hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

I thought there was a thread for this already, but search said no, so here is a new one.

Anyway, the first act of this is now up on steam early access for kickstarter backers

Its an early build and the game apparently will not be out for another few months.

The first game was fantastic and the enhanced edition brought even more content and improvements, so I have high hopes for this.

Yeah if it's as good as the first will definitely buy when it's finished.

I backed it. Seemed like an almost sure bet and it was only 26$

Waiting for my stone age internet to finish downloading so I can give it a go

supposedly early access for everybody starts tomorrow, gonna buy and download then.

I'm probably just retarded, but I never finished the first one. The story was lame and the combat never made sense to me.

Alright, played for a few hours and managed to escape the starting area.

Not much in the way of bugs right now that I can see. The camera can be fairly annoying sometimes and you will have to manually rotate it. There is also no voice acting for any of the characters yet.

The initial difficulty spike is nuts. I struggled with combat and reloaded quite a lot until I figured out that the devs were pushing more non combat resolutions as opposed to just murdering everything.

The starting area design is really cool and was clearly designed to be played in multiplayer or co-op (things still work fine in single player). You can create a custom character with no back story or you can pick one of the preset characters (although you can basically still fully customize them except their name). You can pick up the preset characters you did not pick around the prison at the start. Each character has a different agenda and it affects the way you complete quests. For example I picked the elf assassin character at the start and she essentially has a kill list of people on the island. One of my targets was a guy who was smuggling drugs, which another member of my party was addicted to. I assume if I picked the druggie to start with I would get a totally different resolution to that particular quest. In terms of escaping the prison, I saw at least 6 different ways to get past the guards and outside with a lot of optional fights or ability to sneak past, pickpocket or persuade my way though. If I had to sum it up, I would say the whole thing felt like a level of Hitman : blood money in RPG form.

So yeah its fucking cool, I would recommend it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Alright, played for a few hours and managed to escape the starting area.

Not much in the way of bugs right now that I can see. The camera can be fairly annoying sometimes and you will have to manually rotate it. There is also no voice acting for any of the characters yet.

The initial difficulty spike is nuts. I struggled with combat and reloaded quite a lot until I figured out that the devs were pushing more non combat resolutions as opposed to just murdering everything.

The starting area design is really cool and was clearly designed to be played in multiplayer or co-op (things still work fine in single player). You can create a custom character with no back story or you can pick one of the preset characters (although you can basically still fully customize them except their name). You can pick up the preset characters you did not pick around the prison at the start. Each character has a different agenda and it affects the way you complete quests. For example I picked the elf assassin character at the start and she essentially has a kill list of people on the island. One of my targets was a guy who was smuggling drugs, which another member of my party was addicted to. I assume if I picked the druggie to start with I would get a totally different resolution to that particular quest. In terms of escaping the prison, I saw at least 6 different ways to get past the guards and outside with a lot of optional fights or ability to sneak past, pickpocket or persuade my way though. If I had to sum it up, I would say the whole thing felt like a level of Hitman : blood money in RPG form.

So yeah its fucking cool, I would recommend it as is.
    Thx for the writeup. The first one was really really hard to begin with as well.

Seems a definite buy for me but I'll wait until it's finished.

Anyone going to trial this in MP?

I hear from shaftoes' post and the prior content that there'll be some pretty fucking hilarious PvP moments during quest resolutions without breaking the party, although I've still yet to finish the MP game I've had going all this time of DoS Enhanced because of my awful habit of walking madora (who's inventory is literally full to her weight limit with special barrels and grenades) into all sort of shitty traps and watching her resist death, cue rage. If I can sweep up a couple of other people to run this with 4 of us, it should be utterly glorious, if not we'll just run two characters each again, no biggy.

I mean, I'm buying it without question as soon as it comes up on steam, and I'll wander around in singleplayer too, but I'll wait for the full release to actually play it, because I want the full experience etc etc.
    Will hopefully also be similarly set up for combat enough that the goddamn beautiful job we've got going on there can carry us through quests we cant work out the right way to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Anyone going to trial this in MP?

I hear from shaftoes' post and the prior content that there'll be some pretty fucking hilarious PvP moments during quest resolutions without breaking the party, although I've still yet to finish the MP game I've had going all this time of DoS Enhanced because of my awful habit of walking madora (who's inventory is literally full to her weight limit with special barrels and grenades) into all sort of shitty traps and watching her resist death, cue rage. If I can sweep up a couple of other people to run this with 4 of us, it should be utterly glorious, if not we'll just run two characters each again, no biggy.

I mean, I'm buying it without question as soon as it comes up on steam, and I'll wander around in singleplayer too, but I'll wait for the full release to actually play it, because I want the full experience etc etc.
    Will hopefully also be similarly set up for combat enough that the goddamn beautiful job we've got going on there can carry us through quests we cant work out the right way to do.
    It's on Early Access now for 30. I'm definitely up for some MP stuff as never did it in the last one.

Also I've never played Enhanced edition either, is it significantly different?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I'm probably just retarded, but I never finished the first one. The story was lame and the combat never made sense to me.
    yes

(you are retarded)

I'm way up for MP shenanigans, should be free this weekend.

Bought it the moment someone said it was darker and more adult than the first one
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

this just in, multiplayer co-op is HILARIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    Yeah been watching a coop let's play and it's pretty funny. I'll probably get it to have a laugh after I get back from a business trip at end of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    Yeah been watching a coop let's play and it's pretty funny. I'll probably get it to have a laugh after I get back from a business trip at end of September.
    watched a coop of some particularly special people i follow on youtube and it's fucking amazing

its a really great game

Looting comrades' inventory is go.

Thanks bent.

So yeah, did MP with NH, Deebs, and Spasm. Hilarious times.

1) Highlights were us randomly having to kill a poor elf and attempting to kill her child, while NH runs off and dies to turtles mid-murder, almost immediately at game start. This is after spasm tried to murder the first child we met.

2) Me randomly succeeding to get the collar off as a reward for killing the rest of the team in a fight club, then IMMEDIATELY being caught without the collar and thrown in jail by the guards, leading to a hilarious jailbreak on my end and failed jail infiltration by NH and Deebs.

3) The many, many deaths due to stupid shit.

4) Rampant cannibalism, like everywhere.

5) Gleeful torture (by me) while the rest of the team gets in not one but 2 separate fights and all die.

Any more?

Generally speaking the game plays really well, loving the mechanics so far. Some spells and traits (Warlord jesus christ) seem ridiculously overpowered, but it's early access so w/e. Only 1 truly annoying gold bug found so far.
    Last edited by Bentguru; September 19 2016 at 04:57:46 AM.

sounds like a mustbuy tbh

wtb team
    Last edited by RazoR; September 19 2016 at 05:13:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    sounds like a mustbuy tbh

wtb team
    Not empty quoting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Will be buying for top lols