hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 122 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3996

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VII - Something Something Title

  1. #2421
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    If you want to become a Beamter, you can't have had psychological treatment in the last five years. Once you are appointed (Beamte are not employees technically) the government will take care of whatever happens. But only if you were healthy when you were appointed. If a company tries that with a regular employee, they can be sued to hell and back. /gripe

    Main reason I went for a state that doesn't appoint their teachers to the Beamte status.

    Also if we had UK rules, they would have to pay for a therapists and hearing aids.
    That sounds an awful lot like discrimination on the grounds of disability, which is a protected characteristic under the ECHR to which Germany is a party. How has this never been challenged?

  2. #2422
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    26,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    If you want to become a Beamter, you can't have had psychological treatment in the last five years. Once you are appointed (Beamte are not employees technically) the government will take care of whatever happens. But only if you were healthy when you were appointed. If a company tries that with a regular employee, they can be sued to hell and back. /gripe

    Main reason I went for a state that doesn't appoint their teachers to the Beamte status.

    Also if we had UK rules, they would have to pay for a therapists and hearing aids.
    That sounds an awful lot like discrimination on the grounds of disability, which is a protected characteristic under the ECHR to which Germany is a party. How has this never been challenged?
    Sounds more like a health insurance arrangement, which is entitled to take existing conditions into account.

  3. #2423
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    If you want to become a Beamter, you can't have had psychological treatment in the last five years. Once you are appointed (Beamte are not employees technically) the government will take care of whatever happens. But only if you were healthy when you were appointed. If a company tries that with a regular employee, they can be sued to hell and back. /gripe

    Main reason I went for a state that doesn't appoint their teachers to the Beamte status.

    Also if we had UK rules, they would have to pay for a therapists and hearing aids.
    That sounds an awful lot like discrimination on the grounds of disability, which is a protected characteristic under the ECHR to which Germany is a party. How has this never been challenged?
    Sounds more like a health insurance arrangement, which is entitled to take existing conditions into account.
    Beamter is an employment and legal status with lots of other benefits other than health-related ones. Those are a perk, not the core. Its closer to the idea of "tenure" but for civil servants generally.

  4. #2424
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    19,985
    They also come with their very own health insurance(at least here).
    You can't really compare public service with a normal job, legally speaking.

  5. #2425
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    11,712
    It's not an employment status. You legally become part of the government. For your service and loyalty, the government is responsible for your well-being.

    There is no employment contract, you get called to the office by the state. All parts of a usual contract are dealt with by laws. You have no right to strike, if you commit a fellony you are doubly punished, once by the penal system and by a disciplinary action. But for that the government pays you a pension directly, you don't get the regular public insurance funded one everyone else gets.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  6. #2426
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's not an employment status. You legally become part of the government. For your service and loyalty, the government is responsible for your well-being.

    There is no employment contract, you get called to the office by the state. All parts of a usual contract are dealt with by laws. You have no right to strike, if you commit a fellony you are doubly punished, once by the penal system and by a disciplinary action. But for that the government pays you a pension directly, you don't get the regular public insurance funded one everyone else gets.

    Tapapapatalk
    That sounds stupid. But also disciminatory if you cant join it if you are disabled

  7. #2427
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    11,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's not an employment status. You legally become part of the government. For your service and loyalty, the government is responsible for your well-being.

    There is no employment contract, you get called to the office by the state. All parts of a usual contract are dealt with by laws. You have no right to strike, if you commit a fellony you are doubly punished, once by the penal system and by a disciplinary action. But for that the government pays you a pension directly, you don't get the regular public insurance funded one everyone else gets.

    Tapapapatalk
    That sounds stupid. But also disciminatory if you cant join it if you are disabled
    If you are disabled that's different. Then a different set of rules applies to hiring.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  8. #2428
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    26,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's not an employment status. You legally become part of the government. For your service and loyalty, the government is responsible for your well-being.

