hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 402

Thread: [Devpost] Dailies are coming to eve: kill one rat, get 10k SP

  1. #1

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,227

    [Devpost] Dailies are coming to eve: kill one rat, get 10k SP

    https://forums.eveonline.com/default...54#post6430054
    Hi

    I'm here to give you guys a heads up that sometime early next week a small daily activity reward feature will be hitting Singularity and will hopefully be making its way to TQ sometime just after Citadel.

    As you guys surely know, having people in game and in space is great and we want to start promoting and rewarding activity a little more directly. The version of the feature we are planning to deploy first will be a simple 10,000 skill point reward that a character will receive the first time they kill an NPC ship every 22 hours. The skillpoints will go into your unallocated pool to be used however you like.

    You will find the status of your daily skill boost in the Opportunities info panel and you will also receive notifications to let you know when it becomes available.

    That's it for now. If this goes well we hope to expand in several ways, but more on that later!

    Feedback appreciate as always,
    CCP Rise for Team Size Matters

  2. #2
    Donor Lorkin Desal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,548
    I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

  3. #3
    Miriam Sasko's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    839
    /me checks the calendar.

    Looks like the announcement is a week late.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    July 13, 2011
    Posts
    968
    uhm, if the idea is to promote the casual players to do more things more often...i can understand but not really agree with the reward, unless it is specifically aimed at new players....

  5. #5
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,061
    ffs

  6. #6
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,077
    It feels weird.
    What I like about eve is that I don't get a bad feeling when I don't log in. With those changes it will be like throwing away free SP/ISK when you don't log in.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  7. #7
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    If i still cared about sp i probably would be bothered.



    Probably a good change though. At least for me, if i log in i usually enjoy the game and play for a while, so getting people to log in is a good idea. Undock, kill a rat, see t1 frig on scan, go hunt and a few hours are gone before you know it.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; April 8 2016 at 06:29:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  8. #8
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,061
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    It feels weird.
    What I like about eve is that I don't get a bad feeling when I don't log in. With those changes it will be like throwing away free SP/ISK when you don't log in.

    Yeah exactly. However I have all the skills I need and I frankly lack the energy to make a fuss about this terrible idea so fuck it, whatever. I'll kill a frigate rat if I see one and get on with my day.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,751
    Wasn't one of the big complaints about the latest WoW expansion related to how many daily activities there were?

    Ultimately, this is not an effective use of your time vs just buying a skill injector, you can grind enough for an injector in a few hours vs logging in and finding an NPC to kill 50 days in a row will probably eat up more time than that.

    You will get substantially more SP over the course of a year doing this than not though.
    Last edited by Boltorano; April 8 2016 at 06:49:39 PM.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Snigg-PL
    Posts
    1,425
    Dailys ruined gw2.
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

    Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

  11. #11
    Ben Derindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by LoKiPP View Post
    The entire Heart of Thorns expansion ruined gw2.
    FYP.

  12. #12
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,654
    At this (late) stage of Eve's life, its actually not a bad idea to make skill earning dynamic again.

    It actually worked like this in the early days of release, FYI. Doing ANY action added SPs to the relevant skill (e.g. activate MWD? Get MWD sps). The problem back then was that your SPs were fundamentally crucial to your competitiveness, and the system could be trivially gamed.

    Nowadays your SPs dont matter so much - you can buy more, or buy a character, and once you are over 40m or so for your main choice of ships you are going to have the same skills as anyone else anyway.

    Its not like "not" doing this will disadvantage anyone who has been playing any decent length of time particularly. Firstly you probably dont need more SPs, but if you do you can just buy the same sps for ISK or $.

    In short, I cant see a reason this would be bad... except the usual CHANGE IS BAD, EVE IS DEFINED BY HOW IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO AND SHOULDNT CHANGE FROM THAT crew.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Pandemic Legion
    Posts
    436
    So 10k per 22h meaning 455 sp/h, compared to the 2700 sp/h for max remap/implant training. This is a 17 % boost, something like 25 % worst case.


