hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Devpost] Dailies are coming to eve: kill one rat, get 10k SP

Convert learning implants to learning boosters (% over a certain period of time). As fun as it is killing 2b+ isk pods it just leads to people training slower in null sec. You can keep Slaves and etc just divorce their statistics from learning attributes.

A shoehorned game mechanic that does not fit eve that has not been replied about from a lying dev[s] for just more than a month.
    CCP do not listen and do not care.

Soon I will be winning eve.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    If I was employed in the game design department at CCP I would unironically up and resign over something like this.
    Why? It may not be perfect, but is a nice first step. But no, gotta ablooo bloo bloo
    Because it's a lazy implementation of a dubious mechanic designed to juice a nearly completely irrelevant statistic that has very little to do with a good player experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    A shoehorned game mechanic that does not fit eve that has not been replied about from a lying dev[s] for just more than a month.
    CCP do not listen and do not care.

Soon I will be winning eve.
    Look at how retarded you are.

It will get people logging in and undocking. Good change.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

It will also give them a reason to dock back up and log off. "I'm done for the day."

It will also give them a reason to dock back up and log off. "I'm done for the day."
    Then you weren't going to do anything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Agreed.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    sure

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Agreed.
    I'm not sure I understand this position. It's going to take the alt I use 90 seconds, at most, to kill a frig rat in a belt per day. And since I'll be doing it in a destroyer (really!), it's likely that I will probably cause any miners in that belt to dock when I do it.

I don't understand how either of these facts are good for the game. Can someone explain?
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Agreed.
    I'm not sure I understand this position. It's going to take the alt I use 90 seconds, at most, to kill a frig rat in a belt per day. And since I'll be doing it in a destroyer (really!), it's likely that I will probably cause any miners in that belt to dock when I do it.

I don't understand how either of these facts are good for the game. Can someone explain?
    If you aren't logging in, you aren't going to play the game. If you are logging in, however briefly, then you might stick around and play some more; maybe check out that neat citadel that someone just put up in your system. It's an incentive.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Is this account-limited, or can all three character slots milk the honeynipple of skillpoints?

sure
    You were going to do so much that single rat kill can replace it. oh boy

Agreed.

If you aren't logging in, you aren't going to play the game. If you are logging in, however briefly, then you might stick around and play some more; maybe check out that neat citadel that someone just put up in your system. It's an incentive.
    It's an incentive that only works that way if the underlying game is fun. I get 1.5x XP for the first victory I get in every ship I own in World of Warships. Doesn't mean that I take advantage of it for all of them, or even most of them. If the underlying PvE in EVE is not fun (hint: it's not), it's not going to cause people to log in to do it just because they get a tiny bonus for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Is this account-limited, or can all three character slots milk the honeynipple of skillpoints?
    It's account limited: only the first character on each account to complete the opportunity on a given day gets the SP.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

sure
    You were going to do so much that single rat kill can replace it. oh boy
    "Here's an incentive to log on and undock and we hope you stick around to engage with the things that didn't interest you enough to log on and undock to begin with."

Look at how retarded you are.
    The pot calling the kettle black.

Confirming that today I logged in to do my PI, saw someone saying they found an offline POS with CHA/SMA, killed it, and then ganked some dorks hauling their PI on the return trip. None of which I would have partaken in had I just said "eh, I'll let it sit for another week".

SP-for-rat-kill daily might not be a *good* system, but I'm forced to reluctantly concede that there is a possibility that the foundational principle of "if someone logs in for one thing, they might stay and do other things" will work a non-zero percentage of the time.

Agreed.

It's an incentive that only works that way if the underlying game is fun. I get 1.5x XP for the first victory I get in every ship I own in World of Warships. Doesn't mean that I take advantage of it for all of them, or even most of them. If the underlying PvE in EVE is not fun (hint: it's not), it's not going to cause people to log in to do it just because they get a tiny bonus for doing so.
    Why limit it to PVE? He might stay to do something else, meet old friends he saw on his buddy list, check corp chat. Skilltraining offline, endless queues - they do not motivate me to log in at all.

Basicaly what he said:

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigCheez View Post
    Confirming that today I logged in to do my PI, saw someone saying they found an offline POS with CHA/SMA, killed it, and then ganked some dorks hauling their PI on the return trip. None of which I would have partaken in had I just said "eh, I'll let it sit for another week".

SP-for-rat-kill daily might not be a *good* system, but I'm forced to reluctantly concede that there is a possibility that the foundational principle of "if someone logs in for one thing, they might stay and do other things" will work a non-zero percentage of the time.
    It might work, it may only be one step towards a goal. Sure there might have been something else in its place; or nothing at all. Is it so bad to give a bit of free SP to people that actually log? Maybe a fraction of them will stick around.
    I would rather give SP's out that way instead of promoting "sit in your +5's in high sec for 3 months and dont undock at any cost".
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Are these dailies what the 'Tribute' system turned into?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Drain/Nyphur on MassivelyOP
    From what I could gather, it's pretty much a daily quest system but applies across the game. Every piece of PvE content will be given a rating from 1 to 5, and CONCORD will pay out an additional reward on your first piece of content done each day based on that rating. So you could run a wormhole site that's rated level 5 in this system and you'd get the rewards for level 1 to 5, or you could run a mission rated 4 and you'd get the reward for level 1-4, and then if you later ran something rated 5 you'd get the reward you were missing for level 5.

http://fyre.it/XKSmR7.4
    Because the above sounds like it would actually reward interacting with the game

Agreed.

Some people will encounter other ships to kill, maybe see something expensive on scan. Others will happen across a Mordu's rat or something like that in their belt that is obviously worth sticking around for -> they call in for help from their buddies -> random people see ships on scan, warp to belt -> content.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve