hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: AT14 rules

  1. #21
    jimmychrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31, 2011
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Why wouldn't they encourage cunts to bring their shiny ships, idgi
    it does make things a bit less about buying the winning setup and more about skill i suppose. maybe?
    if you're buying a winning setup you're going to lose

  2. #22
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Why wouldn't they encourage cunts to bring their shiny ships, idgi
    Cause they are op as fuck, and if you are good at the AT you are swimming in isk. At the higher levels AT ships win games. So to win you need AT ships, if you win you get more AT ships, which you use again to win and so on. To compete you NEED to be able to field AT ships.

    At some point teams become so similar that skill or whatever cant really make up for it anymore and bling wins.


    Just look at them, silver magnate is a super vengeance on steroids, malice is a tankier curse for less points, etana is a super logi, fiends are basicely unkillable and do BS damage, cambions do t1 cruiser dps and so on and forth, all for few points. You end up at a Formula 1 esque tournamnet where the only way to win is to have won before or to be extremely rich.

    Eve tournaments are ridiculously profitable if you are good. (to be honest they are extremely good isk even if you arent, as long as you win 3 or 4 matches youll make a lot of isk)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  3. #23
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    So having actually looked at the rules, i just love how ccp realized how shit blood raiders are on TQ by making all of them 2 points cheaper then their other ships, which is funny cause the cruor is actually quite good. (bhaal is alright too)

    First impressions, ideas etc:

    1:Pirate BS
    2:Pirate BS
    3:CS
    4:T2 logi frig
    5:T2 logi frig
    6:Svipul
    7:Svipul
    8:Confessor/jackdaw
    9:Confessor/jackdaw
    10:Ponti/stork

    (either baghests or vindies)

    and nowwhat i think will be the best setup in the tourny:

    Floon
    Floon
    Phoon
    CS
    t2 logi frig
    t2 logi frig
    svipul
    svipul
    cruor/tristan
    cruor/tristan

    (or 2 eafs + 2 crucifier or something), this is also a capable semitinker cause the logi frigs + rep bots are immortal and rep bots + self rep setups probably are as well if t2 logi frigs are applied. Can also work by going svipul>harpy and going shield for barghest barghest + t1 bs.

    Removal of cap transfers means shield logi that arent scimis are taking a dive, massive nerf to the 2 scorp navy, barghest, widow etc + basi/etana semi tinkers, but rep frigs will pull this back. Im thinking that well see far more shield logi frigs (t2) then regular logi, you can get a medium rep and a 10mn onto a t2 shield logi frigs making them almost unkillable with links and tanking very good amounts.


    The old double floon setups will also be most likely making a comeback:

    Floon
    Floon
    Eos
    Oneiros
    svipul
    svipul
    confessor
    confessor
    crucifier
    cruor/tristan


    I think well see cruors everywhere in armor, they are too strong for 2 points, web bonus makes them very good for screening and their neuts really powerfull, especially if we see a meta of t2 logi frigs.


    Obviously, rlmls will be super strong again, probably stronger then they used to cause tinkers seem gone at first glance, if they can kill logi frigs this comp will be absurdly strong:

    orthrus
    orthrus
    cerb
    cerb
    scimi
    claymore
    jackdaw
    flycatcher
    keres/sentinel
    keres/sentinel

    (if you field this, or a similar setups, ALWAYS go for the logi first, never ever dont)
    now, depending on the meta well see either sentinels/crucifiers here or keres/maulus, sebo changes massively nerf damps and missiles are hardcapped with range, gd spam will always take care of them, turrets dont hit at range but missiles do and a kiting setups will always be at range, hence gds being very probable here.


    Other setups are the double mach instead of double floon setups (downgrading confessors to afs), machs do more sustained dps and arent as weak to screening as vindies are, so they win BS brawls more. On the shield side double nightmare might also work for similar reasons, the neuts are going to be quite strong.


    Then obviously we have the arty setups and minnie or gal rush (double cs + logi + either hacs, hics or a bs and svipuls).


