hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 774 of 1249 FirstFirst ... 274674724764771772773774775776777784824874 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,480 of 24969

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Its just so poorly made, the taxidermy i mean.
    It a decent zoomorphism of your thought processes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Lol, Hammond has had to do a U-turn on the NI increase. Another multi-billion pound budget black hole then. Guess it'll be the disabled, children and low-income earners that'll be expected to cough up for that one too.

It's fucking ridiculous to be honest.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I imagine they remember what happened the last time a governing party broke a manifesto pledge that was important to their core voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I imagine they remember what happened the last time a governing party broke a manifesto pledge that was important to their core voters.
    They could ask some of the Liberals....oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F18 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    If by posturing you mean veto it, then yeah.
    They won't veto because catalonia in no way or form compares to Scotland, at least in my view .
    As per the Spanish Foreign Minister, they'll join the back of the queue like any other country.
    There is no queue. You either qualify for membership and join or you don't.
    which, ps scotland doesn't. if you want to be fully in the EU post 2020 (won't happen) you'll have to take the euro. to take the euro you need a period (3 years?) of no more than 3% budget deficit - scotlands is currently a hair over 9%
    I think the EU might take them anyways to set an example, "if you leave your economy goes bust and your country itself might split apart".
    ... and we'll happily pick of the good pieces (Scotland)."

They won't veto because catalonia in no way or form compares to Scotland, at least in my view .
    As per the Spanish Foreign Minister, they'll join the back of the queue like any other country.
    Be sure to tell the Spanish Foreign Minister that m8

Anyway, Scotland - in its current form - does not qualify. It doesn't meet a lot of the financial pre-reqs for EU membership.
    As with the Brexit and all the legal opinions around that yet untested article 50 - I guess that would make up for another interesting legal question: if Scotland leaves while the UK is still a member, and therefore Scotland, too - do they need to (re-)apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Anyway, Scotland - in its current form - does not qualify. It doesn't meet a lot of the financial pre-reqs for EU membership.
    As with the Brexit and all the legal opinions around that yet untested article 50 - I guess that would make up for another interesting legal question: if Scotland leaves while the UK is still a member, and therefore Scotland, too - do they need to (re-)apply?
    But that's just it: Scotland is not currently a member of the EU.

The UK is a member of the EU. People who live in Scotland are EU citizens through dint of their UK citizenship. Business that are based in Scotland have access to the EU markets because they are registered UK businesses.

As far as the EU is concerned, Scotland as an entity does not exist and has no current access or membership.

That isn't going to change no matter how hard Scots close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and wrap themselves up in the Saltire.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; March 15 2017 at 02:25:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Basically, no one really knows because it hasn't happened before. As I said before, it's all politics and the EU's "rules" are only rules insofar as member states give a fuck about them.

"The UK is a member of the EU. People who live in Scotland are EU citizens through dint of their UK citizenship. Business that are based in Scotland have access to the EU markets because they are registered UK businesses."

So with a Scottish independence you would essentially, Leave the EU (Because of Brexit), Leave the UK, attempt to rejoin the EU.

I say attempt because, reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    "The UK is a member of the EU. People who live in Scotland are EU citizens through dint of their UK citizenship. Business that are based in Scotland have access to the EU markets because they are registered UK businesses."

So with a Scottish independence you would essentially, Leave the EU (Because of Brexit), Leave the UK, attempt to rejoin the EU.

That is what the European Commission has said yes

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

That is what the European Commission has said yes
    To be fair had they said "Scotland gets into EU if they leave the UK" that would have been a shitshow of epic proportions politically i guess.

Could be looked at as the EU directly convincing Scotland to fuck up the UK, not sure it's an image anyone wants.

Scotland leaving EU no matter what - PM - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-39282094

Mentioned in this BBC article that if someone breaks from a member state they have to reapply. So it's already been covered.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    Scotland leaving EU no matter what - PM - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-39282094

Mentioned in this BBC article that if someone breaks from a member state they have to reapply. So it's already been covered.
    It really doesnt mean shit. Reason for that is it have never happened. And its there to discourage separatists in Italy, France and Spain.

When it happens by consent it will be a different matter. (Country splitting of without a war)

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Lol, Hammond has had to do a U-turn on the NI increase.
    Pity. It was actually quite a sensible policy.

Let's put it that way: If you leave the part that leaves ... is that what you do then considered to be "leave" or "stay"?

I really have no idea and my common sense says Scotland needs to reapply, of course. But then again jurisdiction often heavily conflicts with comon sense, so there's that.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or they could wait to see what brexit actually looks like 2yrs down the line? People didn't know what voting brexit was so they'll have less of an idea what indyref2 would mean.
    Indryref 2 voting to leave the UK and inevitably joining the EU would mean Germany shoving a huge throbbing erection of austerity up the Scottish government's delicate wee budgetary 'hole' so to speak.
    It really wouldnt. Germany isnt retarded they can see the future of the EU hangs in the balance. They will want it to be a huge success (compared to English failure) to demonstrate the value of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or they could wait to see what brexit actually looks like 2yrs down the line? People didn't know what voting brexit was so they'll have less of an idea what indyref2 would mean.
    Indryref 2 voting to leave the UK and inevitably joining the EU would mean Germany shoving a huge throbbing erection of austerity up the Scottish government's delicate wee budgetary 'hole' so to speak.
    It really wouldnt. Germany isnt retarded they can see the future of the EU hangs in the balance. They will want it to be a huge success (compared to English failure) to demonstrate the value of the EU.
    [citation needed]

If Germany wants to save the union it'd need to do a damn sight more than coddle Scotland as an example of their good will and empathy to import-dominant economies.
    Last edited by Keckers; March 15 2017 at 08:31:47 PM.

While Scotland would certainly need to reapply... being a current member means that laws, regulations and economy are all compliant to EU regs and reqs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like the Dutch Farage has failed according to exit polls. And in a welcome development a left wing party of communists has done rather well. Vodkas all round comrades.