hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Session 2 AAR:

Much lols were had as we explored the 2nd half of the island. We fought gloriously, stole epic items from each other (hilarious), and killed many foes.

Spoiler for final fight
      Spoiler:

Finally the time came to assault the final keep. Ifan (spasm) and Sebille (NH) took ambush positions beneath an enemy pyromage, Lohse (Deebs) took up position on another wall on the opposite side of the courtyard, while the Red Prince (Myself) roared in the front door. Disaster quickly struck, as the enemy team went first and the pyromage 1 turn killed Ifan. Lohse was engaged by a ranger, Sebille hid from the pyromage, and THE RED PRINCE strode in the door like a boss, buffed to the gills with bless, fortify, and armor of frost. I faced off against the head Magister, Alexander, slashing him and then teleporting him the fuck away from me. Still, the fight seemed hopeless, and discussions of reloading were had. But THEN! A FUCKING GIANT GODAMN WORM APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE. This was now a threeway fight, and Magister Alexander was teleported by Lohse to right next to the worm. Meanwhile, the pyromancer rained fire down on THE RED PRINCE, unknowingly creating a huge area of blessed fire (cause I'm awesome) and healing me every turn. The fight progressed, Lohse was eventually petrified and despite heroic attempts from Sebille would be petrified by the worm, and then killed by it. Once TP came off cooldown the pyromage was brought down to THE RED PRINCE'S level, and hacked to death. Sebille made it back from her heroic attempt to save Lohse, only to be pounded to pulp by the voidwyrm. Left alone, THE RED PRINCE cast his firebreath on an area of curse ground next to the voidwyrm, creating a necrofire on the remaining magisters who promptly lit half the goddamn castle on fire. Burning to death, the Magisters were able to slay the wyrm, but were left too weak to finish THE RED PRINCE, who promptly chopped off Magister Alexanders head, ending the battle.

THE RED PRINCE stared around at the fireblackened castle. Scorched cattle and slaves littered the ground. His companions had had their uses until now, but his was the only true destiny. Silently regarding their fallen corpses he strode past them and boarded the boat off the island. There can only be ONE Divine. MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

A+ game, cannot wait for the full campaign and running through it with FHC dudebros.
    Last edited by Bentguru; September 20 2016 at 03:47:18 AM.

How many players does this one support? Last one got a mod to take it from 2 to 4, will this one handle 3 or 4 people natively?
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    How many players does this one support? Last one got a mod to take it from 2 to 4, will this one handle 3 or 4 people natively?
    4 people natively yes

The level of betrayal some of this game causes means one needs a chill party to play with. Will be running the alpha solo at some point just because I can, to see how it plays out with one PC and three "friends".

Also, the level of replay to see everything will be huge. The game will probably be stale by then, however.

(narrator has a pretty cool voice, which will help immersion a lot on the bits which are currently text-only)

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Also, the level of replay to see everything will be huge. The game will probably be stale by then, however.
    They'll probably have made an enhanced edition by then though

(narrator has a pretty cool voice, which will help immersion a lot on the bits which are currently text-only)
    the fuck

The level of betrayal some of this game causes means one needs a chill party to play with. Will be running the alpha solo at some point just because I can, to see how it plays out with one PC and three "friends".

Yeah, I highly doubt we did everything we could have done before the end. And we definitely took some odds paths through the game too. Lots of replay value. And presumably they will patch out the bug that lets us steal from each other, so the trust will come back

Trust? I have a backpack for that.

Doing SP, in the camp, just exploring around and grabbing nick-nacks to buy new equipment since this run is new and I'm still lvl 2. See a rain spellbook laying around, successfully steal, immediately get caught and fail the persuasion roll. Aggro half the camp, including griff and every single one of his buddies. Proceed to slaughter everybody.

Just DOS2 things (seriously once you get gud at combat mechanics these fights aren't that hard...)

Smuggo
    This is out Thursday. Know it's been in early access a while but not played that myself. Looks cool as fuck especially with GM mode.

Me, bent, holme and elriche are planning to do the whole thing in co-op when it comes out.

I haven't played much more than the first area, but holy fuck this game is good. You can do pretty much whatever you want.

Smuggo
    Does game support controllers cos just noticed they got split screen so could play it with the wife on the telly

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Me, bent, holme and elriche are planning to do the whole thing in co-op when it comes out.

I haven't played much more than the first area, but holy fuck this game is good. You can do pretty much whatever you want.
    Knowing Bent... "Co-Op"

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Does game support controllers cos just noticed they got split screen so could play it with the wife on the telly
    Yeah they showed a video of it. Search the steam store/news.

Tried the original with the Mrs on co-op. She spent 30 minutes making her character. Ten minutes into the actual game... 'I don't like this.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

Knowing Bent... "Co-Op"
    There can only be one. You know the rules NH, there are no innocents here.

But ya, you guys want to do sunday?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Tried the original with the Mrs on co-op. She spent 30 minutes making her character. Ten minutes into the actual game... 'I don't like this.'
    Yeah I expect similar but might as well give it a go.

The start of DOS was rough, little to no direction and the game didn't really explain how shit worked. DOS2 starts with a set goal (break out of jail) and is just in general better paved imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    The start of DOS was rough, little to no direction and the game didn't really explain how shit worked. DOS2 starts with a set goal (break out of jail) and is just in general better paved imo.
    The current and release versions actually start on the boat, and walk you through a bunch of things (including that stabbing everyone who annoys you is an option, but its a REALLY HARD option)

I can't wait to be branded criminals within the first hour and spend the next 30 running from the authorities because Bent is a homicidal maniac.