hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 122 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4072

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VII - Something Something Title

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    People who fuck around at work are asking for career problems. It's not a "1 in 100" issue its a "50:50" issue that it will blow up in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

If you are giving advice on what people should do without any real experience of what happens, then you deserve to be patronised.
    You are 100% assuming about the amount of my 'real experience', you do realise that? Btw., several years of working in schools here myself.

If you are 'giving advice' which more seems to be the desire to use someone elses experience and superimpose your own traumatic experience of a worst possible outcome onto a different situation in a very generalising way and to use it as an argumentative crutch to talk about yourself, you deserve to be ridiculed?

Btw., not in the mood to dig up statistics now, but iirc about 20-25% of long term relationships/marriages start at work...

People who fuck around at work are asking for career problems. It's not a "1 in 100" issue its a "50:50" issue that it will blow up in some way.
    I am generally an incredibly overly cautious person, and generally agree...but do we even know that he is "fucking around"? Ending up in bed together after a work christmas party isn't really the definition of professionalism, but then it is also really not an uncommon occurrence, and I'd wager a guess that the vast majority of these events ends without a complete fallout etc.

Now, actively trying to 'fuck around' at work, that is something completely different. And on that note, let me just point out that he got approached by her for scantily clad yoga, not the other way around.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; January 18 2017 at 11:38:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Then again if you were to read the previous Fortior at work experiences you'd know that he's awfully often in the situation of banging co-workers

Hence Nicholai's advice to not fuck around where you earn your bread since it's bound to blow up somehow. Lall's advice is also sound and honestly I can say that doing that shit at work is not a good thing. You never ever see the real person, you see their work persona, which is mostly different from who they are really. Looking for a relationship at work signifies usually you are neglecting your personal life and should actually push one into fixing that, but not by banging colleagues because that's risking your job and in nowadays world you don't want that and a potential inappropriate behaviour charge attached to the dismissal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Then again if you were to read the previous Fortior at work experiences you'd know that he's awfully often in the situation of banging co-workers
    Yeh, after that post I went back to see who we are actually talking about, saw it was Fortior and went WELL FUCK DONT I LOOK STUPID NOW

Hence Nicholai's advice to not fuck around where you earn your bread since it's bound to blow up somehow. Lall's advice is also sound and honestly I can say that doing that shit at work is not a good thing. You never ever see the real person, you see their work persona, which is mostly different from who they are really. Looking for a relationship at work signifies usually you are neglecting your personal life and should actually push one into fixing that, but not by banging colleagues because that's risking your job and in nowadays world you don't want that and a potential inappropriate behaviour charge attached to the dismissal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. I completely agree with both you and Lall in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In 2017 the real 1 in 100 issue is having a job that's considered part of a career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    In 2017 the real 1 in 100 issue is having a job that's considered part of a career...
    And even then 1 in 100 of those 1 in 100 actually enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

Fits well with the image of the UK in recent times of completely overreacting and creating policies which are harmful in the end, creating a culture of paranoid mistrust based on ill-minded assumption whereas both eyes get closed for years on end when you have definite leads to systematic abuse. Awful.

This part is pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    And even then 1 in 100 of those 1 in 100 actually enjoy it.
    The careers or the shags?

Well, there is also the career shag.

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, man up and look at the benefit. I wouldn't have become senior bagpacker at Aldi if I hadn't let Isolde, who was at the time 50 and quite fresh out of a long marriage...but I digress.

Relevant short story:

One of our execs was booted (or rather he mysteriously left before his contract ended without any announcement...) for fucking the wrong girl at work (or trying to).
    This guy was pretty infamous to sleeping with young ladies/slappers and "helping their careers" in return. Not rumour for once, it was pretty established because there was quite a number involved, the horny old fuck.
    Anyway, he annoyed his latest bit of fun and got accused of sexual harassment and god knows what else. Avoided jail by the skin of his teeth, and was forced out.

The moral: This guy was earning millions and was EXTREMELY important in a very big company, and fucking the wrong girl at work still ended his career in the sector and nearly got him in Court. You aren't that important, and it can/will happen to normal people.