    There is no employment contract, you get called to the office by the state. All parts of a usual contract are dealt with by laws. You have no right to strike, if you commit a fellony you are doubly punished, once by the penal system and by a disciplinary action. But for that the government pays you a pension directly, you don't get the regular public insurance funded one everyone else gets.

    Tapapapatalk
    Is it like being a slave, or in the army?

  9. #2429
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's not an employment status. You legally become part of the government. For your service and loyalty, the government is responsible for your well-being.

    There is no employment contract, you get called to the office by the state. All parts of a usual contract are dealt with by laws. You have no right to strike, if you commit a fellony you are doubly punished, once by the penal system and by a disciplinary action. But for that the government pays you a pension directly, you don't get the regular public insurance funded one everyone else gets.

    Tapapapatalk
    That sounds stupid. But also disciminatory if you cant join it if you are disabled
    If you are disabled that's different. Then a different set of rules applies to hiring.

    Tapapapatalk
    I meant the "cant have visited a therapist in 5 years"

  10. #2430
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,277
    Well you want sane people teaching kids...


    

  11. #2431
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Well you want sane people teaching kids...
    trolling emo thread again?

  12. #2432
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Well you want sane people teaching kids...
    trolling emo thread again?
    Again?

    And I'm 99% sure that's the reason. They want a clean bill of health and that includes mental health.


    

  13. #2433
    big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,532
    I'd rather have someone who's seeing a therapist teaching my kids than somebody who should be seeing a therapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

  14. #2434
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    12,330
    Anybody teaching kids and not seeing a therapist should be put on a watchlist. Clearly they're only a small step away from a complete breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  15. #2435
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    26,649
    Imperfect, non-aryans are not allowed near children in Germany.

  16. #2436
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    19,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's not an employment status. You legally become part of the government. For your service and loyalty, the government is responsible for your well-being.

    There is no employment contract, you get called to the office by the state. All parts of a usual contract are dealt with by laws. You have no right to strike, if you commit a fellony you are doubly punished, once by the penal system and by a disciplinary action. But for that the government pays you a pension directly, you don't get the regular public insurance funded one everyone else gets.

    Tapapapatalk
    Is it like being a slave, or in the army?
    Kinda...it's like a life sentence.
    After retirement you're still a Beamter(in retirement). Some parts of public services disciplinary law stay in effect. Kinda lulzy.

  17. #2437
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    26,649
    :germans:

  18. #2438
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    6,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Imperfect, non-aryans are not allowed near children in Germany.
    One would hope so.

    Ordnung muss seine.

  19. #2439
    Helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Anybody teaching kids and not seeing a therapist should be put on a watchlist. Clearly they're only a small step away from a complete breakdown.
    So much this.

  20. #2440
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    11,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's not an employment status. You legally become part of the government. For your service and loyalty, the government is responsible for your well-being.

    There is no employment contract, you get called to the office by the state. All parts of a usual contract are dealt with by laws. You have no right to strike, if you commit a fellony you are doubly punished, once by the penal system and by a disciplinary action. But for that the government pays you a pension directly, you don't get the regular public insurance funded one everyone else gets.

    Tapapapatalk
    Is it like being a slave, or in the army?
    Kinda...it's like a life sentence.
    After retirement you're still a Beamter(in retirement). Some parts of public services disciplinary law stay in effect. Kinda lulzy.
    This.

    And I totally agree that teachers should be forced to see a therapist. We recently had a younger colleague be ordered to stay home after a stress induced breakdown. It's a retarded rule and everyone in the education service I've met is questioning it. But for teachers the trend was away from Beamte towards regular employees. Appointing teachers Beamte only picked up again in some states due to a MASSIVE demand for new teachers. The Beamte status is coveted because it offers job security (tenure) and a higher income (you don't pay into the public unemployment and pension funds). Berlin just went the opposite way, regular employee status but massive increase in pay that only after 10-15 years of service a Beamter overtakes.
    nevar forget

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •