hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 743 of 1247 FirstFirst ... 2436436937337407417427437447457467537938431243 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,860 of 24934

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #14841
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,827
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I can't really see there being an appetite to grow the eurozone anyway. Like alongside the Merkel refugee policy its probably the biggest driver of anti EU sentiment as it is. If anything they'd be smart to shrink it.
    That sentiment only is true for the east.
    And the south. Realistically the workable euro area is about 6 countries.
    I meant the shrink the EU sentiment, not the eurozone. People don't want poor eastern European countries in the EU. If a country like Norway joined, people within the EU wouldn't complain at all.
    Most people I know are pretty much alright with the eastern european EU members
    Yeah because they provide cheap labour to the Germans
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  2. #14842
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Are you really saying Scotland is somehow comparable to Greece?
    At least they have feta and olives.

    You've got haggis.

    Checkm8
    Don't forget deep fried mars bars
    And square sausage

  3. #14843

    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

    There were some amusing tweets regarding St Theresa's own mandate from Nicola Sturgeon after May said the SNP had no mandate for a referendum.
    They have a mandate to hold a Scottish referendum but not a mandate for it to be recognised by the UK Government.

  4. #14844
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by F18 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    If by posturing you mean veto it, then yeah.
    They won't veto because catalonia in no way or form compares to Scotland, at least in my view .
    As per the Spanish Foreign Minister, they'll join the back of the queue like any other country.
    There is no queue. You either qualify for membership and join or you don't.
    Be sure to tell the Spanish Foreign Minister that m8

    Anyway, Scotland - in its current form - does not qualify. It doesn't meet a lot of the financial pre-reqs for EU membership.

  5. #14845
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,779
    Advisory referenda are all the rage right now, you know.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  6. #14846
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    12,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I can't really see there being an appetite to grow the eurozone anyway. Like alongside the Merkel refugee policy its probably the biggest driver of anti EU sentiment as it is. If anything they'd be smart to shrink it.
    That sentiment only is true for the east.
    And the south. Realistically the workable euro area is about 6 countries.
    I meant the shrink the EU sentiment, not the eurozone. People don't want poor eastern European countries in the EU. If a country like Norway joined, people within the EU wouldn't complain at all.
    Most people I know are pretty much alright with the eastern european EU members
    Yeah because they provide cheap labour to the Germans
    Well mostly to the UK tbh.
    nevar forget

  7. #14847
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F18 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    If by posturing you mean veto it, then yeah.
    They won't veto because catalonia in no way or form compares to Scotland, at least in my view .
    As per the Spanish Foreign Minister, they'll join the back of the queue like any other country.
    There is no queue. You either qualify for membership and join or you don't.
    Be sure to tell the Spanish Foreign Minister that m8

    Anyway, Scotland - in its current form - does not qualify. It doesn't meet a lot of the financial pre-reqs for EU membership.
    Those strict rules that ensure only high quality countries can join...

  8. #14848
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,752
    If Scotland were to leave the UK, would that result in the rise of the Glorious Eternal Tory Empire for the rest of you?

  9. #14849
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,010
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    If Scotland were to leave the UK, would that result in the rise of the Glorious Eternal Tory Empire for the rest of you?
    only if corbyn keeps being pointless. labours key grounds were the north of england, and it's not scotlands fault that labour has lost that.

    AGAIN

    scotland cannot join the EU (unless they get in before 2020) at their current deficit level. and this is very much while under financial support from the UK as a whole.

    if i was scottish i wouldn't have voted for indy in the last go, and i certainly wouldn't in this rerun. if you want independence, vote for it for the right fucking reasons.

  10. #14850
    Smuggo
    Guest
    What are the "right reasons"?

  11. #14851
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

    Well mostly to the UK tbh.
    Nowhere near the same scale as they do for German export companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #14852
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    if you want independence, vote for it for the right fucking reasons.
    make me

  13. #14853
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    What are the "right reasons"?
    the right reasons, if we're ignoring nationalism are inheriting a country that isn't going to be instantly fucked by debt, without an armed forces, without any real trade agreements, with no financial fallback mechanisms and an awful lot more

    same as i said before, i'd love for (and eventually vote for) a united ireland, but right now is not the time.

  14. #14854
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,010
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    if you want independence, vote for it for the right fucking reasons.
    make me
    #fakenews

  15. #14855
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    12,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

    Well mostly to the UK tbh.
    Nowhere near the same scale as they do for German export companies.

    So all of the companies.

    Also you ignore people from the rest of the world as well. Lots of Brits here, too.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  16. #14856
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,752
    Keckers knows about the Great German Conspiracy. We might have to sort that out at some point.

  17. #14857
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Keckers has overdone his spiel, its impossible to take him seriously anymore sadly. You just cant tell anymore if its a communism meme or a serious post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  18. #14858
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Keckers has overdone his spiel, its impossible to take him seriously anymore sadly.
    Glass houses...

  19. #14859
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    What are the "right reasons"?
    the right reasons, if we're ignoring nationalism are inheriting a country that isn't going to be instantly fucked by debt, without an armed forces, without any real trade agreements, with no financial fallback mechanisms and an awful lot more

    same as i said before, i'd love for (and eventually vote for) a united ireland, but right now is not the time.
    Dunno if you heard m8 but the UK is also massively in debt, basically every western country is.

    Also pretty sure a disproportionate number of service personnel are, in fact, Scots.

    Also, dunno if you heard but the UK is going headfirst into the no trade agreements thing anyway.

    What is a financial fallback mechanism?

  20. #14860
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    What is a financial fallback mechanism?
    Is that when they jump off a bridge?
    Coq d'Argent is the favoured jumping spot in the City and it's not in Scotland so guess that must mean the country is fucked without London.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •