hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Warhammer 40k : DAWN OF WAR III [The light of the god Emperor Shines on us]

You want me to grind for abilities in multiplayer relic? Clearly they hate money

I have no doubt that they will follow the Coh2 model and make them purchasable if you dont want to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I have no doubt that they will follow the Coh2 model and make them purchasable if you dont want to grind.
    Yeah seeing how their almost all better than the starter ones NOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Its the same currency and bulletin system as coh2.. just reskined... I cant see them not taking the "free money route" dude... this is lelic after all.

Game was fun for a few matches but im starting to dislike it already.

Its just blob and Shift+A move around - with jump marines or shees - as melee is king. Get your early hero out and start nuking. If yuo fall behind the tech race youre fucked.

Yes thats like SC2 etc.. I didnt like those either.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; April 22 2017 at 06:35:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Its the same currency and bulletin system as coh2.. just reskined... I cant see them not taking the "free money route" dude... this is lelic after all.

Game was fun for a few matches but im starting to dislike it already.

Its just blob and Shift+A move around - with jump marines or shees - as melee is king. Get your early hero out and start nuking.
    Yeah its pretty bad all around for 20 I might have picked it up for the apparently shallow campaign but this isn't worth 60.

good bits:
    it doesn't play like a moba

other bits:
    1. it tries to combine DoW1 and 2 by having the troops depend on activatable abilities. i.e. abilities are the unit.
    2. a majority of which are skill shots (for Orkz anyway)
    3. but tells you to spam squads like DoW1
    3. no TABing through squads to cycle abilities
    4. no autocast
    5. Elites are stupid powerfull
    6. no fucking retreat button.... so no way to conserve troops.
    7. can survive minor troop losses, (not as bad as DoW2) but oh dear lord if you are behind in tech or number of elites...(5th Fleet, no lube)

Mechanically it might be good design to entertain the likes of MarineKingPrime, TaeJa or Flash. But for us mere mortals its not something I relish to do.
    Last edited by Torashuu; April 22 2017 at 07:37:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    good bits:
    it doesn't play like a moba

other bits:
    1. it tries to combine DoW1 and 2 by having the troops depend on activatable abilities. i.e. abilities are the unit.
    2. a majority of which are skill shots (for Orkz anyway)
    3. but tells you to spam squads like DoW1
    3. no TABing through squads to cycle abilities
    4. no autocast
    5. Elites are stupid powerfull
    6. no fucking retreat button.... so no way to conserve troops.
    7. can survive minor troop losses, (not as bad as DoW2) but oh dear lord if you are behind in tech or number of elites...(5th Fleet, no lube)

Mechanically it might be good design to entertain the like of MarineKingPrime, TaeJa or Flash. But for us mere mortals its not something I relish to do.
    Nah elites melt once you have 2/3rd tier units.

thats because with all 3 weapon upgrades your dudes do double damage...

Also no retreat function is silly...How I am supposed to keep my army intact? Just win the first fight? Because without retreat its all blob or go home.

edit: Final verdict, uninstalled. It probably is a decent mashup of DoW1/2 but too many small things I expected werent in and overall it felt rather like SC2:WoL, very slick but no soul.
    Last edited by Torashuu; April 22 2017 at 08:37:34 PM.

So all those commercial review-sites calling it the best DoW ever lied to me? I canīt believe it.

I uninstalled it after one game.

I wouldn't say its complete trash, its obviously well crafted and will appeal to autists who like to APM their way around a map.

But its not something I really give a shit about.

so as a scrub who cant play SC2 with any kinda skill.....
    is this good for casual wankers like me? (i had the beta installed, but it clashed with quake champions, and no fucking way was i missing that).

Played tutorial, seems cool, but i dont know shit about RTS. (am casual scrub, and am ok with that).
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    is this good for casual wankers like me? (i had the beta installed, but it clashed with quake champions, and no fucking way was i missing that).

Played tutorial, seems cool, but i dont know shit about RTS. (am casual scrub, and am ok with that).
    Depends if you're okay with being bad at it I suppose

It's going to be the kind of game where you will get wrecked if you do not acquire the proper micro skills.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

It's going to be the kind of game where you will get wrecked if you do not acquire the proper micro skills.
    Yeah, fuck that. I'm getting old, I want to outthink my enemy, not outmicro them. Yes clicking really fast and accurate is a skill but thinking is also a skill and the number of competitive RTT games that ponder to it is fucking nil.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Im old and I did ok. But I get what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post

Depends if you're okay with being bad at it I suppose

Actully i am not that sort of useless.

Micro i will be fine with, its macro at speed i tend to struggle at in SC2. individual control of sections of my force i am fine at, its just nothing happens with my base in the mean time. will see how it goes. :-)
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom