hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Warhammer 40k : DAWN OF WAR III [The light of the god Emperor Shines on us]

He's a huge 40K nerd isn't he?

Most of the warhammer nerds I know didn't enjoy it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

yup, have a peek at his Space Marine video for a example.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Yeah he's a massive 40k nerd and has no trouble shitting all over them when they fuck it up pretty much.

Plus as one of the rare guys keeping SC2 alive in the West he's also a great RTS fan, so he tends to be very critical and in depth on those too, prolly more than any other genre imo.

Apparently, from the coop podcast, it seems they removed any kind of hard or complex mechanic and added a bunch of contrived nonsense to the mp so you have to play it exactly one way, for balance and "esports" and what not and a strong fear of the mp RTS curse, and the game suffers from it a lot. Haven't watched this video in its entirety to know how much h he talks bout that.
    Last edited by Isyel; April 29 2017 at 07:49:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Yeah he's a massive 40k nerd and has no trouble shitting all over them when they fuck it up pretty much.

Plus as one of the rare guys keeping SC2 alive in the West he's also a great RTS fan, so he tends to be very critical and in depth on those too, prolly more than any other genre imo.

Apparently, from the coop podcast, it seems they removed any kind of hard or complex mechanic and added a bunch of contrived nonsense to the mp so you have to play it exactly one way, for balance and "esports" and what not and a strong fear of the mp RTS curse, and the game suffers from it a lot. Haven't watched this video in its entirety to know how much h he talks bout that.
    Also the worst is they butchered the ascetic

:V

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

The what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

The what now?
    The phone version of aesthetic

Ah

Yeah it lacks a certain level of grim future to it, although I think they went for a more tabletop miniatures like look.

Entire game is absolute lore rape. I dont have enough palms for my face at times.

As a game its an ok distraction. Not great, but not as shit as most foaming at the mouth fuckwads would have you believe.

Im not going to play it then, shame.

Replace Relic with The Creative Assembly?
    A merge between those two, both owned by Sega is something I can definitely see.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Im not going to play it then, shame.

Replace Relic with The Creative Assembly?
    A merge between those two, both owned by Sega is something I can definitely see.
    Nah if they go back to either dowI or II instead of trying to split the difference I would have been fine.

And, now, a palate cleanser:

Last edited by Winged Nazgul; May 5 2017 at 10:53:00 AM.

I am so tempted to get this, even with all the bad reviews. I have held off since I am playing PUBG and Albion Online, but damn, I am a sucker for 40K games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellin View Post
    I am so tempted to get this, even with all the bad reviews. I have held off since I am playing PUBG and Albion Online, but damn, I am a sucker for 40K games.
    It's not a good 40k game, don't do it. Even the people that like the game are mostly happy to agree that it's absolute
    setting rape.