hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 193 of 204 FirstFirst ... 93143183190191192193194195196203 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 4072

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VII - Something Something Title

  1. #3841
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 25, 2017
    Posts
    1,309
    can you stop shitting up the only "serious" thread on FHC thanks

    edit, since I should be the change I ask for, what are some hobbies with a low barrier to entry?

    my current friend group is solidly beer and/or videogames, i'd like to do something that exercise and also has social value (mostly because i'm fucking bored of most of my friends)
    Last edited by NotXenosis; July 9 2017 at 12:55:00 AM.

  2. #3842
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    6,305
    Rock Climbing is super faddish right now and there's lots of clubs/whatever for it. Cycling is always popular too. If you want to Scuba dive you're also surrounded by water (albeit murky water).

  3. #3843
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post
    can you stop shitting up the only "serious" thread on FHC thanks

    edit, since I should be the change I ask for, what are some hobbies with a low barrier to entry?

    my current friend group is solidly beer and/or videogames, i'd like to do something that exercise and also has social value (mostly because i'm fucking bored of most of my friends)
    I paintball (competitively), it's really fun and there's a big UK scene. It's quite expensive though.

  4. #3844
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,198
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post
    can you stop shitting up the only "serious" thread on FHC thanks

    edit, since I should be the change I ask for, what are some hobbies with a low barrier to entry?

    my current friend group is solidly beer and/or videogames, i'd like to do something that exercise and also has social value (mostly because i'm fucking bored of most of my friends)
    Join a local prepping community (I'm semi serious).


  5. #3845
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,241
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post
    can you stop shitting up the only "serious" thread on FHC thanks

    edit, since I should be the change I ask for, what are some hobbies with a low barrier to entry?

    my current friend group is solidly beer and/or videogames, i'd like to do something that exercise and also has social value (mostly because i'm fucking bored of most of my friends)
    Amateur sports. Social badminton clubs are usually good fun, just avoid the weird super competitive clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #3846

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post
    can you stop shitting up the only "serious" thread on FHC thanks

    edit, since I should be the change I ask for, what are some hobbies with a low barrier to entry?

    my current friend group is solidly beer and/or videogames, i'd like to do something that exercise and also has social value (mostly because i'm fucking bored of most of my friends)
    Running, with the target of raising money in charity marathons etc.
    Cheap, good for you, social value, would meet an entire new circle of people.

    It's what I would do if my leg was better tbh.

  7. #3847
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,470
    I might just have gotten dumped this past Thursday. The girl I've been seeing and having a great time with over the last three months thinks I'm way more invested than her, and she wants to back off.

    We haven't actually seen eachother for 3-4 weeks because of trips and busy weeks in general, but we've chatted daily. I honestly thought she was into us as much as I've been, but in retrospect (as usual) I can certainly see how she might have felt crowded.

    I texted her if we can't call eachother to talk things through, but it's been three days now and no reply. I really think I'm fucked but I don't want to let things go just like that without any sort of talk for closure.

    Worst part is that every time we've seen eachother it's been very romantically sweet... So this came out of the blue for me really.
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  8. #3848
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Sucks m8 but sometimes you simply don't get the closure you want.


    

  9. #3849
    Donor Mortalitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post
    can you stop shitting up the only "serious" thread on FHC thanks

    edit, since I should be the change I ask for, what are some hobbies with a low barrier to entry?

    my current friend group is solidly beer and/or videogames, i'd like to do something that exercise and also has social value (mostly because i'm fucking bored of most of my friends)
    Depends on how much you define 'low'. Under a grand? Only around 100? Not having to learn a bunch of secondary skills?

    Regardless you could just pick any sport and go and find a club. If you want to get into it cheaply then look for ones that you don't need tons of equipment for, like running/football/rugby/[insert team sport here]. Some friends started Bouldering at a nearby climbing centre as Bouldering doesn't require the expensive harness and all that shit. You can progress onto full climbing if you like it or the people there.

    If you are wanting to drop a few hundred quid on a sport then you could pick up a good 2nd hand bike as the prices drop like a stone once its not new any more. Shouldn't be hard to find a bargain as many people constantly 'upgrade' or basically buy a bike with the best intentions and never use it and end up selling it on. Airsoft or paintball are another option. They also have the advantage of being able to just hire the kit at sites until you decide if you like the sport, or people playing it with you, before going balls deep on your own kit.

    WoT EU: Mortalitis

  10. #3850
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    Romantic relationships are overrated anyway, 3DPD get out
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  11. #3851
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Yo how do I do this online dating thing I have no e-swagger and I'm short- at least I'm not fat and have some swol but it's looking grim chaps
    You don't.

    Go out and meet people. I could elaborate at length as to why but unless you just want sex avoid it. Your charm will come across far easier in person - inflection is difficult over text unless you're good with words, and even then women just think you're a fucking weirdo for not using ten smileys.

