hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1677 of 1677 FirstFirst ... 67711771577162716671674167516761677
Results 33,521 to 33,539 of 33539

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

  1. #33521
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,188
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  2. #33522

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Here's a tip: why don't you just stop (constantly) misrepresenting what other people wrote,
    This isn't hyperbole: I wasn't misrepresenting you. This is what you were saying. You need to review what you're saying and tone down the fantasy that you layer on top of the reality.

    you believe are the counter arguments?
    Which I did. I even provided examples. It's taken the EU nearly two years just to internally agree the movement of the EMA and EBA. Those are the easy decisions. How well do you think France are fairing with planning for Calais's road network next year? Do you think their emergency legislation is an after dinner treat? Do you think the AIVD are lounging about on the beach without a care that one of their biggest intelligence partners is about to disappear? Do you think Poland aren't shitting a brick at a billion dollars a year of remittences suddenly being subject to capital controls? How about Romania and half a million of their citizens going to be stuck in limbo without access to work, housing or healthcare?

    You're sitting there trying to paint a picture, saying baseless nonsense and worthless weasel words like this:

    Brexit, and almost everything to do with Brexit has been relegated almost entirely to Barnier and his team
    Or this

    Almost no time during the summits was or is spend on Brexit
    Or this

    And no more than a fraction of 'the EU' has been tied up by the Brexit fiasco
    Or this

    But until now, the whole Brexit thing, ...has been no more than a nuisance.
    Or this

    But if you'd ask Macron ... they would laugh in your face


    What you actually mean to say is that "Brexit has less of an impact on the EU than on the UK, and their legal position is and always has been well defined, so they've been able to spend less effort on the process". This is an obvious fact we can all see and agree on.

    What you're actually saying is all that shit, putting words into the mouths of foreign leaders, conjuring up "facts" about how much time and effort the EU has been spending and generally just painting a picture, one can only assume, to make yourself feel good about knowing shit.

  3. #33523
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,386
    Scotland whipping up a new batch of mad cow to sort the English cunts out.

  4. #33524
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    :elmicker: now with even more selective quoting and ellipsis!

    Two can play at that game!

    It's taken the EU nearly two years just to internally agree the movement of the EMA and EBA.
    Ehh, remember that the original argument was that Brexit has completely jammed up the process at the EU?

    And that, for all your usual fuminating, this is your only argument that it has? In fact, you admit that it's not even an argument, but an example.

    And what a poor one it is. Now, I grant you that the EMA and EBA will have been quite busy dealing with the fall out of Brexit. Given that they're both directly affected. But has this completely jammed up the process at the EU? No it hasn't, not even by a long shot. Not even the EMA and EBA have stopped functioning because of Brexit. They've just been doing their work as before. In addition to which they've been planning their move back into the rEU. That they had to do both, and the fact that it is still completely unclear what Brexit is going to be like, has no doubt contributed to it taken two years to decide on their move.

    Now compare this to just about anything this government set out to do in their manifesto in the last election. How much of that never got off the drawingboard because of Brexit? Even someone as blind to reason as you should be able to see the difference.

    Moreover, the EMA and the EBA are just two EU institution out of many. And those others don't need to move. And they have also continued to operate, Brexit or no Brexit.

    Same as with the summits. Also an argument originally made. Since the Brexit vote, the EU has had at least half a dozen summits. Presidents, prime ministers, more if you count the ones with Finance Ministers as well. Some lasting till past midnight to hammer things out. Was that because of Brexit? Was all that time spend discussing Brexit? No. You know full well it wasn't.

    Hardly a fraction of that summit time was spend on the UK's retarded decision to commit sudoko. Far more time was spend on far more important issues for the EU at large. Like the immigration/refugee crisis, Putin's shenanigans, financial situation and the Euro, Greece, how to deal with Trump, trade deal with Canada, etc. etc. etc.

    And that is also a reflection of what the EU, and the process/bureaucracy of the EU was primarily concerned with during that time. And the same holds for most of the national governments.

    That doesn't mean that Brexit is not a matter of concern for the EU, or those national governments. As you are trying to misrepresent what I wrote as. Nothing like it. Which is why I never wrote that either.

    It obviously is of a lot of concern, but, back to the actual and original topic: the process at the EU is not jammed up by Brexit. Not even those institutions directly affected by Brexit, have been jammed up by it. It's not unaffected, obviously, but it's really not straining under the weight of having to deal with Brexit either. In fact, over the past two years, it has had to deal with far more important and strenuous problems. Like, yes, the refugee crisis.

    What you actually mean to say is that "Brexit has less of an impact on the EU than on the UK, and their legal position is and always has been well defined, so they've been able to spend less effort on the process". This is an obvious fact we can all see and agree on.
    Ahh, there's the backpedal then.

    Ooops, no wait:
    What you're actually saying is all that shit, putting words into the mouths of foreign leaders, conjuring up "facts" about how much time and effort the EU has been spending and generally just painting a picture, one can only assume, to make yourself feel good about knowing shit.
    Ahh, and there's the strawman argument.

    :elmicker: back to his old programme ...
    Last edited by Bartholomeus Crane; October 18 2018 at 01:03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  5. #33525
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Scotland whipping up a new batch of mad cow to sort the English cunts out.
    Aberdeanshire though ...

    *no true Scotsman*
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  6. #33526

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    People like you (read: simplistic black-and-white morons) seem to forget that for much of their time in the EU, the British acted as glue between the Franco-German axis and the rest of the EU. Them being in the EU made progress of the EU, and within the EU, possible. Naturally, the French and the Germans weren't too happy about that, but other countries like will be loath to see the balance of power within the EU tilt (even further) towards a Germano-Gallic hegemony with the UK gone.
    The ironic part, which you seem to miss a bit, is that Germany also corporated closely with the U.K. (against France) to achieve certain topics moving forward. Mainly economical topics, where France still has a rather protective stance.

    And right now Germany might be the strongest supporter the U.K. staying and/or exiting from exit.

    tl;dr
    Countries pick their sides according to their best interest.
    I didn't miss it, I just didn't want to clutter the narrative. But I agree, there have times when the UK sided with Germany against the French, and there even may have been times when the UK sided with France against the Germans (though I can't think of an example of that one from the top of my head).
    I can't remember a specific topic either, but if I would have to guess, it was military and/or foreign policiy related.

    No wonder even the Germans support the UK staying (and would take it back without punishment). They're not particularly interested in the French deciding (or at least claiming the credit, as is their wont), and the Germans footing the bill either!
    From what I gathered over the past two years, it's not "even Germany supports ...", but Germany's*) perhaps the strongest proponent of a favorable exit-deal.

    *) By "Germany" I mean the major political parties and their lead personnel. The population perhaps not so much.

    [Added]
    Re. disagreement or U.K. + France working together with Germany opposing: wasn't that the case with the Libya air strikes?
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; October 18 2018 at 01:15:22 PM.

  7. #33527
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    People like you (read: simplistic black-and-white morons) seem to forget that for much of their time in the EU, the British acted as glue between the Franco-German axis and the rest of the EU. Them being in the EU made progress of the EU, and within the EU, possible. Naturally, the French and the Germans weren't too happy about that, but other countries like will be loath to see the balance of power within the EU tilt (even further) towards a Germano-Gallic hegemony with the UK gone.
    The ironic part, which you seem to miss a bit, is that Germany also corporated closely with the U.K. (against France) to achieve certain topics moving forward. Mainly economical topics, where France still has a rather protective stance.

    And right now Germany might be the strongest supporter the U.K. staying and/or exiting from exit.

    tl;dr
    Countries pick their sides according to their best interest.
    I didn't miss it, I just didn't want to clutter the narrative. But I agree, there have times when the UK sided with Germany against the French, and there even may have been times when the UK sided with France against the Germans (though I can't think of an example of that one from the top of my head).
    I can't remember a specific topic either, but if I would have to guess, it was military and/or foreign policiy related.

    No wonder even the Germans support the UK staying (and would take it back without punishment). They're not particularly interested in the French deciding (or at least claiming the credit, as is their wont), and the Germans footing the bill either!
    From what I gathered over the past two years, it's not "even Germany supports ...", but Germany's*) perhaps the strongest proponent of a favorable exit-deal.

    *) By "Germany" I mean the major political parties and their lead personnel. The population perhaps not so much.

    [Added]
    Re. disagreement or U.K. + France working together with Germany opposing: wasn't that the case with the Libya air strikes?
    As I see it, Germanies political stance towards Brexit is: If the UK really wants to leave, then let's let them leave in a way that does the least damage to (first and foremost) the German and (then the) EU economies. If that means giving them a favourable exit-deal, then so be it. If that means letting the UK have it's cake and eat it too, or undermining the EU, or the EU project: then hell no.

    It's a pragmatic and realistic approach, shared by most countries in the rEU, railroaded only by UK Tory retardedness. Had the UK plonked for a Norway/EEA association solution, Brexit would be done by now. I still think it would be stupid, but there it is.

    As for the Libya air strikes: you could be right. Sounds like something they would agreed on and Germany not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  8. #33528
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,188
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?

  9. #33529

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,106
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.

  10. #33530
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.
    Have the cake. The saying is: have the cake and eat it too.

    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  11. #33531
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,866
    I think the original was 'eat your cake and have it' and it got bastardised somewhere in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #33532
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.
    Have the cake. The saying is: have the cake and eat it too.

    *sigh*
    Make like a tree and get outta here

  13. #33533
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.
    Have the cake. The saying is: have the cake and eat it too.

    *sigh*
    Make like a tree and get outta here
    It is sooo tempting to post a fluttershy picture now ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  14. #33534

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.
    Have the cake. The saying is: have the cake and eat it too.

    *sigh*
    Yes, i know. "Want to have the cake and eat it too".

    Well of course i do. I don't want to have it and NOT eat it, and i can't very well eat it if i dont have it.
    So i repeat: Fucking stupid saying.

  15. #33535
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.
    Have the cake. The saying is: have the cake and eat it too.

    *sigh*
    Yes, i know. "Want to have the cake and eat it too".

    Well of course i do. I don't want to have it and NOT eat it, and i can't very well eat it if i dont have it.
    So i repeat: Fucking stupid saying.
    The original saying is "you cannot eat the cake and have it too", which makes more logical sense.

    Its possession, not consumption.

    Aided by a quirk of English, where we have things for meals.
    meh

  16. #33536

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,106
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.
    Have the cake. The saying is: have the cake and eat it too.

    *sigh*
    Yes, i know. "Want to have the cake and eat it too".

    Well of course i do. I don't want to have it and NOT eat it, and i can't very well eat it if i dont have it.
    So i repeat: Fucking stupid saying.
    The original saying is "you cannot eat the cake and have it too", which makes more logical sense.

    Its possession, not consumption.

    Aided by a quirk of English, where we have things for meals.
    Now that makes more sense. Good job!

  17. #33537
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Why would we want the cake but not eat it?
    Literally the entire point of cake. Fucking stupid saying.
    Have the cake. The saying is: have the cake and eat it too.

    *sigh*
    Make like a tree and get outta here
    It is sooo tempting to post a fluttershy picture now ....
    go for it

  18. #33538
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    It is sooo tempting to post a fluttershy picture now ....
    go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  19. #33539
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,765
    Just realised barth is a pony infidel.

    jesus

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •