hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 787 FirstFirst 123451252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    what do continental euros think of the whole thing?
    Bread and games for the masses, its the age old way of distracting your population from any real issues, make one of which the outcome is irrelevant.

Basically the usa would invade another desert somewhere, and the cont. euros would argue about old fashioned traditions disappearing.
    Last edited by Torashuu; February 21 2016 at 12:51:41 PM.

London can stay in and declare itself a sovereign state, the rest of you can fuck off and leave.

cont. yurop don't care that much about brits being in or out of the EU, I man aside from the common borders and being included in the governing bodies like all the other members, they've arguably contributed fuckall in return in the last decade.

Except Viviane Redding, she's a good girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

TMA speaking German, ima come live with you Stoffellekin
    Lazarus for Mod!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    cont. yurop don't care that much about brits being in or out of the EU, I man aside from the common borders and being included in the governing bodies like all the other members, they've arguably contributed fuckall in return in the last decade.

Are you retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

Are you retarded?
    Are you mad for being called irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

The most hilarious scenario i can imagine is if every single country in the EU tried to get the same privileges the UK dreams of. Its pretty clear they want to have veto power not just regarding what affects them directly, but also be able to spoil it for everyone else. The UK has never seen itself as an equal in the european community.

At the end of the day, Cameron will do what the City tells him to, i dont believe a plebiscite will change that in any meaningful way.

So yeah, theres lots of shit to do better in the EU, and I am all for a stop to the blind drive towards a european nation, when like 0.05% of the population supports it. But for the love of god, if you stay in, learn to shut the fuck up about your homegrown problems coming from the evil EU.

Are you retarded?
    I'm just curious, are you aware how much the UK contributes to the EU's budget? Are you aware that London is its financial centre?

Are you retarded?
    I'm just curious, are you aware how much the UK contributes to the EU's budget? Are you aware that London is its financial centre?
    Yes. We still dont care about you. Thinking that London will remain a financial centre after you lot fuck off is VERY optimistic. I'm quite sure Frankfurt or any other city will gladly take its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

Are you retarded?
    Yes. We still dont care about you. Thinking that London will remain a financial centre after you lot fuck off is VERY optimistic. I'm quite sure Frankfurt or any other city will gladly take its place.

Are you also aware that it's probably the world's financial centre and doesn't really depend on the EU?

Are you retarded?
    London doesn't need EU membership to remain a world financial centre.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Are you retarded?
    No, but it needs the fuckton of immigrants who work there, you know :3 Irrelevant stuff like that. All movement will be considerably worse in and out if these things go through.

Not even bothered tbh. Probably will end up like the Scotland thingie.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Are you retarded?
    No, but it needs the fuckton of immigrants who work there, you know :3 Irrelevant stuff like that. All movement will be considerably worse in and out if these things go through.

i'm not sure how leaving the EU would affect immigration? if anything we could probably select the people we want and not have to just accept anyone.

Are you retarded?

You mean movement in and out will be just like it was before Europe tried to be the united states without giving up the core of what makes european borders?

Free movement only serves to aid big businesses and the governments of the richer nations in the EU resulting in a race to the bottom. The implication that if the UK leaves the EU then all the foreign NHS workers will be packed off to camps before being deported is pure sophistry. If we were willing to import masses of Philippine nurses in the late '90s then why not Romanian Doctors or Italian Nurses?

Ever wonder why there's so many foreigners in the NHS? It's because it's cheaper than training our own. It's a ponzi scheme at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i'm not sure how leaving the EU would affect immigration? if anything we could probably select the people we want and not have to just accept anyone.
    It means for example that I would have to get a visa when going home if I want to get back albeit I've been living here for a little over 5 years, have a stable job, renting, all sorts of investments in assets and what not - basically everything I own is here and I only have my home country passport with me and the UK driver's license. I even gave up on renewing my home country ID card because why bother, my passport expires in a few years and I'll have had citizenship by then. However, I haven't started yet the preliminaries to get citizenship, so I'll probably be stuck here without being able to get out of the UK (and still being able to get back) until that happens.

Yes, I may be a special case, didn't have time to get the ID card renewed, however if I didn't have time for that how do you think I'll have time to get a freaking visa? :3

Anyway, will start procedures soon, so not bothered. Can't wait to take scissors to my old passport.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Free movement only serves to aid big businesses and the governments of the richer nations in the EU resulting in a race to the bottom. Ever wonder why there's so many foreigners in the NHS? It's because it's cheaper than training our own. It's a ponzi scheme at the end of the day.

it is cheaper and stuff, however doesn't change the fact that the NHS rests on a lot of immigrants like me and many others. And it should sound alarm bells to people wanting to... you know, get medical assistance and stuff

Fact of the matter is almost all the international NHS staff I talked to don't even consider going back to their original countries. Including me. We have friends and we're invested in living here. And we're working our asses off without complaining and we enjoy it since we have tools to do our jobs with and what not. And we feel we're appreciated by our patients, I've yet to hear somebody I looked after complain I'm not british
    Six shooters ruined PvP.

Largest forex market, largest derivatives market, largest incidence of international bank lending. Pretty sure it's also the largest market for issuance of debt securities/instruments.

English contract law continues to dominate international finance. It's pretty much the gold standard. Guess where 5 of the largest law firms in the world are centred? Guess where all the chancery/commercial barristers live? Guess what city has the most amount of overseas banks operating within it?

GFC index number one currently and for 6 consecutive years.

IFCD index number two (but basically commensurate with New York).

This isn't even an argument, London is on a completely different level to other euro financial centres/most of the planet's. It has been that way since the 19th century.
    Last edited by Djan Seriy Anaplian; February 21 2016 at 02:10:15 PM.

The eurozone countries could knock a non-EU London off its perch as a financial centre with a quickness if they so desired simply by implementing protectionist measures. They've already tried once and were only stopped because the UK was able to bring a case against them in the EU courts; if we'd been outside the EU, that legal challenge wouldn't have been open to us.

Fact of the matter is almost all the international NHS staff I talked to don't even consider going back to their original countries. Including me. We have friends and we're invested in living here. And we're working our asses off without complaining and we enjoy it since we have tools to do our jobs with and what not. And we feel we're appreciated by our patients, I've yet to hear somebody I looked after complain I'm not british
    Nice selective quoting.

And as I said, if the UK ends up leaving the EU it's not as if all NHS/skilled workers (or anyone else for that matter) will be immediately deported.