Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313839404142 LastLast

Thread: Civilization VI

Meeeeeeeeh

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Meeeeeeeeh
    Explain.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

However much I've wanted to get Civ6 I just haven't yet seen any reason why I'd want to play it instead of Civ5 [MODDED]

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Meeeeeeeeh
    Explain.

Tapapapatalk
    The expansion is mediocre and not very interesting ATM. Maybe need to give it more time.

Steam reviews claim the expansion is broken as shit

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Steam reviews claim the expansion is broken as shit
    Mostly babbys posting upset reviews because the expansion didnt come for free with their deluxe edition apparently.

Seems to work fine for me. New features are fairly amusing, some of the new civs are fucking excellent. AI seems to have changed as well; fucking loves building cities and rapes the jesus out of city states.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; February 14 2018 at 05:33:58 PM.

Also Korea is just broken right now, all that sweet science.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Hehe yeah korea is fucking comedy gold.

Gathering Storm: Better, but still not saved if you wanted decent AI.

Better luck with Civ 7, would be nice if it includes most of these things in the base game... getting pretty sick of it taking several expansions to reach a playable state, less bothered by civs being later/dlc.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    would be nice if it includes most of these things in the base game

Not going to happen

Every new civ game at this point is a stripped out husk on release that has half the content of the previous game. That content is then doled out in ever increasingly expensive DLC.

Just wait for it all to be in a humble bundle, like always.

It's all lulz until enough customers get sick of it and then the AAA companies feel it in the shareprice, as has been occuring in recent times. So why not point out it's a sickening practice, and hope for a specified change.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

First Civ game I've not even touched, the broken AI and feature strip means I probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    First Civ game I've not even touched

Since when has any 4x had decent AI? I literally can't name a single one in the last 15 years that didn't rely heavily on cheating.

Adding in districts pretty much broke the Civ AI because of how important city planning is now. Endless Legend suffers from the same problem.

Until we get google-deepmind AI that can quickly learn a new game, there will never be "good AI" in these games. This one had to play against itself for 200 years to understand Protoss v Protoss (and only Protoss v Protoss, not any other matchup), simple compared to a 4x...

Spoiler:

real edit: And don't get me wrong, I'm not apologizing for the feature strip which is a thing. Civ 4 is pretty much the apex of the series IMO. Just saying that you don't play a 4x for the "Good AI"
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; February 12 2019 at 04:06:44 PM.

I'm dumb enough to lose to their dumb AI

There is no amazing AI but there is semi reasonable to non bugged AI. Gal civ 3 had decent ai and is not that fun to play anymore but there are efforts in many 4x to improve AI performance. CIV 6 has had no effort at all thrown at it from all I've heard and that's fucking sad from such a large company

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I'm dumb enough to lose to their dumb AI
    That's because it cheats a lot, especially on higher difficulty levels. In fact p much the only thing the difficulty level changes is how much of a bonus all AI's get to their yield every turn and such. Also it should be able to micromanage more efficiently then a human bothers to, but eh.

Civ 6 isn't a bad game, there are lots of good ideas in it. The AI is indeed very bad and has barely improved, but no Civ game has ever had a good AI. What Civ 6 is mostly missing atm is fun. Last expansion was a decent improvement, the next one (out this week) looks to be adding a lot more, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    It's all lulz until enough customers get sick of it and then the AAA companies feel it in the shareprice, as has been occuring in recent times. So why not point out it's a sickening practice, and hope for a specified change.
    the shareprice stuff recently hasn't been due to lack of sales, it's due to bad forecasting and unsustainable growth. The big publishers have put on tens of billions in market valuation over the last ten years on the back of continuous growth/aquisition, that was completely unsustainable so now when COD sells 5.x million copies instead of 6 they suddenly lose a few percent of stock price and everyone starts thinking the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Since when has any 4x had decent AI? I literally can't name a single one in the last 15 years that didn't rely heavily on cheating.

Adding in districts pretty much broke the Civ AI because of how important city planning is now. Endless Legend suffers from the same problem.

Until we get google-deepmind AI that can quickly learn a new game, there will never be "good AI" in these games. This one had to play against itself for 200 years to understand Protoss v Protoss (and only Protoss v Protoss, not any other matchup), simple compared to a 4x...

Spoiler:

real edit: And don't get me wrong, I'm not apologizing for the feature strip which is a thing. Civ 4 is pretty much the apex of the series IMO. Just saying that you don't play a 4x for the "Good AI"

A "Good AI" in a turn based game is capable of essentially perfect play (at least against the average player). The challenge is to make the game entertaining, not harder.