hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Overview of CCP's plans for the AT and player-run tournaments from fanfest

  1. #1

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,210

    Overview of CCP's plans for the AT and player-run tournaments from fanfest



    Summary of remarks made by devs at the e-sports roundtable.

  2. #2
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,929
    CCP Soon™, or actual evidence of progress & deadlines?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  3. #3
    Artjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Location
    [KICK]
    Posts
    372
    Apparently in the Operations round-table the ops team were planning to work on the tourney server next week.

    As usual I wont believe it till I'm actually logging in to it, but this is all good stuff and what is listed above is key to really making an eve-sports scene work.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    CCP Soon™, or actual evidence of progress & deadlines?
    You know as much as I do on that score.

  5. #5
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    Apparently in the Operations round-table the ops team were planning to work on the tourney server next week.

    As usual I wont believe it till I'm actually logging in to it, but this is all good stuff and what is listed above is key to really making an eve-sports scene work.
    Aye. The tournament stuff really needed to take place on its own server for some time now. There's some novelty to it taking place on TQ, but also a lot of pain that really isn't necessary.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  6. #6
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,807
    Training on Sisi can be a PITA, but what is wrong with the actual matches on TQ?
    But yes, with max 3% imps and no faction drones the only reason to use TQ is AT ships, which I somehow doubt will be allowed forever.

    ________________

    How many teams per alliance are allowed? Two like last year?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,198
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Training on Sisi can be a PITA, but what is wrong with the actual matches on TQ?
    The tournaments would require code to be active on TQ servers, which already are optimized such that Jita, high-sec, low-sec and null-sec (and perhaps even NPC null-sec) servers all run different compiled versions of the sol node code. Essentially they only include the code that they need instead of doing useless 'if null-sec' checks at runtime.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  8. #8

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    How many teams per alliance are allowed? Two like last year?
    kekekeke

    I'm kind of expecting AT ships to be hit with a penalty tariff this year, but we'll see.

  9. #9
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Training on Sisi can be a PITA, but what is wrong with the actual matches on TQ?
    The tournaments would require code to be active on TQ servers, which already are optimized such that Jita, high-sec, low-sec and null-sec (and perhaps even NPC null-sec) servers all run different compiled versions of the sol node code. Essentially they only include the code that they need instead of doing useless 'if null-sec' checks at runtime.
    It also is a massive improvement to the accessablity, seed injectors/ships/mods etc and you have 0 entry requirement, no "pay to win" and no need to drop 100 billion just to compete somewhat seriously, before you even touch topics such as AT ships. From a pure esports pov a all Skill V for everyone and every ship for everyone is a much better environement then what we have now, even if the "OMG 600 billion isk just died in that match factor is going away".

    Most people i know who tried the AT somewhat seriously have enjoyed it, and for many the testing was much more fun then the actual AT itself. If more people feel like they can only gain stuff by competing instead of losing stuff more people, hopefully will show some interest.

    The AT and what surrounds it is probably the most fun you can have in eve if you actually like eve pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    Apparently in the Operations round-table the ops team were planning to work on the tourney server next week.

    As usual I wont believe it till I'm actually logging in to it, but this is all good stuff and what is listed above is key to really making an eve-sports scene work.
    Aye. The tournament stuff really needed to take place on its own server for some time now. There's some novelty to it taking place on TQ, but also a lot of pain that really isn't necessary.
    Ah, c'mon ... why are you so mean to traders? (My trades see a noticable increase pre/during AT time)

    On a more serious note: having a dedicated tournament server seems right from a "don't mess with/rely on live server during AT" perspective. But part of the whole EVE philosophy is the player-produced items (yeah, disregardig faction items etc.) stuff. The notes above don't mention anything related, but I'd like to see the supply for tournament still taking place on TQ.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    July 7, 2013
    Posts
    341
    Just, no. Fuck TQ when you are trying to eve sports.

  12. #12
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Just, no. Fuck TQ when you are trying to eve sports.
    Yeah, this. Equal standings for all and no cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  13. #13

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Pandemic Legion
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Just, no. Fuck TQ when you are trying to eve sports.
    Yeah, this. Equal standings for all and no cost.
    And we can finally get rid of all unique ships.

  14. #14
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Just, no. Fuck TQ when you are trying to eve sports.
    Yeah, this. Equal standings for all and no cost.
    And we can finally get rid of all unique ships.
    Well if everyone has them cause they are seeded they arent unique anymore. Then simple point adjustement are fine for them.


    Otherwise they got to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •