hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40K : Battlefleet Gothic Armada II (Now with added Roybutt Girlymann)

Warhammer 40K : Battlefleet Gothic Armada II (Now with added Roybutt Girlymann)

fuck that old shit, we new shit now.

Also Nids and Necrons

Spoiler:

Imperial navy

Chaos

ORKZ

Eldar Corsairs

Best Game since Dawn of war imo I hope they expand on it with more races.
    Last edited by Armag3ddon; January 26 2018 at 01:31:48 PM.

Orks are fucking stupid if you lose with them you should feel bad.

I may or may not have already run into 2 ork battleships in cruiser clashes already.
    Last edited by Varcaus; April 22 2016 at 06:00:46 AM.

Orks are either really hard to beat, or really easy. There's no middle ground and it depends a lot on your fleet build.

My kiting Chaos just never lose to orks. Ever.
    My Imperials keep getting fucking destroyed (haven't tried since the balance changes...don't think enough happened to change this too much, but the Mezoa shield upgrade is a big deal).
    Eldar will always beat Orks if played well, and always lose if they foolishly get into assault range.

That's my experience at least. Orks are so...binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Orks are either really hard to beat, or really easy. There's no middle ground and it depends a lot on your fleet build.

My kiting Chaos just never lose to orks. Ever.
    My Imperials keep getting fucking destroyed (haven't tried since the balance changes...don't think enough happened to change this too much, but the Mezoa shield upgrade is a big deal).
    Eldar will always beat Orks if played well, and always lose if they foolishly get into assault range.

That's my experience at least. Orks are so...binary.
    Yeah its seems about the same balancewise as far as a few hours of games could tell.

I am still torn between the races.

Imperials are just all round goodish, torps are nice and getting space marines on all LC with teleportariums is pretty strong early on but lacks some power later when everyone has higher troop values with upgrades.

Chaos, I donīt know. Tempted to play a nurgle based brawler fleet, nobody expects that but on the other side it is not that good and orks will still wreck you.

ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS, GREEN IS BEST!!!

Eldar pulsars, so much micro but very rewarding if you can pull it off.

I'm actually putting most of my time into Imperial for now. They are still consider d weakest and I want to make them work.

Plus, I just like them.

I'm actually putting most of my time into Imperial for now. They are still consider d weakest and I want to make them work.

Plus, I just like them.
    Dauntless I swarms seem to do ok with extra range fairly punchy and can be pretty kitted out for support roles as well.

They do ok early on (except against Orks, because prow primary weapons against Orks = death unless you are Eldar), but start getting a beating around level 4ish. They just dont have the firepower to deal with big ships before they start dropping.

I like the extra damage on the long range Macros for Imperials now...25% increase isnt awful. I might try out the Tyrant again and focus on Macro upgrades. Tough, long ranged, not terrible dps (it only has 8% dps lower than a Dominators broadsides now, and much healthier range).

They do ok early on (except against Orks, because prow primary weapons against Orks = death unless you are Eldar), but start getting a beating around level 4ish. They just dont have the firepower to deal with big ships before they start dropping.

I like the extra damage on the long range Macros for Imperials now...25% increase isnt awful. I might try out the Tyrant again and focus on Macro upgrades. Tough, long ranged, not terrible dps (it only has 8% dps lower than a Dominators broadsides now, and much healthier range).
    Yeah my Tyrant seemed ok when I tried it and will probably have to swap over to torp boat in bigger games over lances.

Torps are pretty good now. The armour piercing was a good start, but the new Short Burn upgrade is fantastic. The work they did on the auto-cast algorithm for them is nice too....tested it last night and got quite a few very nice hits in brawling ranges, without needing to micro (not that its super hard, but its a nice option).

Torps are pretty good now. The armour piercing was a good start, but the new Short Burn upgrade is fantastic. The work they did on the auto-cast algorithm for them is nice too....tested it last night and got quite a few very nice hits in brawling ranges, without needing to micro (not that its super hard, but its a nice option).
    Auto cast? how do this?

Right click on an ability. Flashy border will come on, and the computer will basically use them for you.
    Works with most abilities....i sometimes throw it on boarding action so that it'll auto board when a valid target enters range and arc. It also works well with Hardened Void Shield....it will only use it if you are taking X DPS, so it wont randomly waste it on the odd hit.

Works ok with Pulsars too funny enough...set attack order, move straight at target. If auto-cast is on the Pulsar, it'll fire in range and you can conentrate on aiming and torps.

Obviously its inferior to a decent player manually using them, but it takes some brain load away....

Oh that is pretty neato ty

Np. Dont expect miracles from it, but it can be pretty useful to cut down the micro. Not a good habit to get into i guess, but i'm too old and slow for the old massive APM stuff these days

How did i not know that Servitors reduce Torpedo reload speed? So obvious.
    Maxed Servitors + Reload order = Torpedos all day baby!

Bought because WAAAAGHHH in space, didn't expect much, but the game is great! Nice surprise.

Eldar are for cunts
    No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games

FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

Quote Originally Posted by filingo View Post
    Eldar are for cunts
    Hit em with a triple lightning strike and laugh.

11% success chance on a none scrub eldar. Favor and crew upgrades are a must. And if you donīt hit the generator not much happens anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    11% success chance on a none scrub eldar. Favor and crew upgrades are a must. And if you donīt hit the generator not much happens anyway.
    Currently most people don't have pimp ships though it wont work in a week or two but for now its alright.

Man the mircrojump drive nerf fucking gutted any chance imperials had outside of cruiser games vs anyone whos any good.
    Last edited by Varcaus; April 23 2016 at 01:04:17 AM.