hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1658 of 1683 FirstFirst ... 658115815581608164816551656165716581659166016611668 ... LastLast
Results 33,141 to 33,160 of 33650

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

They're not going to like the results.

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Did you threaten to overrule him Mr Howard?

Why should she bother telling the truth when the likes of Meester and CE will eagerly guzzle down her obvious lies?
    I love Malcanis!

A politician lying....holy shit, more news at obvious o'clock
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    BOTH. SIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    If only you had figured that out before the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Why should she bother telling the truth when the likes of Meester and CE will eagerly guzzle down her obvious lies?
    Because everything the EU says is not a lie right?

Maybe I should go around blindly believing Tony Blair, Peter Mandelson and Alistair Campbell. Looks like you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

Maybe I should go around blindly believing Tony Blair, Peter Mandelson and Alistair Campbell. Looks like you are.
    This is an embarrassing strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

WHATABOUT
    I love Malcanis!

One thing the finnish media pointed out; with all the brexit waffing being done, and needing to be done in the future deal or no deal, there is little or no resources for other issues like the public services in the government.

Amazing stiff upper lip scenes

This is what happens when you give the right any time at all for their nostalgic pet projects. Governing by referendum doesn't work in a parliamentary democracy because it immediately bypasses all the checks and balances which prevent insane fringe ideas from gaining traction.

The whole thing is a travesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

During the FHC tour of parliament, i slapped a bust of some tory mp round the back of the head in the Common's Lobby room. It was the least i could do for Britain. Didn't go down well tbh

also, the dozen or so olive trees that decorate portcullis house's lobby are not owned by the government. Tax payer's money spends 20 thousand pound a year per tree to RENT them out.

A mental place, in every sense

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    During the FHC tour of parliament, i slapped a bust of some tory mp round the back of the head in the Common's Lobby room. It was the least i could do for Britain. Didn't go down well tbh

also, the dozen or so olive trees that decorate portcullis house's lobby are not owned by the government. Tax payer's money spends 20 thousand pound a year per tree to RENT them out.

IIRC it was 30k. I'm sure some mandarin got a tidy backhander for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

Does that include care and maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

It better does otherwise... Holy shit.

I am fully convinced that we have similar examples of government wastage. Not that nice trees or proper representative government buildings are a waste. But that clearly is.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

It's not wastage when your uncle takes care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

I would hope so. Though how much that would run to if they were owned outright I'm not sure.

Looking around they're not cheap and the specimens in the lobby were finer.

I suppose they would argue that their presence in the lobby creates an atmosphere that provides some sort of 'happiness/efficiency dividend' of >30k though I'm sure they could have managed that with some cheaper, native tree. There are benefits to sprucing up the working environment rather than having a souless utilitarian space but this does seem somewhat wasteful.

*Fig trees.

Also some minor digging has shown that the 34k a year rental was claimed in a 2012 evening standard article, citing a freedom of information request as the source. For 2014 to 17, one can view the parliamentary budget for the greenery, and it is significantly lower magically