Keep your dick away from workmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Relevant short story:

One of our execs was booted (or rather he mysteriously left before his contract ended without any announcement...) for fucking the wrong girl at work (or trying to).
    This guy was pretty infamous to sleeping with young ladies/slappers and "helping their careers" in return. Not rumour for once, it was pretty established because there was quite a number involved, the horny old fuck.
    Anyway, he annoyed his latest bit of fun and got accused of sexual harassment and god knows what else. Avoided jail by the skin of his teeth, and was forced out.

The moral: This guy was earning millions and was EXTREMELY important in a very big company, and fucking the wrong girl at work still ended his career in the sector and nearly got him in Court. You aren't that important, and it can/will happen to normal people.

There is a difference between fucking and sexual harassment though tbf.
    Oh totally. But how do you prove there was no harrassment and that it was just good old innocent workplace sex? He likely DIDNT harass her....odds are she just didnt get as much as she wanted from him or he pissed her off. It's unbelievably hard to defend that sort of accusation.

Because

DOOOH
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

Relevant short story:

Oh totally. But how do you prove there was no harrassment and that it was just good old innocent workplace sex? He likely DIDNT harass her....odds are she just didnt get as much as she wanted from him or he pissed her off. It's unbelievably hard to defend that sort of accusation.
    I think that's more a case of understanding power dynamics and being able to appropriately analyse risk and reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Because

DOOOH
    Off topic, but i would totally bang Cheryl Tunt.

Don't fuck a colleague. Especially dont fuck a colleague when there is another female colleague there. That goes double for if you fucked one of them before and then stopped showing her attention.

There are 3.5 billion other pussies on this planet. Don't stick your dick in the ones that can cause problems at work, have a potential reason to dislike you (in crazy lady land) and have "coincidentally" created a situation where you are likely to act inappropriately, with a witness there to corroborate her story.

Giant red warning signs all over that one m8.
    Eh, aren't you being a bit paranoid?

Seems a tiny bit of overreaction to assume some kind of sophisticated sexual harassment charge trap, no?
    You could enter a situation like this 99 times and be fine. Then the 100th ends your career.

It's just like teachers are advised never to be alone in a room with a student. 999 out of 1000 times it doesn't matter. But then there is that 1 time that the student makes an allegation and the teacher who thinks the rule is "just being paranoid" gets their life ruined.

It's not worth the risk putting yourself in a situation like that with a female work colleague. Ever.
    1) P. sure the yoga will be done in their free time
    2) Suddenly we are at teachers and...yeah, you're paranoid.

It's just like teachers are advised never to be alone in a room with a student.
    Idk where you live; but individual remedial lessons are not really an exotic thing here.

Just one more thing; if someone would follow the same 'logic' as you did; but with men, I'd flip my shit; because according to your logic, likewise women should best just never be alone with male colleagues because they can cause problems at work, have a potential reason to dislike you (in crazy rapist man land) and have 'coincidentally' created a situation where they are like to act inappropriately, with no witness there to corrobate your story.

And I wouldn't be ok with that, because someone would assume the absolute worst about me from the get-go simply because of my sex.
    Mate.

Maybe that's the situation in Austria, but even here it's not advisable to be alone with a student, regardless of genders.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Relevant short story:

That difference is literally a matter of how the less powerful of the couple reports it to HR.

Relevant short story:

That difference is literally a matter of how the less powerful of the couple reports it to HR.
    If they utter the magic words "They made me feel very uncomfortable, It was a hostile work environment..."
    meh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Relevant short story:

If they utter the magic words "They made me feel very uncomfortable, It was a hostile work environment..."
    only 2 comments until we hit shittery

classic FHC
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Relevant short story:

classic FHC
    Are you saying that its impossible for a sexual harassment accusation to be made purely for selfish reasons, even if its not true?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Relevant short story:

classic FHC
    Are you saying that its impossible for a sexual harassment accusation to be made purely for selfish reasons, even if its not true?
    Obviously not, but you know that isn't what I was saying
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]