hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quake Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Still no invite for this
    Thought I was the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

best gf ever fucking signed up for the cbt without telling me and when she got an invite code yesterday she gave it to me!

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    best gf ever fucking signed up for the cbt without telling me and when she got an invite code yesterday she gave it to me!
    Ping me your in game name in a PM. will catch a game or 2 with ya.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    Ping me your in game name in a PM. will catch a game or 2 with ya.
    aye mon it's 56klagman but GL getting the timezones right, I wont be playing for another 10 hours or so. UTC -8 is where I'm at

phoneposting

Smuggo
    Still no code myself

Y u hate me Bethesda?

Still no code myself

Y u hate me Bethesda?
    If they send me one I'll give it to you blood

phoneposting

I signed up but didn't get a code from Bethesda, but then someone from Planetside had like 5 extra somehow and gave me one. O_o

Had a good time playing for a few hours this evening. Playing a lot of TF2 lately has sharpened me a bit but I'm suffering with the rocket launcher. I'm way too used to the substantial lead I have to put on rockets from TF2, also I always lead where my first rocket would have bounced the enemy but that is completely out the window in Quake, splash damage is essentially non existent on the RL too.

Got a nice ks with the railgun though in one match, kd is sitting at around 0.6

phoneposting

The loading times are atrocious, especially on game launch, never had this kind of problems in other modern games.
    i7-2600, 8GB RAM, ATI 7850 2GB GDDR5, admittedly no SSD though.

Also, advice on which video settings can be sacrificed to get better performance with minimal eyecandy loss?
    Windowl1cker [THXFC] <REKTD>

Smuggo
    Is it not using the Doom engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The loading times are atrocious, especially on game launch, never had this kind of problems in other modern games.

Also, advice on which video settings can be sacrificed to get better performance with minimal eyecandy loss?
    Load times are atrocious across the board, yes it's doom but I recall the menus in Doom being very clunky too. Hopefully this is one of their priorities as we shouldn't have to wait 5 minutes to get into a 5 minute game.

In terms of gameplay it feels a bit sluggish to me, I don't remember arena shooters feeling this slow. That's probably just because I'm using the slower classes though, haven't tried nyx of the hoverboard prick yet

phoneposting

Smuggo

Load times are atrocious across the board, yes it's doom but I recall the menus in Doom being very clunky too. Hopefully this is one of their priorities as we shouldn't have to wait 5 minutes to get into a 5 minute game.

In terms of gameplay it feels a bit sluggish to me, I don't remember arena shooters feeling this slow. That's probably just because I'm using the slower classes though, haven't tried nyx of the hoverboard prick yet
    I meant more general performance. Doom has amazing performance. Looks great and runs at a rock solid 60fps with everything maxed.

I meant more general performance. Doom has amazing performance. Looks great and runs at a rock solid 60fps with everything maxed.
    Ah ok well this runs like garbage at times with bad stuttering for the first minute or so after a game starts (fps is high but I get stutters and freezes regardless), i5 and 1050ti which runs Doom on all ultra with lowered aliasing at 1080p. They have some optimisation to do but I will say this much, I'm using a HDD and I think id software are being cheeky with the expectations they're putting on read speeds from storage devices because this is two of their games that I've heard no problems from people with SSDs but I get all sorts of stuttering when transitioning scenes/menus

phoneposting

Downloading
    Literally signed up for the beta last weekend
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Smuggo
    Ah ok, you not SSD or just not wanting to use the space?

Ah ok, you not SSD or just not wanting to use the space?
    no lad my current PC was salvaged from work, I slapped a few extra fans in it along with a 1050ti and called it a day. The HDD it came with sounds like it is dying so SSD will probably go in soon

phoneposting

Played two rounds, wow that game. It was with the default champion (normal quake speed I guess), felt good. Such speed, such pace. I like it (I know, just 2 games, but it felt very much like quake)
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Played two rounds, wow that game. It was with the default champion (normal quake speed I guess), felt good. Such speed, such pace. I like it (I know, just 2 games, but it felt very much like quake)
    You can telefrag people with his F ball thing, try keep it ready for when the quad damage spawns then just telefrag into it. There's a tougher character who can charge into people as his special. I managed to charge and kill two people on the quad damage then automatically picked up the quad and charged right out of the room. Proceeded to fuck everyone about then which was awesome.

phoneposting

You can telefrag people with his F ball thing, try keep it ready for when the quad damage spawns then just telefrag into it. There's a tougher character who can charge into people as his special. I managed to charge and kill two people on the quad damage then automatically picked up the quad and charged right out of the room. Proceeded to fuck everyone about then which was awesome.
    I saw that I have enough cash to unlock one more champion, how do I get more and / or should I read up on them and figure out which one fits my playstyle?

I saw that I have enough cash to unlock one more champion, how do I get more and / or should I read up on them and figure out which one fits my playstyle?
    To buy them you click on the store icon on the top left of the home screen. I would watch some preview videos and look through the CBT forum, I've no idea what the high ranked people are playing but I've mainly seen the big robot, the scaley dude, the dinosaur and the hoverboard prick. Dinosaur looks nice and I kind of wish I picked him

EDIT: misread question sorry, you can dismantle skins to make the red points and I think those are used to buy new characters. Use the middle currency (The green one? You get them free from each match) to buy loot crates, the drops from them can sometimes be sold for red points which in turn can be used to buy characters and also reskin weapons (For example you can buy the Quake 2 rocket launcher for 200 red points)

EDIT Again: If I get b& for leaking cbt information to help you play this game I'm gonna fuck you mate
    Last edited by 56k Lagman; April 29 2017 at 12:34:27 AM.

phoneposting