you still stick power generators to it?
    no more power generators, gotta recharge power cells in a base

Flank speed with shields up and sonar on, a cyclops without the enhanced power cells will drain from 100% to 0% in around 2 minutes.

But it wont die and makes excellent bait to get patrolling bad guys to move.

The Cyclops is all about the combination of it together with the Prawn suit. Think of it as Cyclopse = deposit + transporter + small (emergency) base & Prawn suit = explorer + excavator.

You'll figure it out pretty soon and further information scratches on spoiler territory.

Spoiler:

When advancing into new biomes/depths with your new toys, you'll discover a couple of different ways to deal with how to handle the powercell recharging for the Cyclopse.

You can also put extra storage containers on the cyclops. I always kept a habitat+charger+power plant disassembled in the cyclops to create a waystation if needed.

I am really sad i've completed this and can't play it for the first time again.

Though now my steam link's arrived, i may start again on the big telly
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I'm giving The Forest a go to try to scratch the subnautica itch, picked it up cheap in the sale. Co-op is a major plus, no oceans but the crafting is (reportedly) similarly easy to grasp and it has a story and a distinct ending etc.

Only put a couple of hours in solo while I wait for a co-op buddy to be available, but looks promising-ish from what I've seen so far. You folks are welcome to tag along if any of you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

Get a VR headset and play it with that.
    It’s fucking mental, in a good (and pant shitting) way

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

Get a VR headset and play it with that.
    It’s fucking mental, in a good (and pant shitting) way
    Get on about sending yours to the next in line, will ya?
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Game was quite good, only the end-game was bit dull in my end, as I had pretty much everything when I found the last bridge piece of the cyclops, so it was just following the breadcrumbs till the end.

Sort of stopped playing simply because I am terrified of picking it up again and spending hours looking over my shoulder for horrific things about to kill me. Lost so many seamoths to bone sharks and Reaper Leviathans it is getting annoying let alone getting any where new is panic inducing now.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Only got my seamoth destroyed once, no other vehicles even got near to dying