hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: [Devpost] Dailies are coming to eve: kill one rat, get 10k SP

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    Honestly, if someone wants to remain bleeding-edge competitive in a game, yes they should have to actively play the game.
    If I am subbed then I am actively playing.
    lolno
    Hey if my market orders are still up do I not still have an active role in the eve universe?
    If my mobile depot is named with racial epithets and someone comes across it do they not bleed?
    If I forum whore enough am I not making an impact?

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Depends on how rich you are and how much you care about eve.

If you have lots of isk but dont really care about the game anymore, but dont want to rmt everything, staying subed with plex is the better alternative. Cant understand people who pay real money to stay subbed but dont play though.
    Not everything is about money Steve Jobs.
    eh??? Steve Jobs is known for being terrible with money and died with hardly any Apple shares (he foolishly sold them all and lost his job because of it) but kept his Disney stake from the sale of Pixar

wasn't even that rich when he died, its just the recent Disney share price explosion that has made his wife Laurene obscenely rich

l2factsm8
    Last edited by Duos; April 19 2016 at 07:29:18 PM.

Is that "not rich" as in "down to his last few million bucks" not rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Is that "not rich" as in "down to his last few million bucks" not rich?
    It's the "I only need 1 dollar salary from apple" type of "not rich"

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...10#post6447210

So your argument is that I'm not an eve-online player because I can't log in daily, sometimes weekly, because of work?

Wow, you do realize how many groups, not least the armed force players, that can be applied to? You just made them out to be "Not players". Is that your intention?
    Basically CCP doesn't support our troops and is that the kind of America you want your kids to grow up in?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post

So your argument is that I'm not an eve-online player because I can't log in daily, sometimes weekly, because of work?

Wow, you do realize how many groups, not least the armed force players, that can be applied to? You just made them out to be "Not players". Is that your intention?
    Basically CCP doesn't support our troops and is that the kind of America you want your kids to grow up in?
    Super unrelated, i always find it interesting how the army is treated in english speaking countries, america especially. Its viewed as something noble to be a solider, while here its mostly is regarded as a place where the people to dumb to learn a real job or study something end up in. A club for gay idiots so to speak.

(and yes i knew that it was meant sarcastically)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Super unrelated, i always find it interesting how the army is treated in english speaking countries, america especially. Its viewed as something noble to be a solider, while here its mostly is regarded as a place where the people to dumb to learn a real job or study something end up in. A club for gay idiots so to speak.

In my experience, in the U.S., we often view it as both: Noble to serve, and filled with many a grunts who couldn't do "real jobs". Officers are seen as well educated leaders (mostly, sorta), grunts as noble but kinda dumb (mostly, sorta).

The way the military and violence in general are fetishised in the US is certainly one of the creepier things the Internet has exposed me to.

[America] has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

It's really just the American media and those people who have American flags on their front lawn. I mean WTF.

I bet Grath has an American flag on his front lawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Ever had your country invaded? Ever had segments of your country conquered, and then wrested away from the conquering enemy by your soldiers? No? America has. Ever had your closest allies invaded? Your soldiers ever have to leave their families and friends to liberate those allies from the conquering enemy? No? America's have done that too.

That's why we respect and honor those of us who serve our flag.

And if your soldiers have done those things, maybe you should honor them as well instead of making insulting jokes.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Ever had your country invaded? Ever had segments of your country conquered, and then wrested away from the conquering enemy by your soldiers? No? America has. Ever had your closest allies invaded? Your soldiers ever have to leave their families and friends to liberate those allies from the conquering enemy? No? America's have done that too.

And if your soldiers have done those things, maybe you should honor them as well instead of making insulting jokes.
    He is from Germany lol.

Ever had your soldiers go to a foreign country and massacre innocent people? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre
    Last edited by Christopher Multsanti; April 20 2016 at 10:00:53 AM.
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post

He is from Germany lol.
    Well then, given history I guess his attitude and his jokes are warranted, aren't they?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Ever invaded a country you can't even place on a map? Ever conquered segments of a country for reasons you can't quite explain, and then had that wrested away from you by a bunch of farmers while scrambling to escape in helicopters? No? America has. Ever invaded tiny Caribbean islands? Your soldiers ever have to leave their families and friends to sit in a desert for years dodging IEDs and guard poppy fields? No? America's have done that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post

He is from Germany lol.
    Well then, given history I guess his attitude and his jokes are warranted, aren't they?
    I don't care if jokes are warranted. His country has been invaded and taken over by the russians, UK and US. His side lost the second world war, which maybe we people in his country don't like the army.

Oh Shit, I mentioned the war but I might have gotten away with it.

Ever had your country invaded? Ever had segments of your country conquered, and then wrested away from the conquering enemy by your soldiers? No? America has.
    Are you talking about the civil war? Or do we have different definition of "invade"?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Ever had your country invaded? Ever had segments of your country conquered, and then wrested away from the conquering enemy by your soldiers? No? America has.
    Are you talking about the civil war? Or do we have different definition of "invade"?
    mate some sandniggers crashed planes into new york it's basically the same as bitzkrieg
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Congratulations, you people have gone full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Batolemaeus View Post
    Congratulations, you people have gone full retard.
    MYLP
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Dumb Q perhaps but is officer/grunt as class divided in other countries as it is in uk?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    The three most obvious: Revolutionary War (at various points, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Charleston were captured and occupied). War of 1812 (among other losses, Washington DC was sacked and burned). World War II (several American territories and military bases were captured and occupied).

And I make neither excuses nor apologies for honoring our soldiers. Because of them, I have the freedom to chat with you fine people. Describing the occupation of someone who starts their lives (and perhaps, spends their lives) defending my way of life as a "club for gay idiots" is insulting and demeaning in the extreme. Those of you who feel differently (particularly Daneel, who neg-repped me for my feelings) can fuck right off.