hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1244 of 1244 FirstFirst ... 2447441144119412341241124212431244
Results 24,861 to 24,880 of 24880

Thread: (UK EURO WAFFLE) Limey Civil War

Joe you're talking as if Vetoing a budget only hurts the UK. Vetoing the mff kills the eu.
    The formula for contributions is so broken it has to be patched up all over with exceptions and eu aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Djan, I am disappointed that you don't know how the British rebate for the EU budget works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_rebate

Although the rebate is not set in the EU treaties, it is negotiated as part of the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) every seven years and must be unanimously agreed.
    So axing the rebate will happen by 2020 (last period started 2013) if the UK remains. At least one member will be pissed off enough to kill it.

Tapapapatalk
    Given that "killing it" will also result in other countries loosing their rebate..

..I doubt it.

Remember, in this theoretical no-brexit future the UK will be one of the countries that can kill the rebates for everyone.

Edit: I just looked into this a bit deeper and apparently the UK has a veto over any changes to the UK rebate and the only way to remove that veto is via a council the UK also holds a veto within.

So. Yeah. Without an actual brexit the UK deal will stay as-is no matter how much zee Germans piss and moan.
    Uhm, CAP beneficiaries isn't the list of who got a rebate. It's the list of who gets agricultural subsidies.

Only the UK gets a rebate.

Germany probably doesn't give a fuck about the rebate in the grand scheme of things.

Considering that France is the country that pays for most of the rebate however...

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Djan, I am disappointed that you don't know how the British rebate for the EU budget works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_rebate

Although the rebate is not set in the EU treaties, it is negotiated as part of the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) every seven years and must be unanimously agreed.
    So axing the rebate will happen by 2020 (last period started 2013) if the UK remains. At least one member will be pissed off enough to kill it.

Tapapapatalk
    Given that "killing it" will also result in other countries loosing their rebate..

..I doubt it.

Remember, in this theoretical no-brexit future the UK will be one of the countries that can kill the rebates for everyone.

Edit: I just looked into this a bit deeper and apparently the UK has a veto over any changes to the UK rebate and the only way to remove that veto is via a council the UK also holds a veto within.

So. Yeah. Without an actual brexit the UK deal will stay as-is no matter how much zee Germans piss and moan.
    Uhm, CAP beneficiaries isn't the list of who got a rebate. It's the list of who gets agricultural subsidies.

Only the UK gets a rebate.

Germany probably doesn't give a fuck about the rebate in the grand scheme of things.

Considering that France is the country that pays for most of the rebate however...

Tapapapatalk
    c
    Come on you're not his dumb. The mff is to agree the funding for the cap.
    No mff agreement, no funding for cap, none of those countries get their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    If parliament revokes the Article 50 notice I fear that the tabloids will find a way to blame the EU for your own incompetence.

Edit: and if you do, be sure to say a farewell to all of your special conditions.

Tapapapatalk
    Yeh that's not how the law works. Revocation would mean things would continue as normal.
    Yeah there are totally no political consequences to a thing like this that totally won't have an effect on relations and law changes.

Totally.

Reality would like a word with you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Relations sure, our terms would stay the same as we would not have left under that hypothetical.

Were we to revoke we'd remain an existing member. You can't punish an existing member in some arbitrary way, it's nonsense.
    Utter bollocks dislodged from political reality

Posted von mein Tapashitcunt
    Oh my you are a retard of the highest order. Thee political reality is that wre Britain to stay and then punished it would undermine the entire Eu's position. That former point is irrelevant anyway, there's no legal basis for punishing a state that decides to revoke. It's not in the interests of the block to punish should we decide to stay: they win, we lose the argument and unity is assured.

This is not hard to get, even for someone as useless as you.

Oh and weeeeeeed, you fucking parody of yourself .

It's hard to disagree with the SC operative tbh.

If parliament revokes the Article 50 notice I fear that the tabloids will find a way to blame the EU for your own incompetence.

Edit: and if you do, be sure to say a farewell to all of your special conditions.

Tapapapatalk
    Yeh that's not how the law works. Revocation would mean things would continue as normal.
    Yeah there are totally no political consequences to a thing like this that totally won't have an effect on relations and law changes.

Totally.

Relations sure, our terms would stay the same as we would not have left under that hypothetical.

Were we to revoke we'd remain an existing member. You can't punish an existing member in some arbitrary way, it's nonsense.

Oh my you are a retard of the highest order. Thee political reality is that wre Britain to stay and then punished it would undermine the entire Eu's position. That former point is irrelevant anyway, there's no legal basis for punishing a state that decides to revoke. It's not in the interests of the block to punish should we decide to stay: they win, we lose the argument and unity is assured.

Whew lad, you're so far stuck in your theoretical lawyering bubble and clueless about actual eu politics...
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Im beginning to agree with Djan. Even in the most fevered minds of the brexiteers they know they need extra customs facilities to deal with not being in the single market. And they're doing nothing. Nothing at all.

Either they're so incompetent we will not be able to do anything, forcing parliament will order the revocation of article 50 and blame may, or they intend to negotiate a Norway solution.

Also, keckers would make a great lawyer. don't let your dreams be dreams.
    What about this government rules out the "they really are that incompetent" hypothesis in your view?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

buttbuddies
    Was this a popular word where you went to school or something?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    This swagger you are displaying since duck and smuggs departure is annoying.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    They also found your swagger annoying, further, smuggo was a bully and you didn't have an open issue with that - hypocrite much? I'm merely pointing out that people shouldn't comment on things they know little about. I get docs across my desk everyday that would you make you all agree with me.
    Why are you being such a massive cunt?

Chill the fuck out or I'll take your bespoke Pringles away.

Spoiler:

Tapapapatalk

Totally.

In this hypothetical outcome, the EU barely even need to punish us any further than we've punished ourselves. As it is, the relocation of EU agencies away from the UK is a nasty blow that will take a decade or more to even start repairing, but the real deal is the huge damage to the confidence in the UK generally as an investment opportunity, and the financial industry especially.

NB: A sensible, well thought through Brexit might look something like

"OK this non-binding referendum has given us a clear mandate to prepare to leave the EU, we will spend the lifetime of this parliament working out exactly what we want that exit to look like, whilst examining and reforming the affected government institutions. We will also assemble an independent agency to examine the legal issues as well as prepare studies on the economic and social ramifications. At the end of this parliament we will present those findings, along with a progress report and offer the British public a second, binding referendum concurrent with a general election so people only have to schlep to the polls once, to be made on the basis of an informed choice about exactly what the outcome is that we will all be voting for".

Now compare this approach to the brexit we actually got, and tell me again you don't think that this government is reckless enough, self-obsessed enough and incompetent enough to drive us over the cliff edge rather than stop arguing about who gets to be at the wheel.
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Tapapapatalk

Totally.

In this hypothetical outcome, the EU barely even need to punish us any further than we've punished ourselves. As it is, the relocation of EU agencies away from the UK is a nasty blow that will take a decade or more to even start repairing, but the real deal is the huge damage to the confidence in the UK generally as an investment opportunity, and the financial industry especially.

NB: A sensible, well thought through Brexit might look something like

"OK this non-binding referendum has given us a clear mandate to prepare to leave the EU, we will spend the lifetime of this parliament working out exactly what we want that exit to look like, whilst examining and reforming the affected government institutions. We will also assemble an independent agency to examine the legal issues as well as prepare studies on the economic and social ramifications. At the end of this parliament we will present those findings, along with a progress report and offer the British public a second, binding referendum concurrent with a general election so people only have to schlep to the polls once, to be made on the basis of an informed choice about exactly what the outcome is that we will all be voting for".

Now compare this approach to the brexit we actually got, and tell me again you don't think that this government is reckless enough, self-obsessed enough and incompetent enough to drive us over the cliff edge rather than stop arguing about who gets to be at the wheel.
    Ye but you're forgetting about the documents he gets on his desk every day that noone else is allowed to know the content of that may or may not be real that'd make you believe he is right

Im beginning to agree with Djan. Even in the most fevered minds of the brexiteers they know they need extra customs facilities to deal with not being in the single market. And they're doing nothing. Nothing at all.

Either they're so incompetent we will not be able to do anything, forcing parliament will order the revocation of article 50 and blame may, or they intend to negotiate a Norway solution.

Also, keckers would make a great lawyer. don't let your dreams be dreams.
    What about this government rules out the "they really are that incompetent" hypothesis in your view?
    Sorry I wasn't clear, it's not that I rule it out, it's that if it is the case I believe parliament could force revocation of article 50.
    You may say I'm being naive here, and perhaps I am, but I do believe it.

Is there a betting office who would take the wager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plu...et/1.130766060

Betfair (I know, not a bookies per se) will give you odds on it.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Im beginning to agree with Djan.
    This is going along the path of no return.

I'll bet you and Djan a million pounds that Brexit will happen.

Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

Deal?
    Brexit can mean literally anything at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Deal?
    I think you'll find that it means Brexit.
    I love Malcanis!

Deal?
    I'm with Meester on this.

May won't reverse direction because she would be ousted.

If she does get ousted the odds of the top two candidates both being remainers are slim, and there's no way the eurosceptics would withdraw their candidate to let a remainer through.

In the runoff between the top two, the wider Tory membership would never elect a remainer as their leader.

Given that Tories value power over everything else, the only way to stop Brexit is for there to be enough by-elections in the next 18 months to destroy their majority or for them to really piss off the DUP.

Deal?
    I think you'll find that it means Brexit.
    RED WHITE AND FUCKING BLUE BREXIT

Deal?
    I think you'll find that it means Breakfast.
    Ftfy
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic