hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 173

Thread: Warhammer 40k : DAWN OF WAR III [The light of the god Emperor Shines on us]

  1. #121
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,848
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Things that made CoH good:

    Squads
    Cover
    Suppression
    Strong counters and soft counters.
    Large maps that allow for flanking
    no mining
    bases only as a techtree
    (CoH 2 had infantry blown up too easily by tanks. Realism isn't good if only for realism sake)

    How it should be improved: Basically the Europe in Ruins mod.
    Have a pre setup army, no bases, no production
    If something of yours gets blown up or shot dead, you'll need to spend resources between matches to replace it. You get enough resources to avoid going bankrupt unless you really suck.
    U wot

  2. #122
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    5,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Things that made CoH good:


    How it should be improved: CHANGE EVERYTHING
    U wot
    Also wat.

  3. #123
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,339
    I hate losing squads and I miss the cover and retreat mechanics.

    Watching the DoW3 shit makes me OCD anxious because everything just stands in the open and dies.

    It looks to be: Build big blob. Shift+A move across map until blob dies. Build a new slightly higher tech blob. Repeat.

    How is that engaging strategic gameplay?

  4. #124
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    DC swampland
    Posts
    5,751
    Dow2 is fun but its pretty much company of space marines, and lacks the massive epic feeling of warhammer tbh. Not day 1 buying this but if the game isn't horrible I'll pick it up eventually.

  5. #125
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Dow2 is fun but its pretty much company of space marines, and lacks the massive epic feeling of warhammer tbh. Not day 1 buying this but if the game isn't horrible I'll pick it up eventually.
    Yeah. I like really really liked CoH (but never enjoyed SC) so that might be why I'm biased towards that and DoW2.

  6. #126
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,413
    base-building in 2017

  7. #127
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    DC swampland
    Posts
    5,751
    DoW 1 is still a great game even in 2017.

  8. #128
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Things that made CoH good:


    How it should be improved: CHANGE EVERYTHING
    U wot
    Also wat.
    I don't think that the EiRR mod "changes everything". The largest part of what I listed as good is still there:

    Squads
    Cover
    Suppression
    Strong counters and soft counters.
    Large maps that allow for flanking
    no mining

    The major change is to do away with building units and teching while instead concentrating on the core tactical gameplay.

    > @Varcaus no mining
    Mining to me is the Starcraft version of build base, extract minerals. The resource gathering by map control that CoH has is such a huge change that I don't classify it as mining.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  9. #129
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,339
    Not to be confused with the other kind of mines, which are very important to CoH.

  10. #130
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,848
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Things that made CoH good:


    How it should be improved: CHANGE EVERYTHING
    U wot
    Also wat.
    I don't think that the EiRR mod "changes everything". The largest part of what I listed as good is still there:

    Squads
    Cover
    Suppression
    Strong counters and soft counters.
    Large maps that allow for flanking
    no mining

    The major change is to do away with building units and teching while instead concentrating on the core tactical gameplay.

    > @Varcaus no mining
    Mining to me is the Starcraft version of build base, extract minerals. The resource gathering by map control that CoH has is such a huge change that I don't classify it as mining.
    Yeah I thought you meant the explody mines

  11. #131
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Things that made CoH good:


    How it should be improved: CHANGE EVERYTHING
    U wot
    Also wat.
    I don't think that the EiRR mod "changes everything". The largest part of what I listed as good is still there:

    Squads
    Cover
    Suppression
    Strong counters and soft counters.
    Large maps that allow for flanking
    no mining

    The major change is to do away with building units and teching while instead concentrating on the core tactical gameplay.

    > @Varcaus no mining
    Mining to me is the Starcraft version of build base, extract minerals. The resource gathering by map control that CoH has is such a huge change that I don't classify it as mining.
    Yeah I thought you meant the explody mines
    In hindsight, I can see where this might be confusing.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  12. #132

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    923
    Open Beta this weekend, multi player only. I look forward to getting crushed...
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  13. #133

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,020
    I played a bit of closed beta (not on mine).
    It's.....actually not bad.

    Still looks cartoony as fuck, but the graphics are nicely crisp and easily identifiable in manic fights.
    Still only 3 races (which is serious bullshit)
    New cover system is way less cool.

    BUT.

    The game actually plays quite nicely, and is fun.

    I am conflicted now. I have moved from "lol, nope" to "maybe".

  14. #134

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I played a bit of closed beta (not on mine).
    It's.....actually not bad.

    Still looks cartoony as fuck, but the graphics are nicely crisp and easily identifiable in manic fights.
    Still only 3 races (which is serious bullshit)
    New cover system is way less cool.

    BUT.

    The game actually plays quite nicely, and is fun.

    I am conflicted now. I have moved from "lol, nope" to "maybe".
    TBH ive pretty much been in the "yup" camp since i saw it. I have literally no idea why other than i liked the look of it.
    That said i do have over 9000 games in my steam library i have never played.

    My one saving graces is i tend not to preorder stuff, no point with steam thesedays.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  15. #135
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,339
    Ill probably be up for some custom game testing action with FHC brosefs over the weekend.

  16. #136
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,339
    Servers are up yaddayadda

  17. #137

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,625
    lowndoading

  18. #138
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    lowndoading
    steam name?

    edit: nm.. think ive found you in FHC group
    Last edited by Sandzibar; April 21 2017 at 07:33:52 PM.

  19. #139

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,625
    lobby seems to keep failing for whatever reason. MM so stable.

  20. #140
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,848
    Apparently the open beta is free. Hmm might poke for a bit.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •