hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 205 of 206 FirstFirst ... 105155195202203204205206 LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4119

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VII - Something Something Title

Find out where they live and send them letter bombs.

Use a shaped charge planted on their route to work to shoot a molten stream of copper through their car to sever their legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Use a shaped charge planted on their route to work to shoot a molten stream of copper through their car to sever their legs.
    That sounds expensive, muslims are cheaper. Heck play your cards right and you won't even have to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Mates I need some help, I've got a client in work, a new one who is just unspeakably rude but they haven't gone far enough yet for me to call them out on it. How do you deal with rude people that you have to deal with. I'm not in a senior enough position in my job to just request that I be moved off their account so I'm stuck with them but every day it's another call where they just order me around over the phone for 20 minutes and take on literally 0% of what I've said. I'm sitting up raging over this and just dreading speaking with them again in the morning, it's really stressing me out more than I should be letting it.
    Ignore all the advice on being passive aggressive or standing up to them - people like this don't back down when you go nuclear, they pull out the H-bombs.

KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS

Treat everything they say like it was a compliment coming from a close friend or a shared private joke. Be warm, lighthearted. Don't respond defensively, respond with a chuckle. Act like they are your mate and their harshest criticisms are actually just shared banter.

At least give this route a go for a few calls before asking to move accounts. This has made unbearable working relationships end up being awesome for me many times over my career.

The reason it works is people like this are often hopelessly insecure and rarely have a lot of friends (or work-friends at least), thus once they realise that's what they seemingly have in you they switch from "defensive/aggressive pissing out of their tent onto you" stance to "youre in my tent now bud, lets piss out on everyone else together" stance.

Basically no-one responds to them like they are a charming, loveable human being, because they arent in any possible sense, so it completely wrong-steps them to do so.
    As a side bonus pissing out on everyone else together gives you an excuse to get your cock out, which makes the aforementioned surprise buttsex even easier to instigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Mates I need some help, I've got a client in work, a new one who is just unspeakably rude but they haven't gone far enough yet for me to call them out on it. How do you deal with rude people that you have to deal with. I'm not in a senior enough position in my job to just request that I be moved off their account so I'm stuck with them but every day it's another call where they just order me around over the phone for 20 minutes and take on literally 0% of what I've said. I'm sitting up raging over this and just dreading speaking with them again in the morning, it's really stressing me out more than I should be letting it.
    Ignore all the advice on being passive aggressive or standing up to them - people like this don't back down when you go nuclear, they pull out the H-bombs.

KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS

Treat everything they say like it was a compliment coming from a close friend or a shared private joke. Be warm, lighthearted. Don't respond defensively, respond with a chuckle. Act like they are your mate and their harshest criticisms are actually just shared banter.

At least give this route a go for a few calls before asking to move accounts. This has made unbearable working relationships end up being awesome for me many times over my career.

The reason it works is people like this are often hopelessly insecure and rarely have a lot of friends (or work-friends at least), thus once they realise that's what they seemingly have in you they switch from "defensive/aggressive pissing out of their tent onto you" stance to "youre in my tent now bud, lets piss out on everyone else together" stance.

Basically no-one responds to them like they are a charming, loveable human being, because they arent in any possible sense, so it completely wrong-steps them to do so.
    As a side bonus pissing out on everyone else together gives you an excuse to get your cock out, which makes the aforementioned surprise buttsex even easier to instigate.
    Did Nicholai "im usually only going to post serious well though out logical arguments" Pestot have a little fall on the weekend? Mild stroke? Regardless i embrace this new Poster.

Weed
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS

Did Nicholai "im usually only going to post serious well though out logical arguments" Pestot have a little fall on the weekend? Mild stroke? Regardless i embrace this new Poster.

Weed
    No. Opiates.

I have prescription-strength medication for whenever my megalophallus problem starts causing leg pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

This

Posted von mein Tapashitcunt

KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS

Weed
    No. Opiates.

I have prescription-strength medication for whenever my megalophallus problem starts causing leg pain.
    yay, you can join the opiates club!

Fucking bullshit is what they are. Except when you're on them, and then EVGERYTHING IS FUCKING AMAZING.
    Which ofc is why they are bullshit....

It's tough, because I don't know if your work has your back, but:

A hostile work environment can be created by a customer. In Cali, if you said those words to a manager about the way a customer was making you feel, there would be action.
    meh

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

A hostile work environment can be created by a customer. In Cali, if you said those words to a manager about the way a customer was making you feel, there would be action.
    Career limiting move, even in the most progressive places, unless they are actionably abusive. "They are difficult/unpleasant" might get you reassigned but people will think you are a snowflake

Career limiting move, even in the most progressive places, unless they are actionably abusive. "They are difficult/unpleasant" might get you reassigned but people will think you are a snowflake
    Both very good points, thanks pals. They called back today and were fine so I'll keep an eye on it

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Both very good points, thanks pals. They called back today and were fine so I'll keep an eye on it
    Possible that they were just havig a bad day

However I endorse the super-sweet cuddlechum response because even if it doesn't elicit the response outlined above, it's phenomenally effective in making a certain kind of person angry themselves to death with no recourse whatsoever against you.

I used this to enormous effect in my previous job, to the extent of the person involved moving to the other side of the planet. The best part is, the more hateful they get, the more hilarious it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I'm not joking btw. After an 8 month campaign of relentless super sweet niceness (make sure to do as much of this as possible in front of other people, ideally senior managers), including not one but 2 batches of home made baked goods, the perp departed for the south africa office.

Yisssss I treasure the memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I'm not joking btw. After an 8 month campaign of relentless super sweet niceness (make sure to do as much of this as possible in front of other people, ideally senior managers), including not one but 2 batches of home made baked goods, the perp departed for the south africa office.

I am more of the polite blunt way (the dutch way). Your way will just make me delete all comms with your company unless you are super special/important. Then again i dont work in b2b but psych health care.

If you have the mental strength to cuddlechum them into submission I salute you.

I have a short fuse and a chronic inability to hide disdain.

I have been known to, completely involuntarily, scoff in people's faces at anything they say if I don't like them.

It takes me a lot of effort to don the customer facing "mask" for longer than about 10 minutes.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Not much to hear really.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If you have the mental strength to cuddlechum them into submission I salute you.

I have a short fuse and a chronic inability to hide disdain.

I have been known to, completely involuntarily, scoff in people's faces at anything they say if I don't like them.

It takes me a lot of effort to don the customer facing "mask" for longer than about 10 minutes.
    Yeah cant say its easy especially at the start.

Sacul is right though - the two ways it can go are victory through them being nice to you and victory through them being enraged but having no recourse.

I'm with Paradox here, no cuddlechumming, if they're behaving like pricks i'll get my money elsewhere. I'm all for the customer is right and all that, but there are limits.
    Money isnt everything in this world.
    go away

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    I'm with Paradox here, no cuddlechumming, if they're behaving like pricks i'll get my money elsewhere. I'm all for the customer is right and all that, but there are limits.
    Money isnt everything in this world.
    Because as an employee you get to choose who your company does business with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I would cuddle chum and laugh at them behind their backs with my coworkers because I'm petty that way.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Or you could just put up with it because that's life buddy and it's only work so need to be personally affected by some twat on the phone.