hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 1683 FirstFirst 123456714541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    As elmicker and Tafkat said EU has already tried to shaft over London and was only stopped because UK had a say in it. I'm sure if you lot leave more will be done just out of spite and to show the other EU nations its not the best idea to leave.
    If the UK leaves the EU the populaces of the other 'well off' (and even not so well off) nations will become more disenfranchised and call for their own referendums.
    Maybe. Doubt it tho especially of the euro nations.
    Denmark will have a go, Finland might and I wouldn't be surprised if France had a referendum.
    Ill buy you a beer if it goes that way.
    France is never leaving the EU, not as long as it can keep getting those sweet, sweet agricultural subsidies.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by david32 View Post
    TMA speaking German, ima come live with you Stoffellekin
    Are you potty trained?

Most important thing about speaking viennese, be a grumpy two faced cunt. Lots of meaningless niceties covering a core of dark dry sarcasm.
    Sounds cozy.

Can I Immigrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    I think you underestimate just how eurosceptic a large amount of the Euro populace are. Lets not forget it wasn't that long ago the French & Irish voted against a Euro treaty (And the Dutch?) only to have it rammed down their throats again until they voted "The right way"..
    Voting against further integration is not the same as voting to dismantle the union. There is no other country in the EU where public opinion is remotely supportive of leaving.
    Slightly different question was asked in this poll, but the EU is far from popular in quite a few countries. And if this migration situation continues this will only gain further traction

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    As elmicker and Tafkat said EU has already tried to shaft over London and was only stopped because UK had a say in it. I'm sure if you lot leave more will be done just out of spite and to show the other EU nations its not the best idea to leave.
    If the UK leaves the EU the populaces of the other 'well off' (and even not so well off) nations will become more disenfranchised and call for their own referendums.
    Denmark will have a go, Finland might and I wouldn't be surprised if France had a referendum.
    France is never leaving the EU, not as long as it can keep getting those sweet, sweet agricultural subsidies.
    They might if they keep getting terrorised by kebabs.

Took a trip to Paris a few years ago (long before last year's events), was pretty surprised to see armed soldiers at major tourist attractions and at train stations.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    They might if they keep getting terrorised by kebabs.

Took a trip to Paris a few years ago (long before last year's events), was pretty surprised to see armed soldiers at major tourist attractions and at train stations.
    Unlike the UK; in mainland Europe troops are expected to work.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

I think you underestimate just how eurosceptic a large amount of the Euro populace are. Lets not forget it wasn't that long ago the French & Irish voted against a Euro treaty (And the Dutch?) only to have it rammed down their throats again until they voted "The right way"..
    The Dutch were shafted in 2005, when roughly 2/3rds of the voters rejected the Euro-constitution, which was then called the Treaty of Lisbon' and got rammed down our throat.

Regarding in or out of the EU, the latest poll showed 44% in favour of staying, 43% of leaving. So it's not as clear cut as someone mentioned.

I wish the Brittish 'no'-camp the best of luck, and I hope it will help end the EU as we know it.
    Would be fitting for a Brit to say: You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go! to the EU parliament.
    WOT & WT: Kyril

Funny how in 4 pages no one mentioned the single relevant point of this circus:
    The European Union financial transaction tax (EU FTT) is a proposal made by the European Commission to introduce a financial transaction tax (FTT) within some of the member states of the European Union initially by 1 January 2014, later postponed to 1 January 2016 and then to Mid 2016.

Guess which colour is against?
    The tax that could raise 57 billion Euros per year if implemented across the entire EU
    that's 2 to 3 nasa's
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post
    Funny how in 4 pages no one mentioned the single relevant point of this circus:
    The European Union financial transaction tax (EU FTT) is a proposal made by the European Commission to introduce a financial transaction tax (FTT) within some of the member states of the European Union initially by 1 January 2014, later postponed to 1 January 2016 and then to Mid 2016.

Guess which colour is against?
    The tax that could raise 57 billion Euros per year if implemented across the entire EU
    that's 2 to 3 nasa's
    Wait, is this similar to the 'Robin Hood' tax which incidentally crashed the Swedish economy with no survivors?

that's 2 to 3 nasa's
    And of course the money would never be spent on anything like this just pissed up a wall or blatantly stolen? How long has it been since the EU's account have been audited and signed off? 20+ years or so?

Part of me is really curious what a shitshow europe will become once the nations leave and fuck everything up entirely because they're so up their own ass and think division will help in any way, a glorious trainwreck of colossal proportions with even more arguing and squabbling than now, back to the good old times where europe was truly a paradise... oh, wait. You know, instead of trying to fix it, just keep arguing and making it worse and worse, the true old european way.

Not really looking forward to that though.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Part of me is really curious what a shitshow europe will become once the nations leave and fuck everything up entirely because they're so up their own ass and think division will help in any way, a glorious trainwreck of colossal proportions with even more arguing and squabbling than now, back to the good old times where europe was truly a paradise... oh, wait. You know, instead of trying to fix it, just keep arguing and making it worse and worse, the true old european way.

The UK meet's Nato's minimum standards. Not many others do...

Being in the EU has nothing to do with defence.

I bet some countries who can actually cooperate will try again in a better way. Maybe they won't even leave it when it collapses, just reform it without those who departed.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

I know you border on the retarded half of the time but how did you manage to read that into my post?

or is it just some silly attempt at trying to make UK look superior and nothing else?

I literally have a backup plan to move back to Australia because at that point it'll be less fucked up.

smuggo

I know you border on the retarded half of the time but how did you manage to read that into my post?

or is it just some silly attempt at trying to make UK look superior and nothing else?
    I was just posting mate.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    I literally have a backup plan to move back to Australia because at that point it'll be less fucked up.
    That's exactly my plan if we stay in the EU .

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    As an American, I don't care one way or the other how this turns out. However, I am curious what snarky comment evil edna will make.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    And I'll vote based on what I see, hear and read. Not because of some personal vendetta against eastern europeans or because I dislike the man standing on the opposite side of the argument.
    PARKLIFE!
    kekking irl
    I owe it all to this video

guy on the preview looks like cullnerd

that's 2 to 3 nasa's
    And of course the money would never be spent on anything like this just pissed up a wall or blatantly stolen? How long has it been since the EU's account have been audited and signed off? 20+ years or so?
    Most of the Eu budget is spent by nations in the Eu, and the error ( <5%) is due to things like people claiming farming subsidies for sheep they don't own.

Once again the Eu gets the blame for national government behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    that's 2 to 3 nasa's
    Most of the Eu budget is spent by nations in the Eu, and the error ( <5%) is due to things like people claiming farming subsidies for sheep they don't own.

Once again the Eu gets the blame for national government behaviour.
    So it's national governments that are stopping the EU from having it's accounts audited?