    Also, anecdotally, women who date online are imbued with a massive amount of arrogance due to al the attention they get. Resultantly, they don't even bother with men who aren't basically David Gandy.
    t.I repeatedly got blanked by women online

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  12. #3852
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I might just have gotten dumped this past Thursday. The girl I've been seeing and having a great time with over the last three months thinks I'm way more invested than her, and she wants to back off.

    We haven't actually seen eachother for 3-4 weeks because of trips and busy weeks in general, but we've chatted daily. I honestly thought she was into us as much as I've been, but in retrospect (as usual) I can certainly see how she might have felt crowded.

    I texted her if we can't call eachother to talk things through, but it's been three days now and no reply. I really think I'm fucked but I don't want to let things go just like that without any sort of talk for closure.

    Worst part is that every time we've seen eachother it's been very romantically sweet... So this came out of the blue for me really.
    bin the bitch bro sometimes things just dont work out and the longer you hold onto hope that it might, the longer you'll be hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  13. #3853
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,878
    Pensioners moaning about special government treatment. Well colour me surprised!

  14. #3854

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    -1, Malediction
    Posts
    11,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I might just have gotten dumped this past Thursday. The girl I've been seeing and having a great time with over the last three months thinks I'm way more invested than her, and she wants to back off.

    We haven't actually seen eachother for 3-4 weeks because of trips and busy weeks in general, but we've chatted daily. I honestly thought she was into us as much as I've been, but in retrospect (as usual) I can certainly see how she might have felt crowded.

    I texted her if we can't call eachother to talk things through, but it's been three days now and no reply. I really think I'm fucked but I don't want to let things go just like that without any sort of talk for closure.

    Worst part is that every time we've seen eachother it's been very romantically sweet... So this came out of the blue for me really.
    The "out of the blue" speaks to a possible lack of self-awareness of obsessive/stalkery/laying it on hard'ish extremism and missing her subtle hints to chill, requiring more blatant steps.

    Sounds exactly like someone I know IRL. It's always "out of the blue" to them too.

    Please learn where he didn't. Let things take their natural course, don't pressure, and give space early on. Good luck and best wishes!




  15. #3855
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,517
    She's fucking someone else. I mean come on if we're gonna be brutal let's just give him reality here. Whether he was being clingy or not is another matter (which is probably also true).

  16. #3856
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,619
    She might not be fucking someone else but it's entirely possible she's found someone she wants more than you.

    A year ago I would advise maybe a therapeutic killing spree but now I think it might be best to let it go


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  17. #3857
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I might just have gotten dumped this past Thursday. The girl I've been seeing and having a great time with over the last three months thinks I'm way more invested than her, and she wants to back off.

    We haven't actually seen eachother for 3-4 weeks because of trips and busy weeks in general, but we've chatted daily. I honestly thought she was into us as much as I've been, but in retrospect (as usual) I can certainly see how she might have felt crowded.

    I texted her if we can't call eachother to talk things through, but it's been three days now and no reply. I really think I'm fucked but I don't want to let things go just like that without any sort of talk for closure.

    Worst part is that every time we've seen eachother it's been very romantically sweet... So this came out of the blue for me really.
    The "out of the blue" speaks to a possible lack of self-awareness of obsessive/stalkery/laying it on hard'ish extremism and missing her subtle hints to chill, requiring more blatant steps.

    Sounds exactly like someone I know IRL. It's always "out of the blue" to them too.

    Please learn where he didn't. Let things take their natural course, don't pressure, and give space early on. Good luck and best wishes!
    I'd certainly agree with you if it weren't for how she acts when we do meet, or did meet rather. And when we couldn't meet up because she was busy she always tried to find some other time. Haven't texted or talked to her since Thursday but figured I'll try to call her some time this week.

    I'm not necessarily looking to make it super serious with her, but I want to know what she really feels and wants.
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  18. #3858
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    She's fucking someone else. I mean come on if we're gonna be brutal let's just give him reality here. Whether he was being clingy or not is another matter (which is probably also true).
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    She might not be fucking someone else but it's entirely possible she's found someone she wants more than you.

    A year ago I would advise maybe a therapeutic killing spree but now I think it might be best to let it go
    I'd be very very surprised if she was fucking someone else, her ex was fucking someone on the side and she's very much a one-at-a-time person.

    Then again everyone says they are.
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  19. #3859
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,369
    So in the first post you said that you hadn't seen her in 3-4 weeks because of "trips and busy weeks", but now you say that "when we couldn't meet up because she was busy she always tried to find some other time".

    I would hazard to guess that not having time for you for 3-4 weeks might have been your hint that she was going cold on the romance.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  20. #3860
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,214
    probably finally saw your forum avatar and booked it

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •