hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Devpost] Dailies are coming to eve: kill one rat, get 10k SP

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Ever invaded a country you can't even place on a map?
    That is policy. Blame the men and women who set the policy, not the men and women who carry it out, unless they themselves act in an unseemly or illegal manner.

In other news, EVE has dailies as of yesterday. Is everyone visiting Amarr?
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Batolemaeus View Post
    Congratulations, jester you have gone full retard.
    you may possibly want to brush up on your world history mate

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Ever invaded a country you can't even place on a map?
    That is policy. Blame the men and women who set the policy, not the men and women who carry it out, unless they themselves act in an unseemly or illegal manner.
    America hasn't fought a defensive war in your lifetime. It's a very different institution current soldiers are signing up for. It's worlds apart from any of the conflicts you mentioned. America's armed forces is a pragmatic tool for your foreign policy, and for many of those it employs it is a good career path with decent danger pay and reparations for injury (sort of). American patriotism towards their armed forces and serving soldiers is frankly bizarre.

So the dailies live on TQ now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

So the dailies live on TQ now?
    It's some lottery thing and each character that jumps into Amarr between post DT yesterday and pre-DT on the 26th is eligible to win

America hasn't fought a defensive war in your lifetime. It's a very different institution current soldiers are signing up for. It's worlds apart from any of the conflicts you mentioned.
    ::shrugs:: You say that like people don't have long memories about such things. When is the last time England and France were at war? 1815? And yet I'd bet a month's salary that about a hundred jokes were told on each side of the channel about English/French antagonism in the last 48 hours. Memories of invasions two generations old are still loudly reverberating in Russia's foreign policy right now, today. Ask anyone from China or Korea how they feel about Japan sometime. Memories linger. It impacts people's thinking.

It's easy to forget -- and it's clear you have forgotten -- that for all practical purposes two or three WMDs were used on our soil. And yes, in some ways how America's military was used in the last 15 years or so in response to that was and is indefensibly uncool.

But the institution of the military itself is still very much worthy of respect and honor. It was and is an honorable profession for those who choose to take it up. "Club for gay idiots" ain't cool and I don't regret going off about it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    It's some lottery thing and each character that jumps into Amarr between post DT yesterday and pre-DT on the 26th is eligible to win
    I'm very curious how many people will miss this contest entirely. It was kind of hidden in the Fanfest dev-blog and I haven't seen much outside publicity for it.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

I'm very curious how many people will miss this contest entirely. It was kind of hidden in the Fanfest dev-blog and I haven't seen much outside publicity for it.
    Perhaps people don't want that information spread around? I certainly hadn't seen mention of it elsewhere.

hush you

Real war isn't limited to the military. I grew up with my home country having to re-liberate invaded citizens in the Falklands, we had regular bomb drills+alarms at school (just as you had fire ones) and we modified public spaces (removed bins, etc) because of the IRA actually being effective terrorists, and my remaining grandparents still go on about being Blitzed in the same town they've stayed in the rest of their lives (as it was still the most significant thing to happen domestically in all that time).
    America today doesn't know shit about war on their doorstep, rather than poorly attacking something at least a quarter of the world away, after a few days-worth-of-carcrash-victims and zomg-important-businesses got clocked one time and was apparently all it took to get you to piss all over the 'Land of the Free and Home of the Brave' idea.
    And didn't your own most-recently-successful top dude (again, see WWII) warn of the military-industrial complex, yet you still outspend the rest of the world combined and have done for like half a century?
    Your priorities are obviously fucked up.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; April 20 2016 at 06:31:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

CCP's ideas for Eve dailies are as logical and productive as America's common opinion on an armed civilian in a modern revolution & society (3rd-partying a gun fight is a retarded fantasy), or a huge classic-battlefield military spending for 21st century conflict resolution.
    Better?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; April 20 2016 at 06:36:03 PM.
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

I grew up free because I'm an American.

USA #1

We give out free skillpoints too, in the forms of welfare, for poor scrubs that can't afford injectors because they can't find a job because they're lazy.

Also, Dailies are dumb, giving out SP is even more dumb. Thx CCP for somehow finding a way to shit on Eve when it's doing well again.
    Hi

::shrugs:: You say that like people don't have long memories about such things. When is the last time England and France were at war? 1815? And yet I'd bet a month's salary that about a hundred jokes were told on each side of the channel about English/French antagonism in the last 48 hours.
    Can I have your monthly salary, please ? (if you're in Iceland, I can trade it for a hug !)
    The only thing we (as least from the French side) still have is the weird and complex expression "the perfide Albion". Which, as you may or may not know, is as most about the 100y war as the Waterloo defeat - as the Mers-el-Kébir attack - (which, btw, should have been your pick and not 1815) : nobody gives a fuck.
    Honestly, only one of a hundred frogs (including me) know about these events. Because we're some history nerds. And even, we know that the people that did these choices are dead by now.

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Super unrelated, i always find it interesting how the army is treated in english speaking countries, america especially. Its viewed as something noble to be a solider, while here its mostly is regarded as a place where the people to dumb to learn a real job or study something end up in. A club for gay idiots so to speak.
    Ever had your country invaded? Ever had segments of your country conquered, and then wrested away from the conquering enemy by your soldiers? No? America has. Ever had your closest allies invaded? Your soldiers ever have to leave their families and friends to liberate those allies from the conquering enemy? No? America's have done that too.

That's why we respect and honor those of us who serve our flag.

And if your soldiers have done those things, maybe you should honor them as well instead of making insulting jokes.
    He is from Germany lol.
    Well then, given history I guess his attitude and his jokes are warranted, aren't they?
    I don't care if jokes are warranted. His country has been invaded and taken over by the russians, UK and US. His side lost the second world war, which maybe we people in his country don't like the army.

Oh Shit, I mentioned the war but I might have gotten away with it.
    The worst part is that you nerds took Wolf seriously. I fully expect him to be a 'self-actualized, fedora-wearing, atheist/enlightened/euphoric neckbeard' at all times. So lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    Super unrelated, i always find it interesting how the army is treated in english speaking countries, america especially. Its viewed as something noble to be a solider, while here its mostly is regarded as a place where the people to dumb to learn a real job or study something end up in. A club for gay idiots so to speak.
    Ever had your country invaded? Ever had segments of your country conquered, and then wrested away from the conquering enemy by your soldiers? No? America has. Ever had your closest allies invaded? Your soldiers ever have to leave their families and friends to liberate those allies from the conquering enemy? No? America's have done that too.

And if your soldiers have done those things, maybe you should honor them as well instead of making insulting jokes.
    He is from Germany lol.
    Well then, given history I guess his attitude and his jokes are warranted, aren't they?
    I don't care if jokes are warranted. His country has been invaded and taken over by the russians, UK and US. His side lost the second world war, which maybe we people in his country don't like the army.

The worst part is that you nerds took Wolf seriously. I fully expect him to be a 'self-actualized, fedora-wearing, atheist/enlightened/euphoric neckbeard' at all times. So lol.
    At least on the internet the atheists are the worst kind of people. While im not religious (i am not even baptized as my parents decided that it ought to be my decision if i wanted to join the church) im not an atheist either. I frankly find all the usual atheist argument retarded,- there are two kind of people regarding the bible, those that take it literally and those that take it seriously - and since atheists usualy come down to the same level as the retards arguing for the whole "there were no dinosaurs etc" i usually lump them together.

I see no problem with bringing "god" and sciene together. Live and let live and all.

I came really close to buying a fedora once tbh, but it was in Petra in Jordan and since a Indiana Jones movie was shot there there were goodies to be bought everywhere, containing quite a few fedoras. But they were to expensive and so i didnt buy one.
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post

He is from Germany lol.

At least on the internet the atheists are the worst kind of people. While im not religious (i am not even baptized as my parents decided that it ought to be my decision if i wanted to join the church) im not an atheist either. I frankly find all the usual atheist argument retarded,- there are two kind of people regarding the bible, those that take it literally and those that take it seriously - and since atheists usualy come down to the same level as the retards arguing for the whole "there were no dinosaurs etc" i usually lump them together.

I see no problem with bringing "god" and sciene together. Live and let live and all.

I came really close to buying a fedora once tbh, but it was in Petra in Jordan and since a Indiana Jones movie was shot there there were goodies to be bought everywhere, containing quite a few fedoras. But they were to expensive and so i didnt buy one.
    Why the fuck did I read a w0lf post.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Why the fuck did I read a w0lf post.
    I only see them because people quote them.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    This abomination should be restricted to players with 10M SP or less, perhaps even 20M SP.

After that it's only those with OCD that will be intentionally using it, and we all know the EVE Universe shouldn't encourage more mental disorders than what it already does.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    This abomination should be restricted to players with 10M SP or less, perhaps even 20M SP.

After that it's only those with OCD that will be intentionally using it, and we all know the EVE Universe shouldn't encourage more mental disorders than what it already does.
    It should be stopped dead, if CCP can remove Teams [I'm still not sure WHY they removed this] from eve, they can sure as hell make sure this is stillborn.

Accepting it in any form is appeasement to the pve wow carebears of CCP.
    Last edited by Meester; April 25 2016 at 06:59:29 AM.

jesus fucking christ, i can't believe how hard this thread got de-railed by Xw0lfX's idiotic post. I wonder if w0lf is actually a master troll?
    shame on you daneel and jester

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

It should be stopped dead, if CCP can remove Teams [I'm still not sure WHY they removed this] from eve, they can sure as hell make sure this is stillborn.

Teams are actually a pretty good thing to bring up - the implementation was deeply, deeply flawed but the idea was nice. I see these dailies as being in a similar position.
    With teams, the whole thing was a mess. The UI implementation was horrendous, the auction/bidding system was horrendous, the system was opaque and totally overcomplicated, and to top it off, they were also an awkward intel tool.
    I normally disagree with removal of game mechanics, but I think CCP did the right thing. Trying to fix them would have taken such a long time and require so much work that they were honestly better off scrapping the whole thing and going back to the drawing board.
    CCP should have realised this earlier and just aborted the feature before it launched.

Dailies are in the same position, except obviously the system is much more simple. But my view is that if they launch dailies as they currently exist, they are immediately setting off on the wrong foot.

I totally support rewarding players who actively interact with the sandbox. It would be so good for the game and, if nothing else, because it will actually encourage me to do the same.
    But the current form of dailies is flawed and needs to be re-thought.
    Last edited by Amantus; April 25 2016 at 12:05:04 PM.
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    jesus fucking christ, i can't believe how hard this thread got de-railed by Xw0lfX's idiotic post. I wonder if w0lf is actually a master troll?
    shame on you daneel and jester

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

Teams are actually a pretty good thing to bring up - the implementation was deeply, deeply flawed but the idea was nice. I see these dailies as being in a similar position.
    With teams, the whole thing was a mess. The UI implementation was horrendous, the auction/bidding system was horrendous, the system was opaque and totally overcomplicated, and to top it off, they were also an awkward intel tool.
    I normally disagree with removal of game mechanics, but I think CCP did the right thing. Trying to fix them would have taken such a long time and require so much work that they were honestly better off scrapping the whole thing and going back to the drawing board.
    CCP should have realised this earlier and just aborted the feature before it launched.

Dailies are in the same position, except obviously the system is much more simple. But my view is that if they launch dailies as they currently exist, they are immediately setting off on the wrong foot.

I totally support rewarding players who actively interact with the sandbox. It would be so good for the game and, if nothing else, because it will actually encourage me to do the same.
    But the current form of dailies is flawed and needs to be re-thought.
    Cum
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.