hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamescon Video Related Hype Generation Attempts

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Hopefully the role of AI pilot can be taken over by co-op player with multi-crew, once they implement that one.
    That and 2 fighters.

2 fighters and a main ship seems much better.

That way you could have you + friend + ai

the ai talks to you btw, big thing for me.

Is anyone here alligned to the federation? I'm bounty hunting grinding but its a bit boring alone.

I just started playing a bit again (basically, just last weekend). Got into space trucking for the first time (AI handed my ass to me in my good old Vulture), 64t Asp Explorer on Sotis legal stuff run. Got some money and fitted a Python. My best standing is with Federation, but not very high (Cadet maybe?).
    Hiro Cor

Smuggo
    I thought about playing but I'm some 400+ LY from inhabited space so will be proper looooooong to get back.

Let's group up?

I'm right near (1-2 jumps from) Rhea, its the felicia winters staging system.

I've got a system with shitloads of resource extraction sites, one of which is (high) 12ly away from the station

I'm making a solid 2 mill/h easy but could do more. Its just boring on my own after a while. takes 30 seconds to go back to station for w.e

I really want the Federal Corvette.

Ok. Ive only got the basic Elite Dangerous game. No expansions. So what does that mean I'm missing out on?

Can my conda still be viable without all the fancy engineered shields / weps / etc?

Is making decent money now dependant on expansions?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Ok. Ive only got the basic Elite Dangerous game. No expansions. So what does that mean I'm missing out on?

Can my conda still be viable without all the fancy engineered shields / weps / etc?

IIRC landing on planets and the crafting system are the notable omissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

IIRC landing on planets and the crafting system are the notable omissions.
    I don't have it either. Although I often pick up loot whilst I'm waiting for spawns, loot that apparently doesn't take up any cargo space???? and is used by engineers??? that I can't visit. Fun.

I might be on tonight. Gf is at home all day tho and will probs expect me to do something with her, probarbly watch man in high castle. and get high.

I don't have it either.
    Hiro Cor

Fuck this lets group up then. We probs all want the Federation Assault Ship or Corvettes right?

Plan is to bounty the cash up and then go to.... Sothis? to donate shiloads on charity missions and get rank.

Yeah.

Lets use ingame voice too cause it adds space effects n shit and it sounds so fucking cool.

lol. Almost lost my conda to 3 elite Imp Couriers. Didnt think theyd pose any threat as they are tiny. Seems AI changes have been made since I last played.

Shield recharge sooo slooooow now you cant regens sheilds to 100% by waking out and back in again.

Build rethink is underway.

want to play but moving house. later in september i can

OK, I've put it down on paper this time.
    I'm doing Sothis trucking and it took me some time (like weekend) to get to this point. I have brand new Python with 100t cargo and ~500LY max range fully loaded. I've picked up 6 cargo missions in Sothis and the grand total is 20M space bucks for ~30 jumps, which took me about 40 minutes (with several interceptions and one actual kill of the attacker, I didn't fit guns on this...).

I think this is good money, but Asp Explorer was better setup, it could do 60t with ~450LY max range fully loaded in 20 jumps (missions you get are ~400LY, never above 430LY).

Also, be aware that Ceos (system connected with missions to Sothis) is currently nerfed up somehow, missions and fitting are disabled and next station with fitting is 100 LY away. The required standings are not too hard to gain and I really don't like the meta with switching game modes (open/solo) to be able to pick up enough missions to fill cargo, especially with cherry picking (you can get same amount of money, for example 3M for either 15t or 60t of cargo, depends on the roll). And open play is not really possible, the docking spots are clogged and I would expect some griefers lurking about (haven't seen any, I haul in solo).
    Hiro Cor

That is good money. Is the Sothis run purely space based? no ground landing?

That is good money. Is the Sothis run purely space based? no ground landing?
    Yes. As mentioned, I don't have expansion. Also, this is all purely legal stuff. Smuggling can go double, but RNG on the missions don't give them often, or like last night, it gave several after I was full. Before that there were few but with like 500K per mission, so I figured there was something broken. The additional problem with smuggling is that you don't know where you are going beforehand. The mission is usually "take this and go to Ceos for further instructions" and when you jump there you get destination.
    Last edited by Corwyna; August 23 2016 at 08:15:17 AM.
    Hiro Cor

I'm doing Sothis trucking and it took me some time (like weekend) to get to this point. I have brand new Python with 100t cargo and ~500LY max range fully loaded. I've picked up 6 cargo missions in Sothis and the grand total is 20M space bucks for ~30 jumps, which took me about 40 minutes (with several interceptions and one actual kill of the attacker, I didn't fit guns on this...).

I think this is good money, but Asp Explorer was better setup, it could do 60t with ~450LY max range fully loaded in 20 jumps (missions you get are ~400LY, never above 430LY).

Also, be aware that Ceos (system connected with missions to Sothis) is currently nerfed up somehow, missions and fitting are disabled and next station with fitting is 100 LY away. The required standings are not too hard to gain and I really don't like the meta with switching game modes (open/solo) to be able to pick up enough missions to fill cargo, especially with cherry picking (you can get same amount of money, for example 3M for either 15t or 60t of cargo, depends on the roll). And open play is not really possible, the docking spots are clogged and I would expect some griefers lurking about (haven't seen any, I haul in solo).
    That money is really good.

So after reading your post I could do this with the following:

a) Get to Sotis
    b) Asp Explorer
    c) Switch game modes to cherry pick missions, 3m for 15t much better than 3m for 60t
    d) Haul in Solo Play

Am I missing anything? I really want an Anaconda, and a Federation Navy Corvette.

Smuggo
    Was reading about stuff coming and stuff added more recently and will probably dust this off this week and fly back to the bubble. Need a space fix and don't want to accidentally Eve Online.

don't want to accidentally Eve Online.

So much this. I had a few friends on a teamspeak trying to talk me into it a couple weekends ago.

Nope.

Lets group up tho this game gets tedious alone, we could achieve great things.

Unlike last night where I saw a spawn of 4 wanted Anacondas and waited for 3 of them to jump out, then tried to take the last one alone and failed in my vulture.

400k later. Lesson Learned, wait for the Po Po.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post

a) Get to Sotis
    b) Asp Explorer
    c) Switch game modes to cherry pick missions, 3m for 15t much better than 3m for 60t
    d) Haul in Solo Play

Am I missing anything? I really want an Anaconda, and a Federation Navy Corvette.
    Yeah, that is what I did. I'm no pro and I didn't make a science out of this, there might be better ways. I found this fit and went to Sothis, I operate from docks, not station, but that is just because of easier docking, station might work just as well (see, I really didn't do my homework).

With Asp fit the laden jump range is important because you can do the full run in one stretch without refuelling in 20-22 jumps. As said, missions are between 400 and 450 LY. Destinations are always grouped in 3-5 jumps range around Hel, but it's nice to pick the ones ending at same station.

There are 2 limiting factors on mission, the standing and the traders rank.

I'm currently at Broker rank, I had first or maybe second rank when I started this gig on Saturday.

Standing can be mass spammed by collecting as many as possible data transfer missions in Sothis and they all go to only station in Ceos. But even staring fresh there should be sufficient cargo missions and they should give decent money from get go. I did few smuggling missions too, mixed with regular cargo, but they did not show that often or were locked behind higher standing. When I did get them, I did those first because of security scans.

The mode jumping is the most annoying part. From what I've seen the open and solo play get different mission sets. If you switch fast solo->open->solo, the solo will have same missions available, there is some kind of delay for new set, I did not explore this in detail. From what I've seen so far the private session have separate set of missions from open and solo, not only that but each private session has its own set (I have 3 private sessions).

Good cargo mission is ~2M or more for 15t. (100-130 K per tonne) They come in different tonnages, from 4-6t to 60t or above. The worst part is getting the right mission to match the cargo-hold full...

For the return runs I would use Single Route Finder just to fill cargo, but this in turn adds number of jumps, so your mileage may vary and there is no much money in it, just cover the fuel and bit extra.

That is basically all I know about it.
    Hiro Cor

a) Get to Sotis
    b) Asp Explorer
    d) Haul in Solo Play

Yeah, that is what I did. I'm no pro and I didn't make a science out of this, there might be better ways. I found this fit and went to Sothis, I operate from docks, not station, but that is just because of easier docking, station might work just as well (see, I really didn't do my homework).

With Asp fit the laden jump range is important because you can do the full run in one stretch without refuelling in 20-22 jumps. As said, missions are between 400 and 450 LY. Destinations are always grouped in 3-5 jumps range around Hel, but it's nice to pick the ones ending at same station.

There are 2 limiting factors on mission, the standing and the traders rank.

I'm currently at Broker rank, I had first or maybe second rank when I started this gig on Saturday.

Standing can be mass spammed by collecting as many as possible data transfer missions in Sothis and they all go to only station in Ceos. But even staring fresh there should be sufficient cargo missions and they should give decent money from get go. I did few smuggling missions too, mixed with regular cargo, but they did not show that often or were locked behind higher standing. When I did get them, I did those first because of security scans.

The mode jumping is the most annoying part. From what I've seen the open and solo play get different mission sets. If you switch fast solo->open->solo, the solo will have same missions available, there is some kind of delay for new set, I did not explore this in detail. From what I've seen so far the private session have separate set of missions from open and solo, not only that but each private session has its own set (I have 3 private sessions).

Good cargo mission is ~2M or more for 15t. (100-130 K per tonne) They come in different tonnages, from 4-6t to 60t or above. The worst part is getting the right mission to match the cargo-hold full...

For the return runs I would use Single Route Finder just to fill cargo, but this in turn adds number of jumps, so your mileage may vary and there is no much money in it, just cover the fuel and bit extra.

That is basically all I know about it.
    Do you not fuel scoop then?

Smuggo
    don't want to accidentally Eve Online.

So much this. I had a few friends on a teamspeak trying to talk me into it a couple weekends ago.

Nope.

Lets group up tho this game gets tedious alone, we could achieve great things.

Unlike last night where I saw a spawn of 4 wanted Anacondas and waited for 3 of them to jump out, then tried to take the last one alone and failed in my vulture.

400k later. Lesson Learned, wait for the Po Po.
    maybe if we can do some vehicle racing.