    It also goes against one of the core principles of EVE, so there's that.

  14. #14
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Wasn't one of the big complaints about the latest WoW expansion related to how many daily activities there were?

    Ultimately, this is not an effective use of your time vs just buying a skill injector, you can grind enough for an injector in a few hours vs logging in and finding an NPC to kill 50 days in a row will probably eat up more time than that.

    You will get substantially more SP over the course of a year doing this than not though.
    Mop isnt a good example, to stay competetive you had to do 4 hours of dailies a day, which really cannot be compared to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  15. #15
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    At this (late) stage of Eve's life, its actually not a bad idea to make skill earning dynamic again.

    It actually worked like this in the early days of release, FYI. Doing ANY action added SPs to the relevant skill (e.g. activate MWD? Get MWD sps). The problem back then was that your SPs were fundamentally crucial to your competitiveness, and the system could be trivially gamed.

    Nowadays your SPs dont matter so much - you can buy more, or buy a character, and once you are over 40m or so for your main choice of ships you are going to have the same skills as anyone else anyway.

    Its not like "not" doing this will disadvantage anyone who has been playing any decent length of time particularly. Firstly you probably dont need more SPs, but if you do you can just buy the same sps for ISK or $.

    In short, I cant see a reason this would be bad... except the usual CHANGE IS BAD, EVE IS DEFINED BY HOW IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO AND SHOULDNT CHANGE FROM THAT crew.
    Agree, its irrelevant for older players and probably very good for newer ones. More sp is always good for them. I remember being slightly annoyed at the start of eve that you had to do nothing for a week or so simply because you had to wait for skills, and you need a minimum to be able to actually play. This helps somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  16. #16

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Mop isnt a good example, to stay competetive you had to do 4 hours of dailies a day, which really cannot be compared to this.
    Fair enough, never having played another MMOG I don't have any perspective.

  17. #17
    jimmychrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31, 2011
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Agree, its irrelevant for older players and probably very good for newer ones. More sp is always good for them. I remember being slightly annoyed at the start of eve that you had to do nothing for a week or so simply because you had to wait for skills, and you need a minimum to be able to actually play. This helps somewhat.
    Is it really that good to funnel new players towards shooting npc's? It's pretty much the most boring activity in Eve with the possible exception of mining.

  18. #18
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In short, I cant see a reason this would be bad... except the usual CHANGE IS BAD, EVE IS DEFINED BY HOW IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO AND SHOULDNT CHANGE FROM THAT crew.
    Some changes are good, some are bad, this one falls directly into the Hilmars ideas heap of bad ideas, do not pass go, do not collect 200.

    Skill injectors come from directly training, these daily opportunities are just dumb and contradict what CCP said in a skill injector devblog - 'we make sure there is one single mechanism that brings new skillpoints in to the system – training.'

  19. #19
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Agree, its irrelevant for older players and probably very good for newer ones. More sp is always good for them. I remember being slightly annoyed at the start of eve that you had to do nothing for a week or so simply because you had to wait for skills, and you need a minimum to be able to actually play. This helps somewhat.
    Is it really that good to funnel new players towards shooting npc's? It's pretty much the most boring activity in Eve with the possible exception of mining.
    New players always have to shoot npcs anyways. A really new player will spent at the very least a week doing pve, and the most likely will continue to pve somewhat for years to come. And considering how easy it is to game the system regarding anything pvp wise (i.e a killmark per day also gives x sp) i dont think they had any other choice.


    (also, we need a major pve overhaul, cause that first week is pretty shit as far as mmorpgs go, and most people have to do it for month before they can try their hand at the good stuff i.e pvp, so its not wonder that people are quitting by the thousands when they first try eve)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  20. #20
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    New players always have to shoot npcs anyways. A really new player will spent at the very least a week doing pve, and the most likely will continue to pve somewhat for years to come.
    New players should feel they have a choice and not have to do chores to maximise their skill allotment.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •