hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1612 of 1683 FirstFirst ... 6121112151215621602160916101611161216131614161516221662 ... LastLast
Results 32,221 to 32,240 of 33650

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I have bigger issues with people like the Duke of Westminster avoiding inheritance tax on 9 bill via trusts AND WHO DO NOTHING TO HELP ANYONE, than billionaires like Bill Gates who do in some ways attempt to use their wealth to better the lives of others.
    There's literally nothing wrong with avoiding inheritance theft
    you are the poster-child of why inheritance taxation needs to be 100% above a certain threshold.
    Why are you so against providing for your children?

I have bigger issues with people like the Duke of Westminster avoiding inheritance tax on 9 bill via trusts AND WHO DO NOTHING TO HELP ANYONE, than billionaires like Bill Gates who do in some ways attempt to use their wealth to better the lives of others.
    inheritance tax != inheritance theft

you are the poster-child of why inheritance taxation needs to be 100% above a certain threshold.
    Why are you so against equality of opportunity?

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Hmm? The poors still go to school fam

I mean, I fucked everything up and work as an IT monkey, I don't feel especially privileged when 70% of my income goes towards a shite flat

why do you hate poor people ?

I mean, I fucked everything up and work as an IT monkey, I don't feel especially privileged when 70% of my income goes towards a shite flat
    why should a failson like you inherit the wealth your parents worked "so hard" for ?

by your own admission you've done nothing to earn it aside from being shat out of the correct™ vagina.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Banned
    Why are you shit at discussions?

Pictured: Xeno ITT

I have the solution, gentlemen. https://youtu.be/fc38SLvTpIA

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Why are you shit at discussions?
    just making sure the argument is on a level you're comfortable with.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Returning historical trinkets is a kind gesture, it'd be a little more useful to actual people to return to the value of surplus labour which extracted yearly.
    You realize the irony of all of this is that in a lot of ways, globalism is actually the force that is doing the most to fix the issues of colonialism, by redistributing wealth from the first world to the third world, but no one in the first world liked that very much, so there you go.
    I don't think that (=the force that's doing the most) is the case. Because if it is/was, then Africa would have benefited from it equally well as Asia does/did. But I don't see much progression in that regard in Africa. What I do see instead is that especially asian countries managed to implement (very different) systems to benefit from the inherent greed in capitalism.

E.g. China allows joint ventures only. Every western company doing production in China has to do so with a Chinese partner. And those farm all the knowledge and simply steal IP and then go off to do their own stuff. And know that China has accumulated enougb wealth that way, they're going on a shopping spree in the western world and buy up known brands.

Taiwan in turn benefited from China's communist revolution, becoming a refuge for the intellectual class that fled main land China during Mao's regime.

Oh, and before I forget it: globalism is a slick term which made it into common language during the neo-conservative phase in the 1990s. But what it stands for is nothing new. In that regard, "globalism" is as old as the Chinese silk street.
    You should go take a look at how much building the Chinese are doing in Africa.
    I'm well aware of that. And yet there doesn't seem to be any more progress in significantly raising wealth in these countries. Just like there hasn't been any when the former colonial powers did the building. One might hope that it does play out in the long run this time, though.

Taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y-adjusted_HDI

So you failed but you're still fine because of :inheritence:, whereas someone else failed because of a shit start at life and although they're technically better than you they don't have daddy's money to prop them up, which is just fine because maybe they shouldn't have been born to a poor family. And trying to rebalance this so everyone has a safety net like you did is somehow bad.

Trust fund kids, my god they're just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I have the solution, gentlemen. https://youtu.be/fc38SLvTpIA

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Wise use of your last remaining 200Mb data plan quota.
    Godspeed comrade postslayer

Banned

So you failed but you're still fine because of :inheritence:, whereas someone else failed because of a shit start at life and although they're technically better than you they don't have daddy's money to prop them up, which is just fine because maybe they shouldn't have been born to a poor family. And trying to rebalance this so everyone has a safety net like you did is somehow bad.

IKR it's pretty great

(I'm completely burnt out on political debate and I have a seething hatred of both the screeching leftists and the toxic right so I just don't care anymore)

IKR it's pretty great

(I'm completely burnt out on political debate and I have a seething hatred of both the screeching leftists and the toxic right so I just don't care anymore)
    Translation: I'm wrong and I can't prove my point because it's terrible so I'm going to pretend I cba

Banned

IKR it's pretty great

Translation: I'm wrong and I can't prove my point because it's terrible so I'm going to pretend I cba
    oh right yeah the immediate angry "you are the opposition so you must be wrong" sperge is another factor

Realtalk, I want equality of oppurtunity but I also don't feel like the state should seize peoples assets willy nilly, I don't have a solution.

for the record, my father was born into a fishermans family in Alderney and started a finance software company in the 80s, hardly some legacy of exploiting the poors for infinite wealth that you lot seem to think my family is.

I don't even have a trust fund

Good for your father, he's earned his money.

The options for government to redistribute wealth:
    1) tax people
    2) employ people

If the top 1% end up with too much money and it's negatively affecting the population, taxing inheritance is a legit way to redistribute the wealth. It's not like they're leaving the kids with nothing either, it's still a lot more money than the other 99% of the population so if you can't figure out how to use that to give yourself an advantage then maybe you shouldn't be trusted with it anyways

1) tax people
    2) employ people

If the top 1% end up with too much money and it's negatively affecting the population, taxing inheritance is a legit way to redistribute the wealth. It's not like they're leaving the kids with nothing either, it's still a lot more money than the other 99% of the population so if you can't figure out how to use that to give yourself an advantage then maybe you shouldn't be trusted with it anyways
    I'm going to repeat the point I was making a few days ago: the petite-bourgeois families like Xenos are not the cause of the rampant inequality in the world today. The proverbial 'inherited flat in london' is not the problem here. It's the billionaires, the ~42 who own more than half of the planet combined.

I definitely think there should be an inheritance tax but focusing on the bottommost ranks of the petite-bourgeois isn't going to fix anything when you got manchildren like the Koch son who are inheriting billions, tax free.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

1) tax people
    2) employ people

I'm going to repeat the point I was making a few days ago: the petite-bourgeois families like Xenos are not the cause of the rampant inequality in the world today. The proverbial 'inherited flat in london' is not the problem here. It's the billionaires, the ~42 who own more than half of the planet combined.

I definitely think there should be an inheritance tax but focusing on the bottommost ranks of the petite-bourgeois isn't going to fix anything when you got manchildren like the Koch son who are inheriting billions, tax free.
    I get that, but I just think when people call it inheritance theft and try their hardest not to pay it in any way that it should be dealt with. For everyone equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

1) tax people
    2) employ people

I get that, but I just think when people call it inheritance theft and try their hardest not to pay it in any way that it should be dealt with. For everyone equally.
    Yes, it should apply to everyone equally but it doesn't. So I see why he sees it as a 'theft' when the billionaires have access to all kinds of """legal""" ways to avoid paying any kind of tax and continuing their dynasties. If everyone paid in fairly, it really wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Rent a flat above a shop
    Cut your hair and get a job
    Smoke some fags and play some pool
    Pretend you never went to school
    But still you'll never get it right
    'Cos when you're laying in bed at night
    Watching roaches climb the wall
    If you called your dad he could stop it all
    Yeah