hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Nova (Dust 2.0 for PC) revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Any idea what sort of size dev team they're working with?
    All of CCP Shanghai. I tried looking (not very hard) to see how big it was but didn't find anything.

Worth mentioning that the guy interviewed, Snorri Árnason, is CCP Rattati.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    All of CCP Shanghai.
    OK, but Shanghai, left to its own devices, ended up releasing a pretty ordinary game.

I'm more interested in the people setting the direction. I mean, just take a look at gameplay videos of Nova vs say, Titanfall and think about the chasm that CCP has to traverse.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    All of CCP Shanghai.
    OK, but Shanghai, left to its own devices, ended up releasing a pretty ordinary game.

I'm more interested in the people setting the direction. I mean, just take a look at gameplay videos of Nova vs say, Titanfall and think about the chasm that CCP has to traverse.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Well hopefully they're right about the niche they've chosen to focus on: realistic sci-fi. And also that they can deliver it.

What’s the unique twist that will make Nova more than every other shooter?

That’s where we are refining the message both at Fanfest and during development. To me — and this may be controversial — I really just want to make a great shooter as I’ve been lacking a great shooter for a long time that I want to play in this setting. For me, the current marketplace doesn’t have a realistic sci-fi FPS that I want to play, and I think that there are people like me who would want that offering. So it’s a tactical, squad-based, realistic game that has its own laws and its own rules and its own lore setting and feels real, and that’s something I’ve always kind of yearned for in games.

“We’re not going into the Team Fortress and Overwatch area; it’s going to be crowded, and there is going to be a winner or two out of that blood bath.”We can see that the market is going very fantasy MOBA direction with games like Overwatch; we are not positioning ourselves to fight on that front. We’re not going into the Team Fortress and Overwatch area; it’s going to be crowded, and there is going to be a winner or two out of that blood bath. We’re going to be in a different area while that’s happening, so for example you can see that Warframe has been very successful in its own niche as a third-person shooter with more of a co-op PvE element but with a realistic “sci-fi cool” genre. We had a lot of people playing DUST 514 in the past, and retaining a bigger chunk of them would have made us more successful.
    Last edited by Mike deVoid; April 27 2016 at 01:49:37 PM.

realistic shooters are and always will be dog shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    realistic shooters are and always will be dog shit.
    Well the compare it to warframe soooo I'm guess it means thematic more than realistic.

"these shield regeneration mechanics are really realistic"

*ignores the fact that he just fired a rocket into a room and there's no deformed terrain*

Destructible cover would probably be sufficient?

I didn't watch all the footage from the OP but it would be nice if the maps had alternative routes that could be opened/closed as seen in BRINK, Dirty Bomb and I'm sure many other games too.

Might be enough, yeah. I'm just looking for the kinds of polish that people expect from FPS games in $current_year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    Might be enough, yeah. I'm just looking for the kinds of polish that people expect from FPS games in $current_year.
    Shit gunplay, DLC and a general disregard for the player?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

Let's be real here for a moment. Dust sucked, some of you here might have liked it but it was still a C-tier game. Valkyrie, despite being the number one most talked about VR game and very simple in concept, still came out to middling reviews. CCP aren't good at making stuff that isn't EVE; they're going to fuck this up too.

Space-ninja-wizards used as an example of realistic sci-fi. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

If CCP does it properly