    What would be interesting is how tanky you can make floons/phoons with double rep + t2 logi frigs, you might be able to semitinker in some way, same with xlsb shield bs.


    Interesting are as always the all in kinda setups:

    Barghest
    Barghest
    Floon
    Floon
    vigil
    hyena
    hyena
    stork
    rookie ship


    or for a more lets burst a bs rather then lets go for the logi

    barghest
    barghest
    floon
    floon
    burst
    burst
    hyena
    vigil
    bomber
    bomber



    This is going to be the t2 logi frig tournament i think.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; July 28 2016 at 10:32:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  4. #24
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    So having actually looked at the rules, i just love how ccp realized how shit blood raiders are on TQ by making all of them 2 points cheaper then their other ships, which is funny cause the cruor is actually quite good. (bhaal is alright too)
    The entire theme of the event is Blood Raiders, and officially the reason the point cost is lower is to encourage more BR ships. Though whether this is (also) related to the utility of BR ships I make no claims.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  5. #25
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    I think well see endless cruors, maybe a few barghests too. And 0 ashimuus.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  6. #26

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,210
    https://community.eveonline.com/news...n-and-seeding/
    With the secret auction having closed, we can now announce the winning PLEX bids for the remaining 8 slots in Alliance Tournament XIV.

    Alliance Bid
    Vydra Relolded 207
    Northern Coalition. 146
    League of Unaligned Master Pilots 130
    Brave Collective 125
    Curatores Veritatis Alliance 90
    Feign Disorder 90
    Snuffed Out 82
    Rote Kapelle 81
    Here's the bracket for the tournament: http://challonge.com/tournaments/bra...ref=5VL5yCtGub

    The standout match of the early stages, for me at least, is Vydra versus Exodus in round two - both teams will be strong contenders for a place on the final day, and neither will want to be dumped into the loser's bracket early on, so they'll both probably have to break out some interesting things. There's also the possibility of a Shadow Cartel/Snuff grudge match in round 3, which would be fun if both teams go for it.

  7. #27
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    https://community.eveonline.com/news...n-and-seeding/
    With the secret auction having closed, we can now announce the winning PLEX bids for the remaining 8 slots in Alliance Tournament XIV.

    Alliance Bid
    Vydra Relolded 207
    Northern Coalition. 146
    League of Unaligned Master Pilots 130
    Brave Collective 125
    Curatores Veritatis Alliance 90
    Feign Disorder 90
    Snuffed Out 82
    Rote Kapelle 81
    Here's the bracket for the tournament: http://challonge.com/tournaments/bra...ref=5VL5yCtGub

    The standout match of the early stages, for me at least, is Vydra versus Exodus in round two - both teams will be strong contenders for a place on the final day, and neither will want to be dumped into the loser's bracket early on, so they'll both probably have to break out some interesting things. There's also the possibility of a Shadow Cartel/Snuff grudge match in round 3, which would be fun if both teams go for it.
    Holy crap. That's nearly 900B in PLEXes just for those 8 slots. I take this as a good sign that this year's tournament will be a good one.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  8. #28
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    Lowlife.
    Posts
    7,468
    Holy fuck we're so poor


  9. #29
    Tyrehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    [STUGH] Rote Kapelle
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    https://community.eveonline.com/news...n-and-seeding/
    With the secret auction having closed, we can now announce the winning PLEX bids for the remaining 8 slots in Alliance Tournament XIV.

    Alliance Bid
    Vydra Relolded 207
    Northern Coalition. 146
    League of Unaligned Master Pilots 130
    Brave Collective 125
    Curatores Veritatis Alliance 90
    Feign Disorder 90
    Snuffed Out 82
    Rote Kapelle 81
    Here's the bracket for the tournament: http://challonge.com/tournaments/bra...ref=5VL5yCtGub

    The standout match of the early stages, for me at least, is Vydra versus Exodus in round two - both teams will be strong contenders for a place on the final day, and neither will want to be dumped into the loser's bracket early on, so they'll both probably have to break out some interesting things. There's also the possibility of a Shadow Cartel/Snuff grudge match in round 3, which would be fun if both teams go for it.
    Holy crap. That's nearly 900B in PLEXes just for those 8 slots. I take this as a good sign that this year's tournament will be a good one.
    Rote Kapelle with the *cough* most efficient bet.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

  10. #30
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what was vydra thinking
    If they win about 7 matches they made money of it just off the skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  11. #31
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what was vydra thinking
    If they win about 7 matches they made money of it just off the skins.
    so get to prize ships?
    I mean im sure they dont need the isk but they just threw away basically a titan for no gain
    Titans are shit anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #32
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what was vydra thinking
    If they win about 7 matches they made money of it just off the skins.
    so get to prize ships?
    I mean im sure they dont need the isk but they just threw away basically a titan for no gain
    Each of the "get 10 per won match" skins is worth about 3billion or so, + all the plex are shared amongst the top 32 and the top 16 (1 and 2 shares each), so if you win 2 times you get about 75 billion for your corp. Top 3 or 4 is worth about 1 trillion or so and first or second obviously is a lot more. + every win is 30 bil+ more.


    Also, if you are serious about the AT you can bet a lot safer then outside people, which can make you seriously rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  13. #33
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what was vydra thinking
    If they win about 7 matches they made money of it just off the skins.
    so get to prize ships?
    I mean im sure they dont need the isk but they just threw away basically a titan for no gain
    Each of the "get 10 per won match" skins is worth about 3billion or so, + all the plex are shared amongst the top 32 and the top 16 (1 and 2 shares each), so if you win 2 times you get about 75 billion for your corp. Top 3 or 4 is worth about 1 trillion or so and first or second obviously is a lot more. + every win is 30 bil+ more.


    Also, if you are serious about the AT you can bet a lot safer then outside people, which can make you seriously rich.
    none of this changes that they massively overbid to get in the AT
    They think they have a good chance at top 4 or so, hence the big buy in (they are a bunch of genos and old darkside players afaik), if you are fine using etanas etc in the tourney (like some of them did last year) making sure they get in is more important then isk.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  14. #34
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

    none of this changes that they massively overbid to get in the AT
    None of my characters made it that far.

  15. #35
    roigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24, 2012
    Location
    c4mel, Ostingele
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

    none of this changes that they massively overbid to get in the AT
    None of my characters made it that far.
    Don't worry quacks, next year you can be on my team.

    Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

  16. #36
    SelinaHavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19, 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what was vydra thinking
    If they win about 7 matches they made money of it just off the skins.
    so get to prize ships?
    I mean im sure they dont need the isk but they just threw away basically a titan for no gain
    Each of the "get 10 per won match" skins is worth about 3billion or so, + all the plex are shared amongst the top 32 and the top 16 (1 and 2 shares each), so if you win 2 times you get about 75 billion for your corp. Top 3 or 4 is worth about 1 trillion or so and first or second obviously is a lot more. + every win is 30 bil+ more.


    Also, if you are serious about the AT you can bet a lot safer then outside people, which can make you seriously rich.
    none of this changes that they massively overbid to get in the AT
    no poors pls
    Hi


  17. #37
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SelinaHavoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what was vydra thinking
    If they win about 7 matches they made money of it just off the skins.
    so get to prize ships?
    I mean im sure they dont need the isk but they just threw away basically a titan for no gain
    Each of the "get 10 per won match" skins is worth about 3billion or so, + all the plex are shared amongst the top 32 and the top 16 (1 and 2 shares each), so if you win 2 times you get about 75 billion for your corp. Top 3 or 4 is worth about 1 trillion or so and first or second obviously is a lot more. + every win is 30 bil+ more.


    Also, if you are serious about the AT you can bet a lot safer then outside people, which can make you seriously rich.
    none of this changes that they massively overbid to get in the AT
    no poors pls
    quality weed posting
    So, did you make it into the AT team duck?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •