hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 746 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 246646696736743744745746747748749756796846 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,920 of 24823

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    "The UK is a member of the EU. People who live in Scotland are EU citizens through dint of their UK citizenship. Business that are based in Scotland have access to the EU markets because they are registered UK businesses."

So with a Scottish independence you would essentially, Leave the EU (Because of Brexit), Leave the UK, attempt to rejoin the EU.

I say attempt because, reasons.
    That is what the European Commission has said yes
    To be fair had they said "Scotland gets into EU if they leave the UK" that would have been a shitshow of epic proportions politically i guess.

Could be looked at as the EU directly convincing Scotland to fuck up the UK, not sure it's an image anyone wants.

Scotland leaving EU no matter what - PM - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-39282094

Mentioned in this BBC article that if someone breaks from a member state they have to reapply. So it's already been covered.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    Scotland leaving EU no matter what - PM - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-39282094

Mentioned in this BBC article that if someone breaks from a member state they have to reapply. So it's already been covered.
    It really doesnt mean shit. Reason for that is it have never happened. And its there to discourage separatists in Italy, France and Spain.

When it happens by consent it will be a different matter. (Country splitting of without a war)

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Lol, Hammond has had to do a U-turn on the NI increase.
    Pity. It was actually quite a sensible policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    So with a Scottish independence you would essentially, Leave the EU (Because of Brexit), Leave the UK, attempt to rejoin the EU.
    Let's put it that way: If you leave the part that leaves ... is that what you do then considered to be "leave" or "stay"?

I really have no idea and my common sense says Scotland needs to reapply, of course. But then again jurisdiction often heavily conflicts with comon sense, so there's that.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Or they could wait to see what brexit actually looks like 2yrs down the line? People didn't know what voting brexit was so they'll have less of an idea what indyref2 would mean.
    Indryref 2 voting to leave the UK and inevitably joining the EU would mean Germany shoving a huge throbbing erection of austerity up the Scottish government's delicate wee budgetary 'hole' so to speak.
    It really wouldnt. Germany isnt retarded they can see the future of the EU hangs in the balance. They will want it to be a huge success (compared to English failure) to demonstrate the value of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or they could wait to see what brexit actually looks like 2yrs down the line? People didn't know what voting brexit was so they'll have less of an idea what indyref2 would mean.
    Indryref 2 voting to leave the UK and inevitably joining the EU would mean Germany shoving a huge throbbing erection of austerity up the Scottish government's delicate wee budgetary 'hole' so to speak.
    It really wouldnt. Germany isnt retarded they can see the future of the EU hangs in the balance. They will want it to be a huge success (compared to English failure) to demonstrate the value of the EU.
    [citation needed]

If Germany wants to save the union it'd need to do a damn sight more than coddle Scotland as an example of their good will and empathy to import-dominant economies.
    Last edited by Keckers; March 15 2017 at 08:31:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

While Scotland would certainly need to reapply... being a current member means that laws, regulations and economy are all compliant to EU regs and reqs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Smuggo
    Looks like the Dutch Farage has failed according to exit polls. And in a welcome development a left wing party of communists has done rather well. Vodkas all round comrades.

Banned
    I think Erdogan's hijinks scuppered any hope the Dutch right had

good guy Erdogan?
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

Looks like the Dutch Farage has failed according to exit polls. And in a welcome development a left wing party of communists has done rather well. Vodkas all round comrades.
    I think the centre right has played the Turks well and that has swayed public opinion towards the serving PM but 'not away' from Wilders. From bits and pieces I've picked up most freedom party supporters don't want Wilders as prime minister, they just want him to get enough votes to have an influence.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

To be fair, many Dutch did vote for the "act normal or go away" party. Just not Wilders' one.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    I think the centre right has played the Turks well and that has swayed public opinion towards the serving PM but 'not away' from Wilders. From bits and pieces I've picked up most freedom party supporters don't want Wilders as prime minister, they just want him to get enough votes to have an influence.
    *Towards* the serving PM ? lol
    He lost 8 seats. Also labour lost massively. And the lolgreens even got 14 seats.

The right wing demagogues got #Rekt. Thanks Trump!
    Last edited by Stoffl; March 16 2017 at 06:21:11 AM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

Jobless rate down but wage growth slows
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39277539

May says nope to referendum 2.

"Now not the time"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-39293513

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post

"Now not the time"

She actually said "not now", which tbh is reasonable. Everyone is going to be kind of busy for the next 2 years, and the last thing anybody needs right now is more uncertainty and another referendum campaign.

I'd be shocked if we dont see one after Brexit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

"Now not the time"

She actually said "not now", which tbh is reasonable. Everyone is going to be kind of busy for the next 2 years, and the last thing anybody needs right now is more uncertainty and another referendum campaign.

I'm still crossing my fingers that there'll be a tipping point shortly after the NI debacle where a convincing left wing narrative can break through the tory media bloc and we get a Labour/SNP coalition at the next election.

Otherwise I'm just going to shelve any plans I had for a comfortable life and find a commune to join or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

"Now not the time"

Cannot wait to see wee jimmy krankies response

"Now not the time"

Spoiler:

"Now not the time"

Spoiler: