hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 118

Thread: Quake Champions

  1. #21
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,425
    played this beta, its good apart from all the new stuff they've added like classes with abilitys, which are fairly shit

  2. #22
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,593
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    played this beta, its good apart from all the new stuff they've added like classes with abilitys, which are fairly shit
    Can be turned off for normal games can't they? Or so I heard

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,317
    But then what's the point, just play the quakes that are still around.

  4. #24
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    But then what's the point, just play the quakes that are still around.
    They are pretty dead unfortunately.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    But then what's the point, just play the quakes that are still around.
    They are pretty dead unfortunately.
    Ah, yes, which of course means the new one should be 100% the same as all the ones which are dead and people don't feel like playing.

    Perfect logic.

    (exaggerating a bit here as i understand perfectly why you'd want a mode without the new stuff, but that's what some of the whining about this one's been sounding like)
    Last edited by Isyel; April 15 2017 at 04:07:55 AM.

  6. #26
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    But then what's the point, just play the quakes that are still around.
    They are pretty dead unfortunately.
    Ah, yes, which of course means the new one should be 100% the same as all the ones which are dead and people don't feel like playing.

    Perfect logic.

    (exaggerating a bit here as i understand perfectly why you'd want a mode without the new stuff, but that's what some of the whining about this one's been sounding like)
    They are dead because they are almost 20 years old at this point not that their mechanics are bad. Hell quake one is fucking 21 years old

  7. #27

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    But then what's the point, just play the quakes that are still around.
    They are pretty dead unfortunately.
    Ah, yes, which of course means the new one should be 100% the same as all the ones which are dead and people don't feel like playing.

    Perfect logic.

    (exaggerating a bit here as i understand perfectly why you'd want a mode without the new stuff, but that's what some of the whining about this one's been sounding like)
    They are dead because they are almost 20 years old at this point not that their mechanics are bad. Hell quake one is fucking 21 years old
    Didn't they do that Quake Live thing?

    And it's not about the mechanics being bad.

  8. #28
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    played this beta, its good apart from all the new stuff they've added like classes with abilitys, which are fairly shit
    Can be turned off for normal games can't they? Or so I heard

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    not in the beta they cant, maybe they will be turned off in custom modes in the full game, not sure.

    the worst thing about the classes is that they all have different movement speed, and it feels really fucking awful playing a low movement speed character in quake.

    i think if the game is going to have a serious competitive scene they will either decide on a class and only play that (probably the guy with proper strafe jumping) or there will have to be a gamemode without the classes. especially if theres to be any duels gamemode an as some classes are just going to be broken there.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    980
    woot. am in. :-)
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  10. #30

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    980
    Wish i could talk about this beyond the NDA. FFS bethesda. am enjoying it though despite sucking hard.

    Willits talks about the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY-LCo_S1u0
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  11. #31
    Tordin Varglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,206
    Classes are straight up retarded. Other than that, it's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

  12. #32
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,425
    Pretty much my thoughts

  13. #33

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post
    Classes are straight up retarded. Other than that, it's good.
    Originally thought this myself, but after a weekend of spamming rockets, i am really in to the whole champions thing. I have favourites and ones i dont like, and i am not feeling massive rage about balance at the scrub end of the scale. its easily the best area based game ive played in a long time (not hard given the only recent one is unreal in beta and that is utter trash). Its a lot faster than the videos as well and i like that - makes something like overwatch seem like wading through mud.

    again, fucking NDA - very much wish i could speak openly and freely about it without the chance of getting banned.
    Last edited by Trindermon; April 23 2017 at 04:39:44 PM.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  14. #34

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,317
    That's pretty much what i heard from various people who played it for a longer period of time tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    not hard given the only recent one is unreal in beta and that is utter trash
    Um, you what? It's pretty much just like the old one and pretty good from all i hear?

    Unless you're planning on resurrecting the old Q3A vs. UT bullshittery in which case feel free not to answer. :P

  15. #35
    Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3, 2014
    Location
    HORDE
    Posts
    122
    Diabotical beta testers are p.mad about this in discord. James seems a tad butturt too.
    I'd just be happy if either of these games will succeed as an esport, really tired of dota and sc2 is dead.
    Windowl1cker [THXFC] <REKTD>

  16. #36

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Unless you're planning on resurrecting the old Q3A vs. UT bullshittery in which case feel free not to answer. :P
    Haha, you caught me man... that said, i was but hurt about the state of Q2 after Q1; am old and bitter ;-)
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  17. #37

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Unless you're planning on resurrecting the old Q3A vs. UT bullshittery in which case feel free not to answer. :P
    Haha, you caught me man... that said, i was but hurt about the state of Q2 after Q1; am old and bitter ;-)
    :P I personally was one of those horrible people who much preferred UT to Quake so there we go.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Unless you're planning on resurrecting the old Q3A vs. UT bullshittery in which case feel free not to answer. :P
    Haha, you caught me man... that said, i was but hurt about the state of Q2 after Q1; am old and bitter ;-)
    :P I personally was one of those horrible people who much preferred UT to Quake so there we go.
    They were both excellent if you ask me. I just sat on the other side of the fence to you. And ultimately, whilst i was a dick earlier about the new unreal anything that brings late 90s shooters back to the fore is a good thing. My problem with epic is the whole "come visit our eco system launcher" thing they have going on (especially so they can throw paragon down your neck). Re new unreal, i was always a quake fan over unreal, but i enjoyed the old unreal games, the new one i am not a fan of, its just not got a soul (thats retarded but i dont know how else to put it).
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  19. #39
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Still no invite for this

  20. #40
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,425
    probably saw your aim in other games

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •