hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellion - Upcoming MP Space Sim (and survival) game by a bunch of Crazy(TM) Serbs

Hellion - Upcoming MP Space Sim (and survival) game by a bunch of Crazy(TM) Serbs

Ladies and Gentlemen, its is my privilege to present you Hellion.

My personal interpretation of design idea is:
    Stealing the thunder form Starcitizen + Space Engineers + DayZ in space without zombies (because hell is other people) + Newtonian physics and zero g PVP

Official site:
    http://www.playhellion.com/

Edit. And Steam Greenlight page for completeness (please vote for them )
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=674415611

Announcement trailer:

Pre alpha footage

Multi person crews on ships large enough to be viable PVP arenas. Newtonian physics. And a quite interesting story premise but... spoilers (and NDA)
    Last edited by dzajic; April 28 2016 at 04:21:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    (because hell is other people)
    this is relevant to my interests

We should do some space engineers thunderdoming with the server stability improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    We should do some space engineers thunderdoming with the server stability improvements.
    A thousand times yes.

Dev commentary of alpha footage

Bump!

And early alpha is out!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/#
    Last edited by dzajic; February 25 2017 at 08:36:31 AM.

I will grab it once it's more feature complete.

would be fun but fuck survival games and early access

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Its a lottery I agree but its only way for small teams to fund games that can even be considered a single "A". You would be amazed at how little can a single million give you, even in nation as poor in Serbia once you start thinking in terms of a full on gaming company.

And for Hellion... dev team is crazy... feature complete would be "everything Star Citizen promised, only in a single star system and Unity instead of Cry Engine". Even if it sells crazy good it will never be feature complete... ideal full version is unattainable.

What the game does have is small bands of players finding and maintaining their ships and setting up and building up their mobile homes (outposts)... Fly around, meet interesting people, kill them and steal their shit. This is the current alpha state I'm describing.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Its a lottery I agree but its only way for small teams to fund games that can even be considered a single "A". You would be amazed at how little can a single million give you, even in nation as poor in Serbia once you start thinking in terms of a full on gaming company.

And for Hellion... dev team is crazy... feature complete would be "everything Star Citizen promised, only in a single star system and Unity instead of Cry Engine". Even if it sells crazy good it will never be feature complete... ideal full version is unattainable.

What the game does have is small bands of players finding and maintaining their ships and setting up and building up their mobile homes (outposts)... Fly around, meet interesting people, kill them and steal their shit. This is the current alpha state I'm describing.
    To be clear, I hate survival games above all. :P

Well i love survival games and I love hard core mechanics and I love space and I am also very forgiving of alph and EA niggles and lack of content. So far after a couple of hours with Hellion I may be in love, things are not obvious but they are there and in pretty straight forward places just need to think logical steps to do something don't expect magic, take your time and plan ahead.

Currently playing on the London 2 server if any one else is going to give it a go.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Please treat this as real alpha instead of just a cash grab. Meaning provide feeback on bugs and about UI and game design issues and illogical things through official channels. I know some of dev team personally and by god they are stretched thin. So if its not reported it my stay broken for a while...

I have found a gamebreaking bug, I noticed it when reading the steam page- pass it on to your dev contacts and see if they can fix it, here's a screencap

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I have found a gamebreaking bug, I noticed it when reading the steam page- pass it on to your dev contacts and see if they can fix it, here's a screencap

However infamous those tags are... its less suicidal to try to advertise as such than to go balls deep "we think we can actually deliver a Star Citizen lite... sometime in indefinite future, but obviously ages before actual SC comes out."

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Now Serbia has it's priorities in order. From genocidal to producing interesting video game content in a couple of hundred bombing sorties. NATO should be getting royalties

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Now Serbia has it's priorities in order. From genocidal to producing interesting video game content in a couple of hundred bombing sorties. NATO should be getting royalties
    A few hundred more and it might get finished.

Looks pretty interesting, pushes all of my "do-like" buttons. But - all Early Access, Alpha and that kinda stuff aside, it also looks like there's a terrible amount of micro management necessary. And that it won't stop. Yeah, I know :survival:, but I do enjoy setting (basic) things up and once that's done, then watch them run/function. And then turn towards the next advanced stuff. I fear, that I would get annoyed too soon with this.

(Dislaimer: this is my impression after just watching the vids)

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Looks pretty interesting, pushes all of my "do-like" buttons. But - all Early Access, Alpha and that kinda stuff aside, it also looks like there's a terrible amount of micro management necessary. And that it won't stop. Yeah, I know :survival:, but I do enjoy setting (basic) things up and once that's done, then watch them run/function. And then turn towards the next advanced stuff. I fear, that I would get annoyed too soon with this.

(Dislaimer: this is my impression after just watching the vids)
    I can see this as well, they learning curve currently makes eve look gentle use a bit to much RCS getting the few essential steps and bingo you are dead and there are a few of these, however so far the challenge of getting things right keeps me coming back.

The game will live or die depending on what they do for automation and end game in the long run, I would love little utility bots that can be programmed to move around stations replacing components and perhaps finding very rare modules that allow the construction of new components as well yay to trading.

My choice for buying the game this far into EA was that it looks to have relatively complete if small and limited game play currently and from where they are now I don't see any year long interludes waiting for patches due to missing tech. And it will be interesting to watch it change and If i get a few weekends game play every couple of months for the next year or two I will be happy.

And lastly Chris Roberts should buy these guys out and incorporate the game design into one of their in-game games ie 'Star Marine' or 'Arena Commander'.
    Last edited by Tailn; February 26 2017 at 01:40:47 PM.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

I've watched some videos and I'm incredibly excited now. Really having a hard time restraining myself from buying it.